Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Ace Attorney Thread

Alphys Hedge

Huh. Well in that case...

Sympathetic killers, IMO: Dee Vasquez, Yanni Yogi, Damon Gant, Ini/Mimi Miney, Acro, Shelly De Killer, Godot, and Simon Keyes (the unofficial English name of the final boss of Investigations 2).

In terms of feeling sorry for them, I'd have to say I only agree with Ini/Mimi, Acro, and Godot. I haven't played AAI2 yet, though.

In terms of finding it hard to hate them, I'd agree with Damon, Ini, Acro, and Godot.

The others I didn't really hate or feel sorry for, I honestly had no feeling for.

• Brohoof 1

Godot is the only "antagonist" I really cared for. I hate anyone who says he got a death sentence after T&T because of the ending picture of him, Mia and.. Mia's mother (forgot her name...). I really hate thinking about it. I did feel something like empathy towards others but no one else made me feel sorry for what they had done. By the way, before someone jumps the gun here, Miles is mine and mine alone.
Funny story though, I think I started playing AA games because of the MLP crossover...
Also, here's the picture I was talking about:

PWAATaT_Case05_End.png

• Brohoof 2

Sympathetic killers, IMO: Dee Vasquez, Yanni Yogi, Damon Gant, Ini/Mimi Miney, Acro, Shelly De Killer, Godot, and Simon Keyes (the unofficial English name of the final boss of Investigations 2).

Yeah I'm with Alpha Hedge, among those, only Mimi, Acro, and Godot can count as sympathetic(ok, and maaaaaaaayyyybe Yanni Yogi)

Also, Damon Gant is far, soooo far from sympathetic. He's popular because he's an insanely fun villain

• Brohoof 1

since this is a Ace Attorney thread and I love this hell out of this series I decided to give you a very nice song from the series to listen to 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k

and I guess while I'm here I will give my Top 5 favroite Ace Attorney cases of all time

1) Farewell, My Turnabout (2:4:4)

2) Turnabout Sisters (1:2:4)
3) Turnabout Memories (3:1:5)
4) Turnabout Succession (4:4:4)
5) Rise From The ashes (1:5:4)

I would giver reasons why these are my favorite but I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played it yet.

I actually got into Ace Attorney by watching Turnabout Storm.    
Edited by Zantetsuken

I'd say my favorite trials would be 

1) Bridge to the Turnabout

2) Farewell, My Turnabout

3) Turnabout Goodbyes

4) Rise From the Ashes

5) Turnabout Succession 

Also I think a lot of MLP fans got into Ace Attorney through Turnabout Storm :P

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I'd say my favorite trials would be 

2) Farewell, My Turnabout

3) Turnabout Goodbyes

4) Rise From the Ashes

5) Turnabout Succession 

Also I think a lot of MLP fans got into Ace Attorney through Turnabout Storm :P

Those are some very good favorite cases. Bridge to a Turnabout was good but it was just a little too confusing for me to follow because of all the body switching stuff or whatever they called it. Those final cases tend to get very confusing but Bridge to a Turnabout is the only one I had legitimate trouble following.   

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

since this is a Ace Attorney thread and I love this hell out of this series I decided to give you a very nice song from the series to listen to 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k

and I guess while I'm here I will give my Top 5 favroite Ace Attorney cases of all time

1) Farewell, My Turnabout (2:4:4)

2) Turnabout Sisters (1:2:4)
3) Turnabout Memories (3:1:5)
4) Turnabout Succession (4:4:4)
5) Rise From The ashes (1:5:4)

I would giver reasons why these are my favorite but I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't played it yet.

I actually got into Ace Attorney by watching Turnabout Storm.    

You can put it in a spoiler if you want, that's what those are for, anyways  :twi:

Since everyone's doing this, then why not:

Favorite Cases:

2) Turnabout for Tomorrow

3) Turnabout Academy

4) Turnabout Succession

5) Recipe for Turnabout

Edited by Simon Blackquill
  • Brohoof 1

A bit late, but I felt really bad for Yanni Yogi. Hammond really destroyed his life, leaving Yogi behind with a dead wife and no friends other than his pet parrot. I might be a bit biased by the phoenix Wright movie because of how much of a sympathetic character they made him at his last scenes, but still.

• Brohoof 2

Also, Damon Gant is far, soooo far from sympathetic. He's popular because he's an insanely fun villain

There's also his final speech:

It's the exact opposite of the likes of Manfred, Matt, Dahlia, etc., and it just makes the whole thing even more bittersweet.

Ace Attorney... it's a great series. Recently finished the original Phoenix Wright trilogy and am currently playing Apollo Justice. Have Dual Destinies downloaded and ready to play on my 3DS when I'm done with that as well, and will also probably get Investigations. :)

Shame Great Ace Attorney and Investigations 2 aren't localized ... I'll probably just watch an english LP of I2 since I know there's a fan translation out there but I'd rather not emulate. :wacko:

But yeah, great series. I'm hooked. :D

Also Dahlia is scariest villain

dahlia-iris-heh(a).gif

:blink:

• Brohoof 2

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hold it! Surely you mean the ace baker! :P

I'm eagerly awaiting ace attorney 6 as well. I really hope they bring back good ol' Gumshoe. He's one of my favorite characters and he's been out of the spotlight for way too long, me thinks!

sig-4193936.bMlrtM9.gif

Gumshoe is underrated and precious...

• Brohoof 1