Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else hates all these new Internet terms?

Spikey-Wikey

Bae, Squad, Banter, Yolo, Cray, Swag

Is "banter" an internet term? I never thought so. I've used it for a few years now. :o

But, yeah, I really hate the word "bae".  It sounds so...stupid. Like, you've bastardized the word "baby" into "babe", then "babe" into "bae". It just sounds...I don't know. Stupid.

I do use the word Cray-cray though, jokingly, because of Gravity Falls. ^^'

• Brohoof 1

The only terms that really annoy me are "Squad", "YOLO", "Netflix and chill" and "smh".

I can't really think of any others right now.

I actually find these words to be hilarious. I sometimes like to even use some of them while talking with other people.

I think people are clearly overreacting over something as trivial as a bunch of words. Like with most slang, these words will die out eventually and be replaced by a new bunch of words, so there's no need to be petty over all of this.

Edited by Galaxy
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah I am not really a fan of these terms in general.  Or at least used seriously.

Jokingly on the other hand.  It can be funny to use them to make fun of poor grammar found on the internet.

Squad and banter are ok, at least those are actual words. But yes, certain internet slang does get a little under my skin. Mostly the slang that immediately brings the image of a scumbag to my mind. Ex: Swag, bae and yolo. I can't read those words without picturing a jerk on the other side of the monitor. I know they're just words, but for some reason it's just my knee jerk reaction

I see nothing wrong or annoying with Internet terms.

People like to treat others as intellectual inferiors as a way to stroke their ego.

Yes, all of my yes right here ^^^^^

Also, Banter is not an Internet term.

Dddeerrrppp.
Edited by baltosaa
  • Brohoof 2

They annoy me too, But the thing people write that annoy me more then anything is "u"and "ur" instead of "you" and "Your"...

ur right fam

I mean, you're right. :D

Anyway, they get annoying pretty fast, but they're harmless so I don't really care. I only use them when I'm joking around.

• Brohoof 1

Well....

Bae....I think teenagers like to make this noise to rid themselves of their struggle to tell a girl that they like them by simply saying "you're my bae".

Squad is like...a group of friends or something...I think that's what teenagers call it these days.

Banter is probably the least annoying to me, because it's an actual word that you can use in a proper argument, or just like...a serious conversation.

Yolo, mostly used by twelvies, anyone older is ussually wearing a backwards snapback. It's not as annoying as it used to be since it's been around for a few years now, You might hear the odd teenager make this noise, but twelvies say it all the time like as if it's their mating call,

Cray, I have absolutely no idea what this means, I've heard the odd popular teenage girl make this "cray" noise, they must really like Crayfish.

Swag, when used in the proper context, it's not so bad, for instance.....a guy is with his friend and he sees another guy with about 50 golden necklaces around his neck, he then turns to his friend and sais "man...that guys got a lot of swag". On the other hand...when a twelvie spots another twelvie making the "Yolo" noise, they will respond with a high-pitched "Swag", and then that is the first stage of how twelvies mate.

I hate them because it makes me feel old and out of the loop. Sure the loop is stupid and uneducated, but its better then not being in a loop...i guess? Honestly, half these terms don't bug me. They are kinda like viners: funny for a bit then gets annoying and old, then people forget about them and move onto a new fad.