Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else hates all these new Internet terms?

Spikey-Wikey

I hate them all, and the funny thing is I hear them more in real life than I do on the actual Internet. High school is a breeding ground for them. Lately every word out of my classmates' mouths is something to do with "Netflix and chill". I just want to jump off a building everytime I hear it, which is always.

All I know that is when I hear some one say "cray cray" in real life- I feel like I'm about to go crazy and smack someone... :okiedokielokie:

post-24370-0-07328900-1395255756_thumb.jpg

Well, maybe it doesn't bother me to quite that extent, but it's just sooo stupid. "Bae" is pretty dumb sounding too.
post-24370-0-58283800-1416063191.jpg

I'm actually fine with most of them but bae is the only one that literally annoys me to no end. I don't really know why.

Well it annoys me because it's just short for "Baby" as if baby is the hardest word on earth. That's like saying water without the T.

"Waer"

• Brohoof 1

It depends. When they are used seriously or just as if they were a normal word, I don't like it. However, if they are used in a sarcastic way where the user is aware that they are quite stupid, it becomes funny instead and I can enjoy it.

idk if you guys understand what I mean but I'm not sure how to explain it better.

I'm not a normie and shitz lulz me up...lol   :D

lel bro lel

squad up in ere

join my minecraft server plz

Edited by Guest

Squad, Banter,

Wait, these are Internet terms? Since when? What do they even mean? O_o But yes, I do hate most of those terms as well. Then again, I never liked 'lol' either. At first I didn't even know that was an Internet term because it means 'fun' in Dutch.

Aside from that I generally despise Internet spelling like 'u', 'ur', 2, 4, 'w/e', 'w/o', 'w/', &...and pretty much every other shorthand aside from the acronyms I use because I'm a firm believer in double standards.

And yes, I know the ampersand is a stylized form of 'et' and means 'and', but aside from logos and company names I don't see the point in ever using it and it makes me irrationally pissed. So 'Johnson & Johnson' is fine IMO, but 'my friends & me went to the mall' is just asinine.

They are quite annoying. If you don't have a post maximum word limit then don't use them, even if you have a post limit don't so it until it is necessary. These seriously bug me, they are just annoying. It is also hard to know what the heck you are even saying. Why oh why to people even use these. Internet slang is annoying.

Well, it matters so much that you decided to comment.

Not this bullshit again.  

So what you're saying is that since I left a comment, I literally care about this just as much as the person who claimed that these new terms devolve the English langue and the person who claimed  that the people who created "those stupid words should have to sit in a bathtub full of ice"? That makes perfect sense, I can't see any flaw in that logic at all.*

*That was sarcastic...

• Brohoof 2

I am a Baby Boomer.  I hate the -ing Internet.  The whole thing, not just the slang.  Enlightenment is supposed to be good for you.  The Internet taught me that I am a slack twisted idiot lacking in basic life skills possessed by the average 6 year old.  I lived a reasonably happy life for decades & never knew that.  I could have happily gone to my grave without ever knowing that.

I long for the days when "buffering speed" referred to how fast Bufferin got into your blood stream to give you fast, fast, fast pain relief & someone told you they had a new mouse, you told them to get a cat.

As to Internet slang being some kind of new & terrible outrage, all I can say is "Lop Bop a Loop Bop, Loop Bam Boom! Rooty Tooty"

Edited by sweetolebob18

Bae, Squad, Banter, Yolo, Cray, Swag

I don't think those are "internet terms". They took off online, but I think they originated in real life.

EDIT: Especially "banter" and "squad". Those aren't even slang words.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Not this bullshit again.  

So what you're saying is that since I left a comment, I literally care about this just as much as the person who claimed that these new terms devolve the English langue and the person who claimed  that the people who created "those stupid words should have to sit in a bathtub full of ice"? That makes perfect sense, I can't see any flaw in that logic at all.*

*That was sarcastic...

I'm confused... what were you even talking about when you said:

Why do you people care so much?

As far as I can see it, they only reason you've commented is to complain about the thread. Nobody said you have to hate internet terms.

When the hell did banter become an internet term? It's an actual word that's used in serious discussions!

Really....? I've only heard it within the past year, and it was mostly used on the internet.

I'm confused... what were you even talking about when you said:

As far as I can see it, they only reason you've commented is to complain about the thread. Nobody said you have to hate internet terms.

Really....? I've only heard it within the past year, and it was mostly used on the internet.

No it's been part of the English language for centuries. It's been used to describe the friendly jabs two or more people make towards each other. The banter in the Avengers (Ex. Iron Man to Thor "Doth thy mother know you weareth her drapes") has been used as one of the reasons people love the movie. Believe me, it's not a new thing.

For that matter, when did Squad became an internet term? That's also has been used for centuries, ESPECIALLY in the military as it means a small team of people sent to fulfill a task.

Edited by The Coffee Pony

No it's been part of the English language for centuries. It's been used to describe the friendly jabs two or more people make towards each other. The banter in the Avengers (Ex. Iron Man to Thor "Doth thy mother know you weareth her drapes") has been used as one of the reasons people love the movie. Believe me, it's not a new thing.

For that matter, when did Squad became an internet term? That's also has been used for centuries, ESPECIALLY in the military as it means a small team of people sent to fulfill a task.

For the "Banter" part: Uh, ok.

For the "Squad" part: The internet term is used to describe a group of friends. It's a different type of squad than the military term.

or should i say that they are

H4rmle5s$4da yolo swag MLG DORITOS?!?!??=!=?#?0+ AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LAMO LOLOLOLLOLOLLOLOLOOL rolf ROLF=FOFOFLF  MOUNTAIN DEW =)=)=)=)=) OMG WTF  TROL TRLRLRL SWÅGG <3<3<3 RAr1TTYQYY is my Be3a YoLOAQ   fite mi Irl L bRUAh  1v1 meWO"""""@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ SOscopew<3 ABABABAB 

that is slang?

memes and other stuff like that is just there and it serves no real purpose and they arent very constructive imo  they  can be funny but i dont see any other sense in them

I'm with you there. I'm not a fan of that sort of stuff as well because not only does it make absolutely no sense it just makes users so say that really silly and think they are the best at anything. Also, please don't get me started on those videos.

No offense to those that like thus sort of stuff but in my opinion, watching MLG videos is like being in a room filled with vuvuzelas. 

• Brohoof 1

Who else here hates all these new internet terms? Mostly the ones that have become popular in the popular in the past year or so.

So who else hates all these new terms from the internet like:

Bae, Squad, Banter, Yolo, Cray, Swag

They just annoy me so much whenever someone says them >_>

EDIT: Well, okay, I don't mind Cray much, actually.

Well Banter was a phrase us brits have used for years. It's good to see it has spread to you guys in America over the web owo.

We literally have a comedy TV channel called Dave who's tag line has been for years 'The home of witty banter.' 

And I yeah most of those suck. But can be used for a piss-take well.

(And admittedly I use Bae around my friends when talking about my girlfriend XD)

Edited by Edd :3

Well Banter was a phrase us brits have used for years. It's good to see it has spread to you guys in America over the web owo.

We literally have a comedy TV channel called Dave who's tag line has been for years 'The home of [/size]witty banter.' [/size]

And I yeah most of those suck. But can be used for a piss-take well.

(And admittedly I use Bae around my friends when talking about my girlfriend XD)

Uhh, I'm not American. I'm Irish.

The only one from the original list that I recognize as a net slang is yolo.  Barter I am guessing means something other than what the actual word means. 

At any rate Yolo is fine.  Give a dumb term for someone about to do something stupid, it works.

Thing is "You only live once" isn't all that new, although shortening it is.

Edited by silvadel