Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else hates all these new Internet terms?

Spikey-Wikey

i swear if one of you shout "weeb" one more time

12 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I miss the times when people frequently said pwn; rekt is not quite the same.

I hardly see anybody say rekt nowadays. I like both terms either way, pwn reminds me of leetspeak from way back

1 hour ago, Bas said:

I think there is even a small difference between pwned and owned.

I thought pwn and own meant the same thing; my guess is that pwn was simply a misspelling of own but became accepted as a term.

48 minutes ago, Holly Jolly Ody said:

i swear if one of you shout "weeb" one more time

I hardly see anybody say rekt nowadays. I like both terms either way, pwn reminds me of leetspeak from way back

Pwn has some aspect of nostalgia for me whereas rekt does not... not that I have anything against the term.

If there were terms to be used to describe Anime enthusiasts it would be either Weaboo or Otaku as far as I am aware. It is not clear to me whether either or both are intended to be derogatory or neutral.

14 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

IPwn has some aspect of nostalgia for me whereas rekt does not... not that I have anything against the term.

If there were terms to be used to describe Anime enthusiasts it would be either Weaboo or Otaku as far as I am aware. It is not clear to me whether either or both are intended to be derogatory or neutral.

Me too, I know it sounds biased considering the main topic of this thread, but I do have a soft spot for old terms like pwn and 1337 and whatever

The way I see it, weeb and weeaboo are more derogatory, while otaku has been embraced as an affectionate nickname for members in the anime fandom overtime. Nowadays I see more of weeb and less of weeaboo and otaku tho

i hate it because I don't understand half of it. It's like everyday I'd learn a new internet terms.

i don't mind them, i quite like them but i'm a teen so my opinion is probably nothing lol. i just have trouble keeping up with all the acronyms though... i feel like an old person having to google new acronyms to understand what my friends are saying...

I don't hate them, they are definitely a help when you are texting someone in a hurry. I usually text my friends in well-structured full sentences to the best of my abilities, but I recently found out that apparently doing so makes them feel uncomfortable. :lie:

Tangent aside, I don't mind them or have a problem with them. Although I, too, have a problem keeping up. Just recently I learned what FOMO means! :laugh: You can use them however you like; though I would prefer if you not abuse them, as it gets annoying that way, in my opinion. :adorkable:

I'm living under a rock, so I only know those dead words, dead trends, and dead memes.

As for newer words, I have no idea about them. For example,

3 hours ago, Wannabrony said:

Just recently I learned what FOMO means! 

What does that word even mean? MOFO but backwards?

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

What does that word even mean? MOFO but backwards?

To quote Urban Dictionary, FOMO means...

"[foh-moh] noun Slang. a feeling of anxiety or insecurity over the possibility of missing out on something, as an event or an opportunity: If I say no to a party invitation, I get a bad case of FOMO."

Yeah, that. :P

12 minutes ago, Wannabrony said:

To quote Urban Dictionary, FOMO means...

"[foh-moh] noun Slang. a feeling of anxiety or insecurity over the possibility of missing out on something, as an event or an opportunity: If I say no to a party invitation, I get a bad case of FOMO."

Yeah, that. :P

I don't understand this world anymore :/

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

They're like a plague, honestly. We all hate them but sooner or later, we all wind up saying them. :laugh:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

I struggle to keep up with them. Every day, a new one gets pulled out of someone's ass.

Edited by Cash_In