Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc A Cultural Exchange

Illiad Easle

This thread is now closed. Thanks to everyone that made my first RP as DM a huge success.

Those interested in having one of your own, come back in October 2018.

It was just a normal day when you happened to come across a paper. Intrigued by its colorful design you decide to take a closer look, it reads:

Do you want to make friends, Explore new lands, and Experience different cultures as well as show others the joys of your own hometown? Then participate in the first ever All Equis Cultural Exchange.

To participate all you need to do is write a letter about yourself including the following:

Your name, your race, and your age. Be sure to describe yourself, including a picture if possible. And finally be sure to include your location, ability to host a guest in return is a requirement for participation. All ages may participate, children must have their parents' permission to enter.

Once you have submitted a letter you will be paired with another of similar age who wishes to share their culture with you. You will have a few weeks time to interact via letter prior to the official exchange, then you and your pairing will each host the other for one week in your respective home towns.

You look around at your hometown and think, Why not?

End Prompt

Well, here goes nothing then. Like it says in the prompt I will accept just about any OC, just make sure you provide a good description and you'll probably get in. Any questions, comments, and concerns you may have feel free to let me know, this is the first RP I've started.

RP Threads

Swift Message and Midnight Madness Ended for Inactivity

Swift Message and Cecil Hoofer Ended for Inactivity

Carbon Copy and Shamrock Shambles Ended for Inactivity

Carbon Copy and Soprano Allegro Ended by Mutual Agreement

Illiad Easle and Dax Blackwater

Selena Diamond and Sapphire Snow Ended for Inactivity

Alicorn Illiad and Dawn Fukamoto Ended for Inactivity

Glen Conagher and Serenity Crescent Ended for Inactivity

Midnight Star and Copper Strikes Ended, Parallel Divergence

Midnight Star and Bracket Sparks

Midnight Star and Argante Ended for Inactivity

Ætheron and Wrathius Ended for Inactivity

Edited by Illiad Easle
  • Brohoof 2

Is it limited to what (unicorns, pegasus, earth pony, ect) and how many (you can do)

I'll be doing a Hippocamp, so I think it's open to pretty much any MLP-related species.

Edited by Goodleg00p

To answer your questions, most races are accepted. If it was in the show it's good, and some others like hippocampi are also good. Just ask if you're unsure.

@@reader8363,

I think your OC works fine, it will certainly be an interesting experience.

I do want a letter description, as it provides some information on your hometown that isn't present in your character sheet. Plus it gives me a bit of insight to your character's personality.

But so far your character seems fine.

I've decided you don't need to write an intro letter here, just provide the information required, (name, age, race, location, and description.) Your introductory letter will be part of your opening post. The OP has been edited to match.

@@MidnightMadness1,

I can see why you'd want to leave the country, your character looks well thought out too.

Sure, you can be in it. 

@@MidnightMadness1,@@10InTheTardis,

Hey guys, I was originally planning to do this RP by pairing people up, but with this few of people it would make the most sense to do a few 1x1s with this thread as the OOC for all of them.

Basically your oc would do a cultural exchange with one of my ocs, if you guys are still interested let me know and I'll start up a RP thread. 

@@MidnightMadness1,@@10InTheTardis,

Hey guys, I was originally planning to do this RP by pairing people up, but with this few of people it would make the most sense to do a few 1x1s with this thread as the OOC for all of them.

Basically your oc would do a cultural exchange with one of my ocs, if you guys are still interested let me know and I'll start up a RP thread. 

Yeah, I'd be fine with that.

@@10InTheTardis,

All right, I'll start writing up your introductory post.  

@@10InTheTardis

Alright, your RP thread has started, I know it says Spoiler but that is only because it wouldn't allow me to set it to Private and I didn't want it to be open.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/141829-a-cultural-exchange-1x1-with-10inthetardis/?p=4209349

Uhm... hiya.

I was wondering if I might be able to participate in this particular endeavor, which I must say sounds quite intriguing.

If the answer is 'yes', I present my character for your perusal: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dax-blackwater-r8460

If the answer is 'no', then I will still thank you for your time, and wish the other players the best of luck!