Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc A Cultural Exchange

Illiad Easle

Oh, ignore the badge; we're ALL Bronies here.  };>

Yes, I am interested!  And thank you - I'm always pleased when other folks enjoy what I do!  (Hope he gave you plenty of food for thought!)

@@Randimaxis,

Alright then, your RP thread is here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/142290-a-cultural-exchange-1x1-with-randimaxis/

I didn't read too much of your backstory so I could keep the interactions authentic, this way my character won't know anything he shouldn't.

I look  forward to seeing how this plays out. 

@@Randimaxis,

The best order of events in my mind is to have Illiad visit Dax first before the trip to Troy. Whenever you're ready to let the exchange begin let me know here.

No rush, I am perfectly content to exchange letters for as long as you want, this is the most active of the three so far.

Edited by Illiad Easle
  • Brohoof 1

I hope I'm being entertaining, at least.  And, to be certain, I am having a blast!

By the way, if Illiad feels like trying to research the Blackwater Quarry, I'd be more than happy to tell you what he would discover; let me know if he decides to go that route.

@@Illiad Easle, I hope I'm not pelting you with responses too quickly; I sort of get wrapped up in RPs!

Hopefully, you're enjoying this as much as I am! 

@@Illiad Easle 

I might - but DAX thinks it's small.  *chuckle*  You have to remember - he sees all kinds of emeralds, so his comparison might be a tad skewed.

(But thanks for the heads up; I was not aware of such.)

@@Randimaxis,

As a bit of perspective, the amount of cloud diamond Illiad has is all the cloud diamond that was on the moon.

I am having a bit of trouble envisioning an over-the-wrist hoof, could you describe it?

What I picture is a sort of palm upward gesture, which is rather odd, if that is the case please confirm it. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Illiad Easle

Oh, then I have PLANS for the diamond thing - you'll see.  *wink*

As for the wrist thing, if she were human, she'd be offering her hand palm-down, for you to kiss.  VERY posh. 

@@Randimaxis,

Sorry about the lateness of my last post, I thought I had hit submit but I didn't. It sat in the input box far the last two hours.

But wow, your characters really have a depth to them, I feel like I'm walking on thin ice here just waiting for the whole thing to get called off and me thrown out at the slightest wrongdoing. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Illiad Easle

I have a very basic plan; where it goes is up to you, good sirrah.  An RP should be fluid, yet have a direction to flow in; I bring the characters, YOU point the way.  After the introductions, it'll feel a bit less 'constructed', I promise.

It tickles me pink that you're enjoying this so much, and thank you for the fine compliment; the Blackwaters are... complicated... but you'll figure them out better as we go.

:P  

I didn't expect to see such a well detailed character.

But wow, your characters really have a depth to them

This is one of the best RP's I've been a part of

These comments make me so very happy; thank you for weaving this tapestry of a story with me, my friend.   :adorkable:  

@@10InTheTardis,

Your RP Thread has been officially closed, good luck in your future endeavors. 

I'm sorry for not being active, this just became one of those things I never do for some reason. I wanted to, but for some reason, I just didn't.

This post was also one of those things, I started typing it out, but then didn't post it.

I'm not asking for you to re-open the rp or anything, I'm just apologising for not posting.

@@Illiad Easle 

Okay, so we're taking care of each day as it comes; does this count as day 2?

Plus, is there anything you might like to see?  I'd be more than happy to add it in!

@@Randimaxis,

When Illiad wakes up in the morning it will be day 2 with the Blackwaters.

There are a few things I think could happen,

Positive:

More Interaction with Silver, she seems nice and well thought out.

An actual tour of the quarry, as we really only went to Silver

Stars and perhaps camping out.

Meals, a bit more family interaction in a less formal setting, I realized that outside of tea Illiad didn't eat anything since his breakfast that morning.

Negative:

More Oglevy, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.

Perhaps a conflict with the forepony,

If you hadn't noticed by now I enjoy having my characters endure trials as it makes them a bit more real to me.

Those are my thoughts, I'm trying to plan events for when Dax goes to Troy, hopefully it will be as interesting an experience for you as this has been for me.

• Brohoof 1

@@Illiad Easle

I am SO looking forward to your little plans with Dax... especially the mention of Luna - that'll be fun!

Plus, I kind of have some ideas as to how Dax will be in Troy - free from under his parent's thumb AND in another land?  Oh ho ho ho, this'll be a riot! 

I'm glad you're enjoying it; I'm always thinking I post too long/often, so the one on one is really fun for me.  Thank you for having me, my friend!

@,

Sure! I even have a great character match in mind, though I don't know what universe to place this all in.

Either:

A universe that has an alicorn oc in it, the world is a bit better defined and a framework is in place (Taking place many years after S3 closer.)

Or

A universe without, the world is a bit less defined and set closer to the events of S3 closer.

Take your pick, but I prefer the first option if you don't mind all that much, the alicorn isn't even all that prominent in the story.