Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc A Cultural Exchange

Illiad Easle

@,

It's okay, each exchange is different. Yours is going much like Swift/Midnight in that they were quick to the physical interaction portion. Illiad/Dax stayed in the letter phase longer, but each phase can be as long or as short as you want so long as you have fun doing it. I don't mind if you want to move on to the exchange portion now.

• 2 weeks later...

@@Drago Ryder,

I was saving him for later, but I suppose putting the two alicorn OC's together would be the best pairing.

It will follow the same premise as Selena&Sapphire, so if you have read Five Score it will make a bit more sense but is not required.

If you are satisfied with this pairing I will start up a new RP thread for it.

Also, if you sent Gale I would have immediately paired her with Midnight.

Edited by Illiad Easle

@@Drago Ryder,

I was saving him for later, but I suppose putting the two alicorn OC's together would be the best pairing.

It will follow the same premise as Selena&Sapphire, so if you have read Five Score it will make a bit more sense but is not required.

If you are satisfied with this pairing I will start up a new RP thread for it.

Also, if you sent Gale I would have immediately paired her with Midnight.

Sure. It would make sense that Dawn would be paired up with another alicorn, so I don't mind. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@@Randimaxis,

In order to prevent utter decimation of the value of cloud diamond, as you now would seemingly posses a cube about 10' on each side, which is many times greater than the expected total quantity in the entire planet, I will now explain the more intricate nature of cloud diamond. I didn't see a good way to insert it into the story and I have a bit more liberty to do so here.

Cloud diamond deposits come in various concentrations or purities which can be improved by proper extraction techniques. It is unknown how Cloud diamonds form, but they usually do so in small slivers, once formed they slowly attract all the diamonds in the area to them, including other cloud diamonds. This forms large hunks of deposit surrounded by porous rock from the other diamond shards being dragged to the central cloud diamond with older deposits growing larger over time. When extracted it is quite difficult to separate the cloud diamond from the diamond accumulate and thus many leave it in. The concentration or ratio of cloud diamond to accumulate effects its malleability, to compare Illiad's diamond is 100% pure (Lunar Standard Pure), the diamond Dax found is 60% to 75% pure. Larger deposits generally have pure cores, but also attract more accumulate and thus have lower purity, thus I estimate the cube you posses to be 15 to 20% pure. I would go lower but you have indicated that this deposit is extraordinary, this purity leaves you with 175ish cubic feet of cloud diamond. Still an impressive amount, but not a full 1000 cubic feet.

That rant over we shall continue with the story.

• Brohoof 1

All well and good - my apologies; I have no knowledge when it comes to such things.  

I will be more than happy to work this however would be acceptable to you.

I am intrigued by your offer to accept nearly any OC, you see, I have two, whose strangeness have not allowed them to join other RPs, one due to his humanity and the other for his ...uhm...aesthetic?

straight to the point , I'd like Zurg Pony to participate in this endeavor

post-35969-0-99927400-1448883534_thumb.jpg

He reigns as emperor of a group of stars under his iron fist,

his personality , background, and others, are a mish mash of Darth vader , emperor Zurg, and a few other sci fi villains.

his age is about 24, he is a unicorn that uses magic similar to the force. 
Edited by Vulcan

I'd like Soprano Allegro to join

c37d78d7ec892d00518922ea65c2b959.png

Species: Unicorn

Cutie Mark: Allegro's cuie mark is a pair of scissors. He got it when he decided to become a Soprano.

Personality: Soprano Allegro is vivacious. Despite any circumstance, he is always cheerful.
He becomes slightly annoyed when other ponies assume he is a mare.

Backstory: Allegro was a stunning singer in Celestia's choir. His soft voice was special and valuable. The owner of Canterlot opera feared that his marvelous voice would go to waste if he had become a stallion, so he offered to have him gelded. Allegro agreed, thus becoming a Soprano, a gelding singer.

Edited by Phosphorous

@,

I'm sorry, but your character simply does not fit in the universe I have envisioned or in other words, I have no character to match him with. He is simply too far out there for the purposes of my RP.

May you have better luck in the future, I might have a match for a human though if you want to give me a description of them?

@@Phosphorous,  

To be honest, your character's backstory is certainly... odd. Given the image I can see why he would be mistaken for a mare.

I do think you'll do well here though, certainly an interesting life experience that would give the story some depth. I have a character in mind to pair you with if you are still interested.

• Brohoof 1

@,

I'm sorry, but your character simply does not fit in the universe I have envisioned or in other words, I have no character to match him with. He is simply too far out there for the purposes of my RP.

May you have better luck in the future, I might have a match for a human though if you want to give me a description of them?

@@Phosphorous,  

To be honest, your character's backstory is certainly... odd. Given the image I can see why he would be mistaken for a mare.

I do think you'll do well here though, certainly an interesting life experience that would give the story some depth. I have a character in mind to pair you with if you are still interested.

I'm interested!  :pinkie: This will be great.

@,

@@Phosphorous,

I thank you for your response and i completely understand . Zurg is better suited for forum games XD . Now then , I still very interested in joining this RP and though I have a few Ocs better suited for the position . I am wondering if you would let me RP as a ponified Earth pony Cecil living in a nightvalian style pony village. If you're not familiar with the show,night vale is a strange town where paranormal and strange events occur daily however the populace does not seem to be the least bit interested or terrified.

Though if that too is a bit too out there my OC maple berry might work as well , she is an assistant/apprentice to a kind old toy maker that has a habit of using his Magic to create living toys. She herself is one of his creations. She is a Unicorn with an estimated age of 21 .the village she lives in is a maker's town . Filled with ponies that have the desire to "create" .

Edited by Vulcan

Cecil Hoofer is a purple unicorn with blonde hair , he sports a tie and glasses with runic tattoos on his arm.

tumblr_msjrc3dOlj1rulg6vo1_1280.png

Nightvalian is a reference to Nightvale , the podcast. Nightvale is a town where "All conspiracies are real" and it's inhabitants are completely indifferent. 

Changelings sap love on a regular basis, earth ponies grow wings, hooded figures walk through the city streets, yet noone is amazed or terrified. to them, it is just a "thing" that happens.

@@Illiad Easle,

I'm not too familiar with the Equestrian map (or it's lore), but given Nightvale's Desert town aesthetic , I'd place it somewhere near appleoosa, perhaps that strange plot of land without a name , between the Mild west and Dream valley.

I dub it...the Equestrian Triangle XP

And thank you for accepting ^ ^ 

Edited by Vulcan

@,

The spot you've chosen lands you in the midst of the Trojan Empire, but that just adds to the overall mystery of the place as Troy has no interest in having any governmental control, instead granting the town its own independence.

Here is your RP link, I hope you enjoy.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/144816-a-cultural-exchange-1x1-with-vulcan/ 

@@VinylWubs,

Your character certainly has an interesting backstory, I have an idea for a character in mind if you are still interested.

Yes, this thing is still running.

Sure, what's the scoop?

And yay!

@@VinylWubs,

Glen Conagher is a young adult doe, her father was called away to work for Luna before her village was attacked and she was forced to flee to Equestria for safety. She spent the past few years searching for her father before Luna revealed that he had gone missing, presumed dead. Glen eventually moved to Deltrot Troy where she stays when not searching the desert for her father's remains.

If you're still interested I'll start the thread.

@@VinylWubs,

Glen Conagher is a young adult doe, her father was called away to work for Luna before her village was attacked and she was forced to flee to Equestria for safety. She spent the past few years searching for her father before Luna revealed that he had gone missing, presumed dead. Glen eventually moved to Deltrot Troy where she stays when not searching the desert for her father's remains.

If you're still interested I'll start the thread.

Okay, cool. I'm liking the idea.

And I'm interested.