Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things in the brony fandom that makes no sense

cider float

What confuses me is that I could have sworn a topic with this exact title and question existed not too long ago... Or am I just going crazy? O.O I saw the title and looked over at the date it was created and it said today and that threw me for quite a loop...

Here is a pretty broad thing that I don't understand. Why did we even watch MLP to see that it is good?

Well after the review by someone calling the show a blatant attempt to sell toys, a couple guys from 4 Chan wanted to watch the show in order to make fun of it but instead liked it, thus giving it a lot of attention.

Why Mauxie(Maud x Trixie) is even a thing

Even worse, why Sonic x Rainbow Dash and especially Spiderman x Twilight is a thing

The only thing out of those 3 I see is the Sonic and Rainbow.. Why? Because they both go fest.. :lol:

Also her signature move IS the sonic rainboom..

Edited by AURAequine

Why do people enjoy gore stories so much? And its gore for the sake of gore.

I understand some people may hate certain characters, but torturing and killing them goes too far. Rainbow Dash is probably on the bottom of my list, but I would never want to see her killed the way she was in Cupcakes.

• Brohoof 3

Why do so much bronies think "My Little Pony Tales" is part of Generation 2?

Because G2 had next to nothing released for it

One answer, Nth, but not completely. Even though Tales is G1, it feels like a completely different universe compared to the rest of G1. The tone of the stories and characters is more serious and mean. The art style also feels very different because the colors are muted and characters are set in a more "real" environment compared to the fantasy setting prior. It's G1, but doesn't feel connected to the rest of the generation. That's why sometimes Tales is referred to as G1.5.

Yeah, buck Spike right? it's a joke

Only recurring male pony character.

My suspicion is that most shippers don't want to concern themselves with interspecies complexities-- not that it stops them from fantasizing about equines for some bizarre reason all the while.

Only recurring male pony character.

My suspicion is that most shippers don't want to concern themselves with interspecies complexities-- not that it stops them from fantasizing about equines for some bizarre reason all the while.

Plus, you know, he's a child (Rarity/Twilight/Applejack x Spike shippers are very creepy...)

Edited by PixyPony

One thing that confuses me is the common depiction of Luna as a gamer... I have no idea where that one came from.

I assumed it was because Celestia literally has a picture of the sun emblazoned upon her ass. (Actually her hip, I think, but close enough) :lol:

I'd link Gamer luna with a small ponfied Youtube series called "Two best sisters play..." It's a ponified version of two best friends play.

Why do we call Flash Sentry "Brad"?

Why did people ponify the sirens when they are actually sirens?

Why is Big Mac shipped with literally every pony?

I think we call him Brad because he's a bland boring mofo, brad is sort of bland and boring? *shrugs*

The only thing that's really confused me about the fandom can be summed up with a joker quote, Why so serious? Our fandom is sort of associated with having hissy fit's and over reacting to things in the show, Twilight becoming an alicorn is probably the best known time the fandom kicked into over drama.

Edited by Dxnill

Think a lot of things start on tumblr and other websites, but mostly tumblr of people with some what of a following, and even the r-34 ones, also conventions.

Waifus. Lonely men, I suppose?

Why do people enjoy gore stories so much? And its gore for the sake of gore.

I understand some people may hate certain characters, but torturing and killing them goes too far. Rainbow Dash is probably on the bottom of my list, but I would never want to see her killed the way she was in Cupcakes.

Cupcakes is a creepypasta, a grimdark/horror story that circulates on the Internet in a manner similar to how scary stories are shared over a campfire. The whole "Pinkamena" thing originated from Season 1, Episode 25: Party of One, where Pinkie Pie essentially goes crazy. As usual, the Internet took this and made it bigger than it originally was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T22wxk1DSJY

The story itself is meant to parody shipfics that start out similar to Cupcakes.

People like gore because it has become a part of media culture. Violent imagery is common and overuse of this has lead people to become desensitized, so people seek out increasingly more violent material. The high levels of gore in Cupcakes is meant to shock.

Edited by ATGG

Why do so much bronies think "My Little Pony Tales" is part of Generation 2?

Because G2 had next to no media tie-ins and bronies on average know almost nothing about the toys. I remember being at a convention and showing someone a picture of a G2 just to show them what they looked like. Although I myself had no idea what a G2 looked like until I started being around collectors, so they get a pass.

You know, based on the subject matter, I expected this to have more posts than it does.

I never got the whole 'factions' thing (NLR, Solar Empire, etc.).  You have a character you like, you're not picking sides in a war.

It always baffled me that brony music became a thing that exists.

I have no idea why it's almost compulsory for people in this fandom to make an OC, and why people talk about them so much

Finally, I think it's hilarious whenever people say Funkos are quality merchandise.  There's a difference between having the figure look more closely to the character in the show and actual build quality.  Funko's quality sucks so hard that I always pick mine out in person to get the one with the least flaws. But really, what can you expect at that price point for a product for a niche audience?

Why do people put up all of these Mouthpiece pictures:

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.png

Do their Opinions hold so little value, that they have to give cartoon characters their voice, to make them more legit?

I mean, if it's a mouthpiece that was made for the laughs it's okay. But these are useless. Better learn to speak on your own.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really care about too many things about the Bronydom, but if you're looking for a fandom to have sense in it, then you should never expect this one to have any. The Bronydom is strange as it is, so I'd say you should stop taking all of these silly things so seriously. ;)

• Brohoof 2

There's a lot of stuff in this fandom that makes no sense whatsoever, for example, the amount of non-straight shippings such as Twilight X Applejack or even Apple Bloom X Diamond Tiara. But there's so much to it that I can't even go through everything.

• Brohoof 2

I don't get how Button Mash became such a popular character. Kid had like 2 seconds of screen time.

Because of an adorable YouTube series about him that got C&D'd.