Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is your favorite Main Villain?  

490 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite Main Villain?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Chrysalis
    • King Sombra
    • Nightmare Rarity
    • Tirek
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • The Dazzlings
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Principal Cinch
    • Midnight Sparkle
    • Gaia Everfree (Gloriosa)
    • Juniper Montage
    • The Storm King
    • Tempest Shadow
    • The Pony of Shadows/Stygian
    • Cozy Glow
    • Wallflower Blush
    • Vignette Valencia
  2. 2. Who is/are your favorite lower level antagonists?

• Trixie
    • Gilda
    • Flim/Flam
    • Diamond Dogs
    • Diamond Tiara/Silver Spoon
    • Ahuizotl
    • Lightning Dust
    • Other (please specify with a comment )
    • Suri Polomare
    • The Mane-iac
    • Chancellor Neighsay

Don't make me choose. You might not like what you find.

Discord, although Chrysalis could usurp him if she returns in the third season with an expanded role. Of course, Discord is more likely to return given John de Lancie's comments, so he could just as easily solidify the top spot.

Night Mare Moon was effectively a stock villain meant to introduce the show. She had a role and she performed it well, but she can't hold a candle to either Discord or Chrysalis.

Discord was a great villain, although you should put the Flim-Flam Brothers on the list also.

The reason I didn't include the Flim-Flam Brothers is because they aren't evil, just shoddy businessmen. Taking over Sweet Apple Acres after a bet that the former owners lost doesn't hold a candle to what the other three did.

Except break out of stone. (Oh yeah I went there XD)

Technically..he did break out of stone. :)

I think Discord and Chrysalis would be an adorably evil couple.

But if i have to choose, Discord.

She can't have him! :angry:

DISCORD HANDS DOWN. He's just added a little bit more to the show. He seems like a great guy, even though he spread chaos through Equestria. >_>

DISCORD CAN DANCE.

Posted Image

I rather have Princess Luna over Nightmare Moon any day too.

Posted Image

It's hard for me to choose, because I like all of them.

Discord doesn't really strike me as a villain. He is more of a force of nature. He doesn't mean harm; it is just his nature. His very being is chaos and mischief.

Nightmare Moon is awesome. However, she is just Luna throwing a tantrum. I don't think she would actually harm anypony, just take over and turn the world upside down. She just wants to be loved and appreciated. I'm not sure if she just lost control of her magic because her emotions took over, or if she became possessed by something else.

Queen Chrysalis is the darkest of the villains so far. She wants to feed Ponykind to her children. She is a true threat to lives, not just society. It is also the first time it seemed like Equestria was at war.

I had to vote for Chrysalis.

• Brohoof 1

Used to be Discord but with the appearance of Queen Chrysalis (Who I'm not convinced this is the last time we'll see of her) I like her best. She just has a way cooler design than either Discord or Nightmare Moon imo and even though Discord has funny and random on his side I just love the badassness of Queen Chrysalis.

• Brohoof 1

Posted ImageI personally did not love Chrysalis as much as Nightmare moon or Discord.

My favorite is Discord, mainly because of his motives, and rather swag was of talking.

I'll go with Nightmare Moon just because of the eternal night thing, chrysalis was close though. Sure Discord has reality bending abilities bu he didn't seem evil per se.

Discord. While Chrysalis was amazing, I think hoofs-down Discord wins. While Chrysalis plotted to get where she did, Discord managed to change Ponyville's landscape, alter gravity, transform things, make it rain chocolate milk, all with seemingly little effort, like it was nothing for him. There's just something badflank about that.He also had much more character than Chrysalis due to the fact that in both episodes he was in, he acted as himself, while Chrysalis acted as Princess Cadence for the first half of the season 2 finale.

Now, have an army of changelings led by Discord riding on Chrysalis' back, and they'll both be on equal levels of awesome.

Nightmare Moon, meh. Good villain, but she's got a lot to go up against.

• Brohoof 1

The problem with Discord is that he will probably make all the same mistakes just for the sake of fun. He may have god-like powers, but he doesn't know how to use them. I do like Discord, but he just doesn't seem like a villain

It has to be Chrysalis. She is more serious. The only reason she lost was because of the power of love, which was helping her in the first place. Not to mention she is quite attractive...don't judge me. Also, she has an entire army of changelings which, if used right, could easily take over Equestria. Basically, it really does come down to who you think is a better character. If Discord was serious, he would win in an instance. But he is the spirt of disharmony, so thats never going to happen. So my fav. villain is the queen of the changelings, Queen Chrysalis.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, every villain has their own special place in my heart.

Nightmare Moon is one of my favorites because she was physically changed by what appeared to be an outside source of evil, thus making her a more dramatic villain than the others.

Discord because his randomness and powers are just too awesome to ignore. I mean who wouldn't want the laws of reality to not apply to them?

Queen Chrysalis because her powers are awesome too, and her appearance appeals to the sick and twisted part of mind. And she is also voiced by the same VA who voiced (The Great and Powerful) Trixie.

• Brohoof 1

Discord, tots! He brought out the best in the show and the characters. The first two episodes of season two had sooooooooo many epic quotes! Edited by Crystal Sparkle

I totally have to say Discord! While he may not be a true villain, he just had this aura of undeniable swag that said "Hey, I could take over the world with a snap of my fingers...but I'll just screw with you for the hell of it." I can't deny that Queen Chrysalis was pretty awesome though. Even though I hated that she just wanted to take Shining Armor so Cadence couldn't have him, even though she didn't love him, I can't deny that her motives to feed her people were justified.

Chrysalis, by far. She's the only villain who is actually evil. 

NMM was driven by jealousy. As queen of the night, it is understandable that she felt jealous when most people largely ignored or even disliked the night, while the reveled in the day. It is even possible that when she turned into NMM, it was more a plea for attention than actual devious revenge plotting. She wasn't really trying to destroy anything or ruin anyone's lives (except maybe Celestia's), she was merely forcing them all to acknowledge the night and her as it's ruler. But obviously, a world in eternal night won't last long. Plants would die, crops would fail, everyone would starve and the land would be barren. 

I see her as more of a villain who did bad things for (sort of) good reasons. I'm not saying envy is a good reason, but it's not really an evil one. 

Discord, as has been said before, isn't really evil either. He's simply a chaotic being with immense power who suffers from chronic boredom. Everything he does is for amusement. He didn't even do anything really bad, all he did was alter reality in ways that normal, non-chaotic beings couldn't cope with, which is why he had to be defeated. 

He's arguably less villainous than NMM; nothing he did was bad, not from his point of view. NMM, as a pony, would've known the effect eternal night would have on ponies. Discord, on the other hand, was a higher being who saw the ponies as things to be played with. He didn't hurt anyone, nor did he seem to have the intention to do anything that could cause real harm. 

But Chrysalis... Her entire goal was to bring her army and invade Equestria so that the changelings could feed off of the love. She is the only villain who's aims involve direct harm to anyone. 

However, it did seem that her intentions were to create better lives for her people, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. However, when the only way you can prosper is by feeding off of others emotions, trying to increase the amount of "food" available is a bad thing. She didn't seem to had any remorse about it, either, so I think we can safely say that she was driven more by a lust for power than by wanting to help her people. That was just a bonus. Happy subjects = strong support for leader. This is assuming that the changelings aren't a hivemind and can think on their own. 

So, long story short, Chrysalis is the only really evil one. 

Also, Discord may be able to dance, but Chrysalis can sing :)

I can't deny that Queen Chrysalis was pretty awesome though. Even though I hated that she just wanted to take Shining Armor so Cadence couldn't have him, even though she didn't love him, I can't deny that her motives to feed her people were justified.

She took him to weaken him so her army could break through his shield spell. It wasn't out of spite for cadence or anything, she simply saw him as both a strong source of food and the way to bring down the majority of Cabterlot's defenses.

• Brohoof 2

^ Everything Evilshy Liege of Chrysalis + the fact that Chrysalis clearly enjoyed doing it. If she had been shown to only do the evil deeds because she needed to, for the sake of her hungry subjects, I'd feel sorry for her. Instead, she clearly had fun at the thought of destroyng Equestria, breaking up Cadance and Shinig Armor etc

Oh, and she was planning to keep Cadance and Twilight trapped in a dark cave with no food or water, EVIL.

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

First of all, I agree with everything Evilshy said. I am indeed more of a Chaotic neutral character, not a villain. I never harmed a single pony, I just trolled and toyed with them. Somewhat similar to Mr. Mxyzptlk, a villain from the Super-Man universe. He too was a divine being who enjoyed toying and trolling lower mortals with random powers.

That said, for the sake of the poll, I still go with myself~ Then Chrysalis and NNM.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~