Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mario Strikers Thread Poll  

8 users have voted

1. 1. Which game(s) of the series have you played so far?

• Super Mario Strikers (Mario Smash Football [EU/AU])
    • Mario Strikers Charged (Mario Strikers Charged Football [EU/AU])
  2. 2. How badly are you waiting for the next installment of the Mario Strikers game series?

• So darn badly!
    • I would like to get it, but not as badly.
    • Meh, I'll see.
    • I don't really care that much.
    • I don't care at all.

Welcome one and all to the MLP Forums Thread for the fun Mario Strikers sports game spin-off series!  :pinkie:

I cannot stress out how much I love this Mario Sports game spin-off series, that I am actually doing a Let's Play series on YouTube on the first game of the series, Super Mario Strikers [Mario Smash Football in PAL] (the only one I know of so far that is in 16:9 (widescreen) and in silky-smooth 60 FPS (frames per second)).

Here is the most recent episode as of today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-9vp4MKoy8

I am very grateful to Next Level Games (the Canadian developer behind the Mario Strikers series) for starting it all off, and I honestly cannot wait for them to finally release the next entry to the series (after Mario Strikers Charged [Football (in PAL)]). I have no clue if they will make it for the Wii U or even the NX. But only time will tell, right? :)

On this thread, you can share how much you love or hate the series, etc. Go crazy.  :D Just try to stay on topic please.  :rarity:

When it comes to general captains, I love using Yoshi. He's my main for a lot of Mario game spin-offs (not the Super Smash Bros. games though).

For sidekicks, in SMS (Super Mario Strikers), Hammer Bros. MSC (Mario Strikers Charged): Dry Bones, Koopa and Hammer Bro. (subject to change, because of how useful all sidekicks in MSC are!)

post-29975-0-00459900-1447029917_thumb.jpg post-29975-0-65970400-1447029902_thumb.jpg

post-29975-0-61162100-1447029905_thumb.jpg post-29975-0-33307900-1447029909_thumb.png

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

I rather liked the one for the gamecube which is the only one I remember owning.

I think I may of rented Strikers Charged and I liked it as well.

The games are fun, but I don't think I really need to buy another one.

• Brohoof 1

I rather liked the one for the gamecube which is the only one I remember owning.

I think I may of rented Strikers Charged and I liked it as well.

The games are fun, but I don't think I really need to buy another one.

Well, I honestly think the series needs an update on either Wii U or NX. NLG (Next Level Games) blew out their chances on celebrating the series' 10th anniversary this year (at least I did not see any social media posts of them acknowledging that notion).

I love Strikers Charged! It's the only one I've played, and I love it! They could easily have just created a boring old football game and called it a day; Mario fans would still buy it. But they added so much more than that and made Mario Strikers a unique kind of football game series! I really love Strikers Charged, and I'm sure I'd love the first game, too. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I love Strikers Charged! It's the only one I've played, and I love it! They could easily have just created a boring old football game and called it a day; Mario fans would still buy it. But they added so much more than that and made Mario Strikers a unique kind of football game series! I really love Strikers Charged, and I'm sure I'd love the first game, too. :squee:

The first one feels a lot more like actual football (soccer), however the captains still have their special shooting ability known is a Super Strike (while in Charged, it's the Mega Strike). Sidekicks in the first one can also still charge up their shot, but no special abilities like in Charged.

I still love both of them. I'd love NLG (Next Level Games) to make the next installment (if it will ever be made) to have a balance between the first and the second games of the series, because I felt as if Charged lost a bit of the "real-life football (soccer)" feel than the first one had. That's just my two-cents on it though.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...