Mario Strikers Thread Poll  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which game(s) of the series have you played so far?

• Super Mario Strikers (Mario Smash Football [EU/AU])
    • Mario Strikers Charged (Mario Strikers Charged Football [EU/AU])
  2. 2. How badly are you waiting for the next installment of the Mario Strikers game series?

• So darn badly!
    • I would like to get it, but not as badly.
    • Meh, I'll see.
    • I don't really care that much.
    • I don't care at all.

(edited)

Welcome one and all to the MLP Forums Thread for the fun Mario Strikers sports game spin-off series!  :pinkie:

I cannot stress out how much I love this Mario Sports game spin-off series, that I am actually doing a Let's Play series on YouTube on the first game of the series, Super Mario Strikers [Mario Smash Football in PAL] (the only one I know of so far that is in 16:9 (widescreen) and in silky-smooth 60 FPS (frames per second)).

Here is the most recent episode as of today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-9vp4MKoy8

I am very grateful to Next Level Games (the Canadian developer behind the Mario Strikers series) for starting it all off, and I honestly cannot wait for them to finally release the next entry to the series (after Mario Strikers Charged [Football (in PAL)]). I have no clue if they will make it for the Wii U or even the NX. But only time will tell, right? :)

On this thread, you can share how much you love or hate the series, etc. Go crazy.  :D Just try to stay on topic please.  :rarity:

When it comes to general captains, I love using Yoshi. He's my main for a lot of Mario game spin-offs (not the Super Smash Bros. games though).

For sidekicks, in SMS (Super Mario Strikers), Hammer Bros. MSC (Mario Strikers Charged): Dry Bones, Koopa and Hammer Bro. (subject to change, because of how useful all sidekicks in MSC are!)

post-29975-0-00459900-1447029917_thumb.jpg post-29975-0-65970400-1447029902_thumb.jpg

post-29975-0-61162100-1447029905_thumb.jpg post-29975-0-33307900-1447029909_thumb.png

Edited by Jonny Music

Badges

I rather liked the one for the gamecube which is the only one I remember owning.

I think I may of rented Strikers Charged and I liked it as well.

The games are fun, but I don't think I really need to buy another one.

I rather liked the one for the gamecube which is the only one I remember owning.

I think I may of rented Strikers Charged and I liked it as well.

The games are fun, but I don't think I really need to buy another one.

Well, I honestly think the series needs an update on either Wii U or NX. NLG (Next Level Games) blew out their chances on celebrating the series' 10th anniversary this year (at least I did not see any social media posts of them acknowledging that notion).

Badges

(edited)

I've only played Charged.

It's awesome, it's surprisingly dark and edgy, and Peach and Daisy are hot and non-kidnapped.

Edited by A.V.

I love Strikers Charged! It's the only one I've played, and I love it! They could easily have just created a boring old football game and called it a day; Mario fans would still buy it. But they added so much more than that and made Mario Strikers a unique kind of football game series! I really love Strikers Charged, and I'm sure I'd love the first game, too. :squee:

I love Strikers Charged! It's the only one I've played, and I love it! They could easily have just created a boring old football game and called it a day; Mario fans would still buy it. But they added so much more than that and made Mario Strikers a unique kind of football game series! I really love Strikers Charged, and I'm sure I'd love the first game, too. :squee:

The first one feels a lot more like actual football (soccer), however the captains still have their special shooting ability known is a Super Strike (while in Charged, it's the Mega Strike). Sidekicks in the first one can also still charge up their shot, but no special abilities like in Charged.

I still love both of them. I'd love NLG (Next Level Games) to make the next installment (if it will ever be made) to have a balance between the first and the second games of the series, because I felt as if Charged lost a bit of the "real-life football (soccer)" feel than the first one had. That's just my two-cents on it though.

Badges

I remember playing the SMS on Gamecube, it was a lot of fun! Been a while.

Badges

I really like the artstyle in charged. It makes the Mario Universe a little darker, with everything still being reconizable. Kinda like mlp has been these days...

(edited)

Here is the 12th Episode:

13th:

14th:

15 (latest one):

Edited by Jonny Music

Badges

Here is my opinion on why I like the Mario Strikers series more than the FIFA and PES franchises:

Badges