Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching After Destiny [OOC]

Chaton

As the only one who knows how to control the ship, having been with it for millions of years, I could be in control of the weapons, along side managing and allocating power to the both ship and shields, along with the targeting and scanning systems. Space battles won't be too complex with a Hyper advance and ancient AI behind the helm.

As the only one who knows how to control the ship, having been with it for millions of years, I could be in control of the weapons, along side managing and allocating power to the both ship and shields, along with the targeting and scanning systems. Space battles won't be too complex with a Hyper advance and ancient AI behind the helm.

Would you already be on the ship?

Everything I planned is a lie, everything I know is wrong. WHAT IS THIS!

• Brohoof 1

Would you already be on the ship?

Everything I planned is a lie, everything I know is wrong. WHAT IS THIS!

Well I did say in my character bio that he was made during "His civilisation" and that he had been alone on the ship for a very long time. Figured it would work this way to give every some context to the ship and a way for you to know what living ancient tech was like. Plus, someone needs to know how to maintain the life support systems, the water filtration, food production and fuel management, along with defences, navigation, air filtration, cryogenics, security procedures and offensive features of the ship. How else would it have survived untouched for such a long time? Edited by Child Of Darkness

Well I did say in my character bio that he was made during "His civilisation" and that he had been alone on the ship for a very long time. Figured it would work this way to give every some context to the ship and a way for you to know what living ancient tech was like. Plus, someone needs to know how to maintain the life support systems, the water filtration, food production and fuel management, along with defences, navigation, air filtration, cryogenics, security procedures and offensive features of the ship. How else would it have survived untouched for such a long time?

Destiny was an unmanned mission. It was operated by a single AI in the mainframe and survived for so long due to the fact that it spent little time out of FTL, and when it wasn't in FTL it's shields were strong enough to hold any attack off. It also wouldn't use any sort of life support as it was an unmanned mission.

Though, your idea of using Spectre as a almost physical manifestation of the AI would actually be more interesting.

Also, the only supplies we'd have would be the stuff we brought with us, and the only oxygen on board would be the oxygen that was there when the ship first departed. There is no inbuilt food production, and no real form of fuel. The ship recharged by literally "taking a dip" inside a star.

Though I'm still not sure how to implement that. Nothing would make any sense if we had something that could tell us everything about the ship. I don't see how this would work.

Also, the race that built the ship is the same race that built the stargates and created the foundations of most alien technology. Some of the crew would be scientists with knowledge about that kind of technology due to the fact that they had been working with it for years beforehand.

Nice to see I can finally apply now (again), however I gonna change my OC to Alexandrite her link is in my Sig. My guess as to her being there would be under instructions from Luna as one of the guards there for well any possible hostile actions from anything out of the gate. She is not a high ranking member of the night guard so she will be a lucky survivor from the attack, her vampirism is at your discretion. But otherwise I look forward to this RP, if I am accepted.

Destiny was an unmanned mission. It was operated by a single AI in the mainframe and survived for so long due to the fact that it spent little time out of FTL, and when it wasn't in FTL it's shields were strong enough to hold any attack off. It also wouldn't use any sort of life support as it was an unmanned mission.

Though, your idea of using Spectre as a almost physical manifestation of the AI would actually be more interesting.

Also, the only supplies we'd have would be the stuff we brought with us, and the only oxygen on board would be the oxygen that was there when the ship first departed. There is no inbuilt food production, and no real form of fuel. The ship recharged by literally "taking a dip" inside a star.

Though I'm still not sure how to implement that. Nothing would make any sense if we had something that could tell us everything about the ship. I don't see how this would work.

Also, the race that built the ship is the same race that built the stargates and created the foundations of most alien technology. Some of the crew would be scientists with knowledge about that kind of technology due to the fact that they had been working with it for years beforehand.

And this is the part in which the knowledge barrier comes into play. I didn't know that, but now I do.

My point about my character living on the ship since it was launched is still one I stand by, an AI was needed to keep the ship alive, and extended living times on a designated unmanned ship would be extremely difficult without some assistance and preexisting knowledge for said main characters of this RP. Thought to compensate, I could make it so that data files regarding anything beyond basic ship maintenance and information regarding all tech could have become corrupted due to age, making the experience much more of a challenge and discovering everything would take more time and be more difficult.

I would like to keep the role I set out to full as a way for the characters to connect with the tech and survive on the ship, but it would mean that I would have to change my characters back story to fit the new information that I didn't previously understand.

Or do you want me to scrap my original idea and make it so that my character boards Destiny with the main group of characters? Either way I want to retain the concept of him being created by the race which created Stargate tech.

Edited by Child Of Darkness

And this is the part in which the knowledge barrier comes into play. I didn't know that, but now I do.

My point about my character living on the ship since it was launched is still one I stand by, an AI was needed to keep the ship alive, and extended living times on a designated unmanned ship would be extremely difficult without some assistance and preexisting knowledge for said main characters of this RP.

I would like to keep the role I set out to full as a way for the characters to connect with the tech and survive on the ship, but it would mean that I would have to change my characters back story to fit the new information that I didn't previously understand.

Or do you want me to scrap my original idea and make it so that my character boards Destiny with the main group of characters? Either way I want to retain the concept of him being created by the race which created Stargate tech.

Being part of the same race would be fine, but being on the ship from the start would be, off. Maybe Specter was a product of the more relatively recent "Ancient" technology. Specter would understand the basics of the ship works, more than the crew, but because the ship is so old the information wouldn't be present.

Being part of the same race would be fine, but being on the ship from the start would be, off. Maybe Specter was a product of the more relatively recent "Ancient" technology. Specter would understand the basics of the ship works, more than the crew, but because the ship is so old the information wouldn't be present.

Very well. I'll make it so that Specter does not start on the ship and his knowledge beyond anything basic, both on Stargate tech and ship functionality will be restricted due to corruption in his database as well as the ships main database. Sound good?

Edited by Child Of Darkness

Very well. I'll make it so that Specter does not start on the ship and his knowledge beyond anything basic, both on Stargate tech and ship functionality will be restricted due to corruption in his database as well as the ships main database. Sound good?

I was thinking that Specter would have been made around the time of the Stargates. Extra knowledge on how the gates work would help the rp.

Yes, you're in!

Wouldn't it be funny if Hotshot Snow heard stories from his ancestors about time travelling red pony

And then he ends up trapped in another universe with one fitting the description :o

Nice to see I can finally apply now (again), however I gonna change my OC to Alexandrite her link is in my Sig. My guess as to her being there would be under instructions from Luna as one of the guards there for well any possible hostile actions from anything out of the gate. She is not a high ranking member of the night guard so she will be a lucky survivor from the attack, her vampirism is at your discretion. But otherwise I look forward to this RP, if I am accepted.

If you ditch the vampire, sure!

• Brohoof 2

Very interesting concept :) I know very little about the Stargate universe, but I'm intrigued to learn more for sure.

The OC I'd be using for this RP is Amber Hearthstone

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/amber-hearthstone-r9077

if any changes are needed for the character to better fit the universe, then just say :D

Edited by 1Bit

Very interesting concept :) I know very little about the Stargate universe, but I'm intrigued to learn more for sure.

The OC I'd be using for this RP is Amber Hearthstone

https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/amber-hearthstone-r9077

if any changes are needed for the character to better fit the universe, then just say :D

Is, is she designed for this rp alone?

Is, is she designed for this rp alone?

All I altered was a few details about her really. Things like her station being near to the Stargate and things like that :P But she's been a character of mine for a while on paper, just never got to use her

All I altered was a few details about her really. Things like her station being near to the Stargate and things like that :P But she's been a character of mine for a while on paper, just never got to use her

You didn't have to modify your character there, but I appreciate the effort! You're in!

Once we get enough people I'll have to figure out how to explain the basics of stargate. I might make a video or something.

• Brohoof 1

I think we're about ready to start. I've mentioned you all here to check that you still wish to continue, and to see when we should all start. The RP is open for one more person at the moment. We'll choose our roles once we get on the ship, with the exception of the leader. Someone is going to have to take charge once we're stranded and it will most likely be the highest "rank" pony before we leave.

• Brohoof 3

I think we're about ready to start. I've mentioned you all here to check that you still wish to continue, and to see when we should all start. The RP is open for one more person at the moment. We'll choose our roles once we get on the ship, with the exception of the leader. Someone is going to have to take charge once we're stranded and it will most likely be the highest "rank" pony before we leave.

Yep, I'm still good to go. I'm not involved in any other RP's currently, so I'm happy starting whenever everyone else is. :D

Yep, I'm still good to go. I'm not involved in any other RP's currently, so I'm happy starting whenever everyone else is. :D

Noice. I'll get a quick Stargate "brief" before we get started. Or, I could present it inside the rp as a presentation before we get attacked :D

@,

I am also ready however I'm now no longer using Alex ATM so can I swap to Sapphire, her OC is quite similar really (that's why Alex has been retired and I like Sapphire more) if that is ok. 

@,

I am also ready however I'm now no longer using Alex ATM so can I swap to Sapphire, her OC is quite similar really (that's why Alex has been retired and I like Sapphire more) if that is ok. 

Seems legit. I've changed the record :D

Just as a note to all, if any if you want you can enter a second random OC for when we get attacked. Only your main OC will make it through the gate however, and the status of the second will be unknown.

I'm still good to go too :D

I knew I could count on you :3

Also, that profile image XD

To get you all started with some basic Stargate knowledge, I have two videos that you need to know about. Anything after this will most likely be optional information that can help, but these two videos are important to know.

• Brohoof 2

@,

I agree that Profile Image is great :D

anyway if you guys start with say the next 4-7 hours i'll be a work but I'll be ready to go when I get home. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

I agree that Profile Image is great :D

anyway if you guys start with say the next 4-7 hours i'll be a work but I'll be ready to go when I get home. 

I'm going to bed right now, but I'll get the rp started in the morning once I wake up. So the rp will most likely be up in around 9-11 hours.

But first, we need to decide on a leader/captain. If you all could read each others OC's descriptions and chose who you would like as a captain, that'd be great. I'll start the rp tomorrow as soon as I confirm that the majority of people are ready.

• Brohoof 2