Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching After Destiny [OOC]

Chaton

Funny how that's the way it works in the Halo universe (or should I say Haylo?)

Haylo.

It's not the way in the Stargate universe, but who cares!

We've got our own little universe here!

Which includes AES.

• Brohoof 1

Haylo.

It's not the way in the Stargate universe, but who cares!

We've got our own little universe here!

Which includes AES.

Finally, someone who speaks my language! In fact, at Icarus Base, we were using AES-512 (which was developed by Scarlett, whose mind is second to none!) for high-security files and AES-256 for the rest. Iris scanners were used for the highest security clearance (I assume Scarlett has used them many a time), and fingerprint scanners for the rest of those present.

Finally, someone who speaks my language! In fact, at Icarus Base, we were using AES-512 (which was developed by Scarlett, whose mind is second to none!) for high-security files and AES-256 for the rest. Iris scanners were used for the highest security clearance (I assume Scarlett has used them many a time), and fingerprint scanners for the rest of those present.

A very nice idea about encryption, but I meant AES as in the rp I was with Cob, Child and Aqua in.

Though do elaborate :3

• Brohoof 1

A very nice idea about encryption, but I meant AES as in the rp I was with Cob, Child and Aqua in.

Though do elaborate :3

Well, after so many years using AES-256, hackers had finally found a way to crack it easily, so everyone was looking for a new alternative. Scarlett naturally stepped up and developed a new version of the AES protocol, which was, contrary to popular belief, 4 times harder to crack (instead of 2). It was named AES-512, and it has NEVER been cracked by anyone, not even me! (I tried cracking it as a grey hat experiment, to make sure that its capabilities were, indeed, 4 times better; I then wrote an article with my findings, confirming your success) AES-256 was still in use by Stargate for many things, but only after some modifications by Scarlett which rendered the hacker's new discovery useless.

I would have said that Lightning modified 256, but that would take away from Scarlett's glory  :P

Edited by Mario3D13

Well, after so many years using AES-256, hackers had finally found a way to crack it easily, so everyone was looking for a new alternative. Scarlett naturally stepped up and developed a new versoin of the AES protocol, which was, contrary to popular belief 4 time harder to crack. It was named AES-512. AES-256 was still in use by Stargate for many things, but only after some modofications by Scarlett which rendered the hacker's new discovery useless.

I would have said that Lightning modified 256, but that would take away from Scarlett's glory  :P

Maybe Lightning did modify 256, and Scarlett based 512 on the modifications.

Scarlett was in the process of writing an OS on Icarus. It's purpose was to be multi-device for use on computers, the tablets used by most scientists in the program and the PDA's.

What if that OS contains or will contain 1024! She could make it so it could interface with Ancient technology! Only partially of course. Simple access to a large portion of the on-board database.

Specter can help :D

• Brohoof 1

Scarlett was in the process of writing an OS on Icarus. It's purpose was to be multi-device for use on computers, the tablets used by most scientists in the program and the PDA's.

What if that OS contains or will contain 1024! She could make it so it could interface with Ancient technology! Only partially of course. Simple access to a large portion of the on-board database.

Absolutely wonderful, and technologically feasible! You wouldn't mind basing the OS on the Linux kernel, would you? (It's one of the safest kernels ever designed!)

Also, Specter reminds me of 343 Guilty Spark from Haylo, only 20% cooler, and nowhere near as dumb (Guilty unleashed the Flood on Installation 04 in Haylo, the worst decision ever made by a Forerunner...err...Ancient AI). Thanks for such a cool charachter, @Child Of Darkness!

Absolutely wonderful, and technologically feasible! You wouldn't mind basing the OS on the Linux kernel, would you? (It's one of the safest kernels ever designed!)

Also, Specter reminds me of 343 Guilty Spark from Haylo, only 20% cooler, and nowhere near as dumb (Guilty unleashed the Flood on Installation 04 in Haylo, the worst decision ever made by a Forerunner...err...Ancient AI). Thanks for such a cool charachter, @Child Of Darkness!

I appreciate the compliment. Design and function wise he's based off of Ghost from Destiny, personality wise was influence by 343 Guilty. Both his good and bad characteristics.

Ominous foreshadowing

I appreciate the compliment. Design and function wise he's based off of Ghost from Destiny, personality wise was influence by 343 Guilty. Both his good and bad characteristics.

Ominous foreshadowing

This does not sound good. Better prepare! (where's that MA5D?)

Also, thanks for giving Lightning some credit. Believe me, he always gives credit where credit is due! (unlike Robert Hooke, that scoundrel of a scientist from the 1700s)

RIP in peace RP

You think Specter will take a bad turn?

Also, Specter reminds me of 343 Guilty Spark from Haylo, only 20% cooler, and nowhere near as dumb (Guilty unleashed the Flood on Installation 04 in Haylo, the worst decision ever made by a Forerunner...err...Ancient AI). Thanks for such a cool charachter, @Child Of Darkness!

Nah, Linux is good but Scarlett hates using other peoples stuff, she doesn't trust other peoples stuff.

Apart from the Ancients. She trusts their stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, Linux is good but Scarlett hates using other peoples stuff, she doesn't trust other peoples stuff.

Apart from the Ancients. She trusts their stuff.

Lightning is always ready to follow a leader like Scarlett. She takes orders from no one! (Except Specter, because Ancient stuff should ALWAYS be trusted, or so we've been told)

Lightning is always ready to follow a leader like Scarlett. She takes orders from no one! (Except Specter, because Ancient stuff should ALWAYS be trusted, or so we've been told)

Scarlett just trusts Ancient stuff because she may or may not be one herself >.> the Ancients build things to last!

• Brohoof 1

Scarlett just trusts Ancient stuff because she may or may not be one herself >.> the Ancients build things to last!

Specter is a pretty good example of that TBH. How old is he? (I forgot, excuse my n00bness)

From what I know, very old. The Ancients died out thousands of years ago, so some time before that.

The ship however, is just over a million years old.

From what I know, very old. The Ancients died out thousands of years ago, so some time before that.

The ship however, is just over a million years old.

By any chance did the Ancients die by activating a series of superweapons that wipe out all sentient life within 5 galaxies in order to stop a parasite from taking over?

By any chance did the Ancients die by activating a series of superweapons that wipe out all sentient life within 5 galaxies in order to stop a parasite from taking over?

Nah, they ascended to a higher plan of existence in which they no longer need a physical form or give a sh*t about anything that happens in the normal universe.

• Brohoof 1

Specter is a pretty good example of that TBH. How old is he? (I forgot, excuse my n00bness)

Specters exact age is unknown, but his computing gives him the estimation that he may be 800,000 or 1 million years old.

Edited by Child Of Darkness
  • Brohoof 1

Nah, they ascended to a higher plan of existence in which they no longer need a physical form or give a sh*t about anything that happens in the normal universe.

So now they're PC Master Race?

Specters exact age is unknown, but his computing gives him the estimation that he may be 800,000 or 1 million years old.

That explains his design similar to a Kino.

Though Kino's are round and have nowhere near the processing power.

So now they're PC Master Race?

Something like that

• Brohoof 1

That explains his design similar to a Kino.

Though Kino's are round and have nowhere near the processing power.

Something like that

Would now be a good time to have somepony find the sodium calcite? I don't like seeing the thread so still.

Or is it still too early?

Edited by Mario3D13

Would now be a good time to have somepony find the sodium calcite? I don't like seeing the thread so still.

It's gonna be a while before we find it.

We are searching a literal desert. Let's have some drama while we look :D

• Brohoof 1