Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching After Destiny [OOC]

Chaton

The ship must have a mechanism which draws energy from stars

17 plot points I spent hours planning, completely ruined with this one sentence. Well-fucking done.

Mir, try and find where the input for this direct solar energy is located.

Not possible. All systems such as this are either inaccessible due to a master code, or just not accessible from the inside.

Mir immediately whisked away down the halls and corridors to find the requested site.

Searching the ship is the equivalent of searching every room of every building in London. And Mir would have no idea where to start as the only way to access the map is through the console, which no device can interface with other than Specter. 

• Brohoof 1

I, for one, would like to know where in Tartarus did MIRVI have that information! Neither Scarlett nor myself knew about the star power draw.

I... Can edit it out... If you like... I kinda made it up? I mean, it seemed like Scarlett was hinting to it anyways? I mean, MIRVI HAS been scanning the ship continuously ever since they got on board. But Cyril was just guessing. There would be no reason a smart AI would send them into a star otherwise, he reasons.

17 plot points I spent hours planning, completely ruined with this one sentence. Well-fucking done.

Not possible. All systems such as this are either inaccessible due to a master code, or just not accessible from the inside.

Searching the ship is the equivalent of searching every room of every building in London. And Mir would have no idea where to start as the only way to access the map is through the console, which no device can interface with other than Specter.

Not when you can scan each building in about three seconds. Might take an few hours. He's used to waiting. Remember, MIRVI is mapping her own map continuously. Edited by The Original

I... Can edit it out... If you like... I kinda made it up? I mean, it seemed like Scarlett was hinting to it anyways? I mean, MIRVI HAS been scanning the ship continuously ever since they got on board. But Cyril was just guessing. There would be no reason a smart AI would send them into a star otherwise, he reasons.

It's not a smart AI. All it does it navigate the ship. It's a very basic AI.

And Scarlett was not hinting towards it at all. And you can't just scan Ancient technology. They are shielded against that, and the ship is massive.

Does nobody read what I write?

Not when you can scan each building in about three seconds. Might take an few hours. He's used to waiting. Remember, MIRVI is mapping her own map continuously.

MIRVI is ridiculously overpowered...

• Brohoof 1

And Scarlett was not hinting towards it at all. And you can't just scan Ancient technology. They are shielded against that, and the ship is massive.

Did I say she would come back successful? Well, I never said anything about it, but I'll make sure she comes back inconclusive. Sorry for ruining your plot Ethan ._.

Did I say she would come back successful? Well, I never said anything about it, but I'll make sure she comes back inconclusive. Sorry for ruining your plot Ethan ._.

Oh there's no point. Literally everything I've planned so far is completely ruined...

MIRVI is ridiculously overpowered...

An advanced data and observations droid. Yeah, I'll check that off into my list of overpowered devices used by an OC.

But Cyril was just guessing. There would be no reason a smart AI would send them into a star otherwise, he reasons.

Looking at it in a more logical standpoint, many factors could be contributors to as to why an AI would fly a ship into a star. One of the main reasons you could look at is that the AI is trying to kill the people on the ship as it could see them as potential threats, or even to try and destroy the ship as to prevent sensitive data and tech from being misused by other races. Basic responses for a basic AI. All plausible in my eyes.

But that's just my two bits

Edited by Child Of Darkness

Looking at it in a more logical standpoint, many factors could be contributors to as to why an AI would fly a ship into a star. One of the main reasons you could look at is that the AI is trying to kill the people on the ship as it could see them as potential threats, or even to try and destroy the ship as to prevent sensitive data and tech from being misused by other races. Basic responses for a basic AI. All plausible in my eyes.

But that's just my two bits

I thought the fact that the ship was losing power and the engines shutting off an the weird drop out of FTL would make people think the ship was out of power and that's why it was going in to a ship.

An advanced data and observations droid. Yeah, I'll check that off into my list of overpowered devices used by an OC.

It can go round the entire ship within hours without problems and scan everything.

Literally, there's no point having this rp if we have things like this that can solve everything.

Next time I make an rp, I'm restricting it to tech that I get a full description ofso I know what they can and can't do...

Hey guys, Tuesday can't do what MIRVI does and neither can Specter. Scarlett's suit is OP, but you throttle it to certain stuff. This is what Extore should do. Throttle MIRVI's capabilities.

@@Ethan Sawyer, Off course drifting into a star is also a viable and reasonable scenario.

Let's just fly in to the star and be done with it.

All of the points after this were based on the idea that nobody would have any idea about the star thing.

Now that we all know, any points I planned to put in to effect allow people to know what is going to happen, even if their character doesn't.

I thought the fact that the ship was losing power and the engines shutting off an the weird drop out of FTL would make people think the ship was out of power and that's why it was going in to a ship.

It can go round the entire ship within hours without problems and scan everything.

Literally, there's no point having this rp if we have things like this that can solve everything.

Next time I make an rp, I'm restricting it to tech that I get a full description ofso I know what they can and can't do...

I said it would take hours, as in way after the star was reached. As for op, she is basic level scans. Locations and appearance. Nothing more than that. There is an extent as to thermal and volt measurage, but as you said there isn't a way for her to read due to shields.

I said it would take hours, as in way after the star was reached. As for op, she is basic level scans. Locations and appearance. Nothing more than that. There is an extent as to thermal and volt measurage, but as you said there isn't a way for her to read due to shields.

But the problem still remains: MIRVI could not have known that the Destiny ran on star power. I didn't know it, Scarlett didn't know it. Hell, even Specter had no clue, and he was BUILT by the Ancients. So, as to OP, in that aspect, MIRVI is ultra OP.

Edited by Mario3D13

Hell, even Specter had no clue, and he was BUILT by the Ancients. So, as to OP, in that aspect, MIRVI is ultra OP.

That is true. He didn't know about the ships charging system. He was able to half figure it out really quickly because he understand ancient design and still has a few left over files that didn't get corrupted. Even then he isn't 100% sure about his theories and understands that the possibility that they very well could die is a chance. Unlikely, but a theory.

MIRVI couldn't know for sure if that was the truth and a more simple AI/VI would never operate on chance. Same logic can be applied to any computer or machine.

• Brohoof 1

That is true. He didn't know about the ships charging system. He was able to half figure it out really quickly because he understand ancient design and still has a few left over files that didn't get corrupted. Even then he isn't 100% sure about his theories and understands that the possibility that they very well could die is a chance. Unlikely, but a theory.

MIRVI couldn't know for sure if that was the truth and a more simple AI/VI would never operate on chance. Same logic can be applied to any computer or machine.

Umm, quick update: Extore just explained to me that MIRVI never told him about the star thing, because she didn't know. He says that Cyril figured it out on his own. Even so, it's a bit screwy.

(edited)

I'll assume most of you haven't seen the skype messages regarding changes.

Here, have a changelog:

• No more Artificial Intelligences and/or Automated Drones: This basically means that any sort of AI or drone we have in the roleplay, has to be gone within the next few posts. It's way above any sort of tech that is supposed to be in this universe and makes things way too easy. Obviously, the Destiny's AI and Specter himself are exceptions to this rule. And simple AI's such as those ones that play chess are still allowed. Over the next couple of IRL days, we need to find a way to get rid of the excess tech.
  • Less Highly Advanced technology and magic: To put it simply, everything is too overpowered for this roleplay. In an evacuation such as this, most personal effects would have been left in favour of supplies such as food and water. The idea is that we are stranded in another universe with hardly anything. It's supposed to be hard. This also means I'll have to say that magic needs to have a reduced effect. We're in another universe, magic probably doesn't work the same. Expect unicorns to have trouble with tasks they could to easily before, and pegasi requiring more energy to fly. And instant/almost-instant healing is a big no no.
Not very big, but there you go. I also have a couple of notes.
  • Open World Roleplay System: The idea for this roleplay was for it to be an open world type thing. Save for big events like the air going or flying in to a star, there are supposed to be parts where the character have to just spend time on the ship. Getting to know other ponies and getting used to the fact that they're going to be here in a while.
  • Asking for posts: You know it, I know it, we all know it. Sometimes a roleplay can get a little slow. But this doesn't mean you should ask or tell people to post. Sure, you can every now and again ask if it's been over a day or something, but every couple of hours is way too frequent.
  • Split up more: Some of us have already tried this, but we need to split up more. Unlike most roleplays, this one isn't meant for everyone to be in one place or in groups. Solar and Amber did a good job with this earlier, but then people got dragged back into the situation. We can still go as groups, but remember there is the option to go out adventuring alone.
  • Check with me before introducing plot points or information that could be important: The entire reason I'm even writing this an intervention for a post is because a user accidentally gave away some very important information without even meaning too. But that information nearly ruined a great deal this roleplay.
  • If you have a problem, post in the OOC: We all need to post in the OOC more. Sure, if you have a question regarding something important pm me here or on skype, but in general all of the roleplay questions should be put here where anyone can see it and answer it if they know. 
  • Off topic is not allowed: Most of us are guilty of going off topic in this thread, and have had a moderator come in I believe twice to notify us. This is why we have a skype chat. Keep the roleplay stuff here and in the rp thread, and the off-topic shenanigans in the skype chat or in the pm that nobody ever uses.
  • Mentioning or quoting: If your character is speaking to another character in the roleplay, do us all a favour. Mention or quote the person it's directed at. It may be annoying for some people but it's a necessity to keep the roleplay flowing. I mentioned everyone at the top of this post in a spoiler because it's an important post for the roleplay, and missing it could be a big problem.
  • Small details: I often give small amounts of information in the rp and in the ooc that are very important to the roleplay, and most characters will need to know or already know. I don't know how you all keep forgetting, but you do.
And I think that is it. If you have any questions about any of this, ask me in the OOC or pm me somewhere. You can all start posting again now. Edited by Ethan Sawyer
  • Brohoof 3

Having read the post above, I have a few questions.

First: Will I have to get rid of Tuesday? He's an AI, but he's inside my computer pack. I can't think of anyway of taking him out, nor would I like to.

Second: Are we in a different universe? My understanding was that we're in a distinct galaxy, but not in a completely different universe.

Having read the post above, I have a few questions.

First: Will I have to get rid of Tuesday? He's an AI, but he's inside my computer pack. I can't think of anyway of taking him out, nor would I like to.

Second: Are we in a different universe? My understanding was that we're in a distinct galaxy, but not in a completely different universe.

First, it depends. What can Tuesday do?

Second, it's a different universe. I don't know how many times I've said this. And how did you miss it so many times.

First, it depends. What can Tuesday do?

Second, it's a different universe. I don't know how many times I've said this. And how did you miss it so many times.

Well, Tuesday is a cognitive AI. However, he is present only inside my backpack; therefore, his outward capabilities are quite limited. He is just like Cortana or JARVIS from Iron Man, but more life-like, in a way. He has, if you could call it that, a personality. He can scan maps and convert them to a form friendlier to my HUD UI. But, I repeat, he isn't a robot like MIRVI or Specter.

Second, about being a different universe, are you referring to the RP being in a distinct timeline/universe than the original MLP:FiM, or are you referring to the RP being in the same timeline as the original, but our characters physically being in a distinct universe (think multiverse)?

Well, Tuesday is a cognitive AI. However, he is present only inside my backpack; therefore, his outward capabilities are quite limited. He is just like Cortana or JARVIS from Iron Man, but more life-like, in a way. He has, if you could call it that, a personality. He can scan maps and convert them to a form friendlier to my HUD UI. But, I repeat, he isn't a robot like MIRVI or Specter.

Second, about being a different universe, are you referring to the RP being in a distinct timeline/universe than the original MLP:FiM, or are you referring to the RP being in the same timeline as the original, but our characters physically being in a distinct universe (think multiverse)?

First, no Tuesday. If they have any external access at all, they can't exist. IT makes it too easy.

Second, it's another physical universe. Not an alternate or parallel universe.