Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the first thing you'd do if you won the lottery

Hocus Pocus

sig-4213069.60e2e1466ad523f60a7d39754e32

I'm kidding I'm kidding....

I'd donate it to whichever scientists could genetically engineer Pokémon.

In all seriousness, though, I'd probably use it for the usual expenses like University, and household renovations, then buy a few things for myself and my family that we want (but don't need), go on a family trip to Italy, then donate a bit to scientific research and development, and a bit to developing countries/poverty-stricken urban areas.

What's left would be shelved in the bank. Not too original, but hey. It's what I'd do. 

I thought i replied to this thread but i dont see me here....whatevs.

So if I won the lottery first thing I would do is rub it in the faces of everyone who doubted me.

Then I would fix up my truck, put it in storage...or my backyard, then I would buy a more fuel efficient car....maybe a 2009 or 2014 Toyota Corolla. Provided the government didnt take any of the winnings, of course. Then I would give some to my mom and Grandma. 

After that, i would be a really expensive and high end gaming PC and say good bye to my social life. Course, i would also pay off my fursuit. The rest of the money i have would go towards livin expenses.

Well first off, I would quit my job, then distribute the money evenly between all my family members so they wouldn't have to work either.

After I have everything on my wishlist, a new phone, new computer, new laptop, I'd spend the rest on whatever bills come up.

There are already some threads like this already but this uses the 50 million (31 after lottery taxes, get $1,666,667 at best per year) :( )in this scenario. So this is new to me. :)

First

I would wait a few years to accumulate maybe 3 million then I'd sell my old cars, get 1 gas car for long trips (good mileage, high safety ratings, digital speedometer) and 1 electric car for short commute trips.  Both would be the latest models.

Second

Remodel my parents house enough to update it to the 21st century. It has copper wiring! :wat:

Third

I'll get my own house, a reasonable one that can fit one to two people. Build a gaming cave to my specifications. Then add an amazing fallout shelter under my house for me (or more, I dunno :derp:)

Lastly

I'll maybe get a job to keep myself busy but nothing big, I'll just keep the rest of the money in my bank once I get it all. Use it for mostly groceries, bills or treating myself to a nice place to eat occasionally.

I would buy all the very rare Stuff first, that i ever wanted to have, before all auctions end again. That would include The Secrets of Isis Dvd Set and the third Volume from the Swamp Thing Series.

Than i would buy anything Mlp Media related, to keep up here.

Than i would just simply save a lot of this Money and mabye spend some money for charity or something. But im not sure for what.

But since i dont play Lottery, nothing will ever happen either way.  :lol:

But since i dont play Lottery, nothing will ever happen either way.  :lol:

Do you go to McDonalds?  They've got a lot of $500,000 prizes---though that's not that much money these days, so you'd probably not be able to do all the things people have talked about in this thread even if you won that way...

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably fund a LGBTQ+ association or make my own to try to help people that struggle because they can't be theirselves in their family or country.

But on a personal note, I'd make my own record label. It would be a dream come true

Do you go to McDonalds?  They've got a lot of $500,000 prizes---though that's not that much money these days, so you'd probably not be able to do all the things people have talked about in this thread even if you won that way...

You mean McDonals Monopoly? Where you have to collect all the roads? Yeah, i go there and even tried to collect all the roads many times...but i never won any Prizes. Except a few free burgers, soft drinks and ice cream  :lol:

Aw come on! I can't be the ONLY pony who would buy $30 million dollars of heroin, then a throw-away, a plane trip to Sierra Leone, and a small army, in order take over the diamond trade in Sierra Leone and the cartels of Africa right?

Turn that $50 million into $50 billion.

I'd buy a telescope, a small little house, every Fallout thing I could, pay off bills, then buy the best gaming PC I could.

The rest would be donated to things I enjoy, and some put in the bank.

If I ever had money I'd want to just buy a few things I'd want then pretend it doesn't exist. Don't need a fancy car and huge house or anything. 

I simply couldn't own that kind of money, life would get so much more boring if you didn't earn any of your luxeries. It'll probably still go to a house and some other things but /i just couldn't win that much without donating a large chunk of it. A party to celebrate then 20million to children, disease research, the elderly, Great Ormond Street and various other causes.

If I won the lottery, I would donate some of my money to no-kill animal shelters and organizations that give food to hungry children, such as the Red Cross.

Then I would probably buy lots of books and spend the rest of my life studying astronomy. I also would like to travel. 

Edited by LunaDream20

Georgia state law requires that winners of lottery games have their names made available to the media. Considering the media, and considering the fact that I live in a major city, the first thing I'd do is NOT claim my winnings in Atlanta, but at a Georgia Lottery field office somewhere in rural Georgia. The last thing I want is for me to claim my winnings, then get mobbed (figuratively and literally) on my way out by the media or thugs. I know I'll get mugged by the IRS and the Georgia Department of Revenue, who will take 34% or so of my winnings.

After claiming my winnings, I'd lay low for a while; get away from the U.S. for a few months, ask the USPS to suspend mail delivery, unlist my phone number(s), and probably get a lawyer no one in my family knows. After all that dies down, I'll likely set up a trust fund for my family, make some investments in U.S. and/or Swiss government bonds, donate 5%-10% or so to charity, set up an emergency fund with maybe 15% of my winnings in case everything goes to hell...then start spending money on random junk like cars.