Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The most overrated MLP related things in the fandom?

cider float

Luna, Fluttershy and Pinkamena are quite overrated. I do like Pinkamena though.

Also, Snowdrop, Double Rainboom and every single Tombstone remix.

Edit: Oh my god, how could I forget. MY. LITTLE. GODDAMN. DASHIE. JUST WHY?

Edited by PixyPony
  • Brohoof 5

Almost everything that those guys from Silly Filly Studios bring out. I especially can't stand Snowdrop and Fall of the Crystal empire. One tries too hard to be cute and one tries too hard to be dark.

Also, Fallout: Equestria was never a good story.

• Brohoof 3

Almost everything that those guys from Silly Filly Studios bring out. I especially can't stand Snowdrop and Fall of the Crystal empire. One tries too hard to be cute and one tries too hard to be dark.

Also, Fallout: Equestria was never a good story.

THANK YOU. Fall of the Crystal Empire is such an edgy 13 year-old fanfiction it's ridiculous.

Princess Luna for sure. I do really like her though but wow her userbase is....something...

Also The Cutie Map and a lot of Season 5 overall. 

Most people like her because a big part of the fandom is a teenager, and she's edgy and has to do with the moon, so yeah...

• Brohoof 3

Echoing what Hypno said, everything from Silly Filly, especially Fall of the Crystal Empire. Shit was just a bunch of Luna fanwank that tried waaaaay too hard to be dark and edgy

To add to that, this fandom's obsession with Background characters, cannot stand it

Edited by Megas75

Double rainboom.

I would actually say the same thing, if it wasn't for the fact that most of the fandom i have seen mostly disliked that short film.

• Brohoof 2

I would actually say the same thing, if it wasn't for the fact that most of the fandom i have seen mostly disliked that short film.

*You've seen* trust me, plenty of people like it as it is.
  • Brohoof 1

Humans turn ponies or ponies thrown into the mlp world via fanfics and also this clopping thing..../shudders/ and also ponies in  socks and the freaking panties thing....and what is it when they make em Anthro,   Fluttershy has huge boobs and so does Sunbutt? 

Edited by Tao
  • Brohoof 2

*You've seen* trust me, plenty of people like it as it is.

No, I'm with Hypno here too, this is the first time I've heard about a lot of people liking Double Rainboom too.

Last I remember, aside from the animation(which wasthe only thing about it that seemed universally liked), the majority dislikes DR

"Princess Molestia" :eww:. Also, Derpy is ok and all, but I don't understand the mega obsession with her.

• Brohoof 5

Snowdrop. I heard about it for months before actually sitting down and watching it. It was good and all, but it wasn't the masterpiece some made it out to be. Also, the whole Pinkie being a crazed murderer/cannibal. Google search 'Pinkamena' and thousands of images of Pinkie holding a knife or soaked in blood pop up. 

• Brohoof 1

I would have to say most grimdark fics (especially the "this pony is a serial killer" type), anything regarding New Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire and Fallout: Equestria - mostly because I never played Fallout. :P And probably some episodes too.

• Brohoof 3

Fall Out Eqeustria and Rarity

Overrated isn't the same thing as things you hate.... 

Rarity isn't overrated. You hate her, but don't you dare say she's overrated. I wish she wasn't so underrated that Hasbro would leave her out of merchandise, and people would create more stuff of her (clothes, plushies, fanfictions, etc.) There isn't much stuff of her that exists. 

Worst Pony in your opinion? Yeah 

Overrated? No.

• Brohoof 3

Mmm... Psychotic Pinkie/Pinkamena. Not sure what else, but I'm sure there's more.

This.

Pinkamena as a psychotic serial killer; I get it but I don't like it.  It was tolerable as a gluefic and the concept isn't actually terrible.  But the "Cupcakes" version of Pinkamena has become a little too widespread in Brony culture for my tastes.

I think the real Pinkamena is adorable, with her straight hair and melancholy expression.  But you can barely find any artwork of her where she isn't covered in blood, brandishing a knife or smiling maniacally like the Joker. 

Edited by J. Brony