Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The most overrated MLP related things in the fandom?

cider float

(edited)

I think that Fall Out Equestria is highly overrated. It's everywhere and I don't really get the idea of ponifying it that much.

Snowdrop. Ummm, Fluttershy... Ummm... MY LITTLE DASHIE. It's just such a pet peeve..

And everything including ".MOV".

Edited by darkwingmare

(edited)

Official sequel? He wrote an own sequel?

He did. 'My little Dashie 2: Dash harder'. It butchers the whole story and I won't recommend it. Especially not if you're a fan of the original. (Yes, I am aware it's an april foals joke.)

Edited by Gadgetphile

Princess Luna, My Little Dashie, Every single animation made by SFS Animation, the show itself, Pinkamena(she is okay though), Fluttershy, Rarity, Discord, The "New Lunar Republic" headcanon, "Flutterdash", "Fluttercord", The "Tyrantlestia/The Solar Empire" headcanon, The fandom itself, Sunset Shimmer and Season 1 & 2.

Honestly Lauren Faust herself. some of her approaches were just outright disagreeable. She doesn't approach George Lucas levels of bad writing though.

Just for extra emphasis, My Little Dashie and a lot of overdone Rainbow memes includin the filly ones. Why can't I have mooar apple fwitter with Applejack.

The shirts and mercy are quite overrated too, overly fixated on Dash, Derpy, Vinyl and the background mares more/less with some Pinkies here and there. Outside of those 2 and the background mares, I have never once seen any merch in public that has the other Name 6, or even Celestia on them.

That said, if anyone manages to find some Applejack merchandise and shirts, I would seriously consider buying some.

• Brohoof 1

I have to say that I've always thought My Little Dashie is overrated. Especially people's reactions just seem exaggerated as hell. I might just be talking about my own experience but I really can't imagine anyone bawling out loud after reading that fic. 

I have to say that I've always thought My Little Dashie is overrated. Especially people's reactions just seem exaggerated as hell. I might just be talking about my own experience but I really can't imagine anyone bawling out loud after reading that fic. 

I had tears in my eyes and was pretty sad. Guess some are more emotional in some stuff, some less. was also my first fic

King Sombra.

He's just another antagonist who wants to take over only for himself and the fandom claims that he's underused and should had more screen time.

That's because he's the complete opposite of every other villain: non-monologuey, non-overconfident, well-prepared instead of just making things up along the way, etc.

Those damn deer OCs I keep seeing. Since when has there ever been deer in the show?

Wait there are popular deer OCs? This I must see.

A list from me:

Pinkamina (the serial killer) - So many gory fanfics about this, it's quite excessive.

Princess Luna - Most of her fans are way too obsessed with her to the point where it gets silly.

Vinyl Scratch - Too many people are overly obsessed with her because she is a raver/DJ.

Derpy (or Muffins now) - Ever since that controversy of that character getting removed from the show sparked, the popularity level was through the atmosphere and you couldn't go a day without seeing Derpy material. Luckily this is starting dwindle.

Dr. Hooves - I don't know about the rest of you, but this character is seriously annoying. Plus Dr. Who fans are overly obsessed with him and never seem to stop talking about him that I've noticed.

Fluttershy - The vast majority of her fanbase is way too obsessed with her, I dare say even worse than any other character in the show. Write a short story that makes Fluttershy cry and see where it leads... 

Shipping - The idea around it can be fun, but people take this sort of thing WAY too seriously.

Cupcakes (back in the day) and other grimdark fics: People have made such a big deal about these and seem oddly surprised that something like those could exist in a fandom of a mostly older audience anyway, not to mention the Pinkamena split personality in general.

Derpy and most background characters in general: I have no idea why it's a big deal to give these characters fanon personalities and character traits which end up becoming canon thanks of the fandom. Especially when they get a lot of focus compared to the already established canon characters. Oddly enough I have gained some respect for her since The Last Roundup incident and return in season 4.