Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Last show you watched?

ponylaces

The first episode of the 2019 Twilight Zone remake, "The Comedian". I have to say, it was mediocre  and there was a lot of characters that said things that literally made no sense with the context. Not to mention that it was a bit too derivative, and it really didn't feel original at all. Very disappointing to say the least. I would give the episode a 5/10. 

I watched "Nightmare at 30,000 Feet" and "Replay" now as well.

The former was actually a solid reimagining of the original "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" that actually earns a good rating for sure. It didn't lack originality, and it actually felt like a real Twilight Zone episode. Not to mention, it was actually really well written, and the twist ending probably made Rod Serling give the episode a thumbs up in his grave. I give this episode a 9/10.

"Rewind", on the other hand, is a politically motivated garbage heap. It has racism against whites (especially if they're cops) written all over it. Quite frankly, this episode actually offends me. It tries to divide its own audience, tries as hard as it can to make the cop seem and factually be racist, even ignoring the illogical BS they have to put in to make it happen. I give this $#!+ a 2/10.

Edited by Dustlicious

The last show I watched was Ripley's Believe It or Not. I remember watching this show many years ago when I was younger. I remember my mom was watching the 2019 version of the show and I decided to watch the show again, as well. :) 

I'm watching Infinity Train. I can already see the quality in it. I already see how good its writing is, and how much I can sort of relate to the main character.

Also, apparently the main character codes her own games, and I've got some respect for that considering I used to want to be a game developer myself. 👌 Until of course I realized how boring coding for extended periods of time can be. :dry: Now I prefer the idea of designing tabletop games, because I really enjoy a more hands-on way of developing my own game's mechanical design. :P

Edited by Dustlicious

• 2 weeks later...

Courage the Cowardly Dog. It's still good, but I think it might be slightly overrated. This show actually has a good few bad episodes, and some of the running gags are used a tad too often. Though a lot of these issues get better after the first few episodes.

It is still a great cartoon that is a quite effective comedic slapstick parody of the horror genre. 

• Brohoof 2

Heartland and Dead to Me. I didn’t think I’d return to Heartland after season 10 but since season 11 took so long to come out watching the show again has been refreshing (despite my opinion on one of the characters being a Mary Sue and her ex being unlikeable). Dead to Me has been good so far but it only has one season out right now.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...