Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Last show you watched?

ponylaces

I’m watching ‘The Full-Time Wife Escapist’ a Japanese romantic comedy drama on Netflix about a salaried common-law marriage between a man and his housekeeper. It’s such a sweet, refreshing show because it’s so innocent and civilized. I watch it to feel peaceful right before I go to bed. I hope it holds up till the end. 

UPDATE:

I just finished the series. Out of 12 episodes and a finale movie, 11 episodes were good and then the whole thing went down the toilet. Epic fail!

Edited by Dreambiscuit

• 2 weeks later...

DC’s Stargirl. I started watching this on HBO Max and to my great surprise it’s been blowing me away consistently for ten episodes so far. And there are three seasons of this hidden gem. I’ve never heard of it before and it just snuck up on me. What a rush! I look forward to it all day. I’m guardedly optimistic though because I’ve come this far on other series’ before and ended up badly disappointed. I hope this one holds out. This show truly captures the sense of super heroes as they ought to be, as opposed to the overlong, repetitive and often offensive Marvel stuff Disney has been churning out. DC has captured the fantastic, fun and consistently interesting properties of supers at their best (and the villains at their worst). They even seem to have a good grip on super hero code, which is all but lost these days. Very fun show.

UPDATE: I finished the show and, as of season 2 it went right down the toilet. They completely lost their sense of fun and rehashed the same dry so-called plot in every single episode. Too many producers, third-string writers and absolutely no talent. They blew it. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

I have had enough of 24 as season 2 went downhill quite quickly >_> I have now started watching one of my favourite shows Stargate SG-1 :lookup:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Fubar. (spoilers ahead) It doesn’t live up to expectations. It does have fleeting moments of good solid fun, but it’s constantly bogged down by the on-screen daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger; constantly whining about her daddy issues while doing the exact same things she accuses him of. This could have been a lot of fun if this had been a true father/daughter spy team; Arnold could play the tough guy and his daughter could have played a sleek Cinnamon Carter-type. But writers only know their checklist, and that seems to include giving every female character a chip on the shoulder and a boatload of pointless insecurities. As such, this show never goes anywhere, but instead repeats the same annoying formula in every episode. Not fun.

Black Knight. I watched this Korean dystopian series on Netflix and was pleasantly surprised. I’m not going to call it a work of genius, but it was diverting, held my interest and maintained quality to the last episode. These days I can’t ask much more than that.

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Savy said:

Finished watching the released episodes of Hailey's On it! on Disney+.

Such a good show imo.

I’ve also watched a couple of episodes of Hailey's On it! and I agree that it’s a really good show. :eager:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

This afternoon, I finished watching Transformers: Rescue Bots season 1. From someone who hasn't seen Transformers anything in over two decades, this was a fun ride. Lots of great moments, especially from Heatwave, who's growing to be a favorite. 

The Silent Sea. (Spoilers ahead) A Korean dystopian series involving a group of scientists sent to the moon to retrieve a sample of lunar water which could save or destroy the Earth. A very compelling series but the finale was just a bit vague, and left a lot of questions to be answered. I don’t know if they were counting on being renewed and saving some material for later episodes, but it’s never a good idea to assume such an opportunity will arise. I would have preferred they just told their story well, and left it at that. Still, I liked it.

I've been binging Family Guy lately in those 2+ hour compilations on YouTube, and some of the new episodes aren't all that terrible. There's the episode where Peter becomes the school principal, when he gets fused to the couch and meets God, when he gets a food truck.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Azumanga Daioh. I'm a big fan of the slice of life genre, so I've been enjoying it quite a lot. The art style is also pretty nostalgic!

Doom At Your Service. This is a Korean series about a girl who kinda wished for the end of the world, and Doom personified comes to grant her wish. It's an interesting fantasy idea and I'm only one episode into it. but hopefully it'll stay the course. Hard to say just yet.