Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games Should Sci-Twi have gone to Everton instead?

Varrack

In the third movie, Sci-Twi wanted to be accepted into the Everton Independent Study program because she thought she would be able to expand on her education and current research. She believed that Crystal Prep was too easy of a school for her, so she wanted to explore what more that was out there by upping her game. Instead, she transferred to Canterlot High which was well-known as being worse academically than Crystal Prep. Why would she transfer to Canterlot if isn't going to help out her education much?

I know she wanted to learn more about friendship, but she doesn't necessarily have to go to a worse school to find friends. She could probably still learn about it regardless. Those are my thoughts - what are yours?

Edited by Varrack

Poor writing, is al I have to say. I agree she should have gone to Everton, which would've challenged her, academically.

But I guess the writers want it to be known that trying to pursue your own interests is BAD, and gets you nowhere (just like they did with the cmc). Helping others and friendship is supposed to be more a priority in life.

• Brohoof 2

I think she just wanted to get out of CPA because it had all the warmth of an ice chest.  After four years of being treated the way Twilight was, anyone would want to go to a school where they could study by themselves.

When she met the girls from Canterlot High, I think Twilight realized that she wanted to learn about friendship more than whatever it was she'd been studying.  She was already brilliant so it wasn't like she needed higher education anyway.

• Brohoof 3

Nah I think what she did was right. I mean yeah there was a lot of opportunities that came from attending Everton but Twilight knew what she wanted and that was to go to Canterlot instead. Let the merl choose, she's smart enough to think for herself. Besides, something tells me she's gonna love to study the magic of friendship ^_^

Edited by TwilightAqua

If I'm to be honest here, I feel as though Everton was nothing but some plot device. It was used to bait Twilight in the first place to be blackmailed and seen as "her true goal" just so she could change her mind at the end and choose friendship at Canterlot High instead. I don't think going to Everton would have been much benefit. From my understanding....it was just an independent study program that allows her to do her own projects...which was what she was already doing in the first place. She could still do whatever she wants at home, or even in Canterlot High without having "Everton" hanging over her head.

Had it been some University or something...then that would have been more impact. And she would have made a mistake by choosing Canterlot High.

Edited by Princess Sunset
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think Twilight should have gone to Everton, she was miserable at Crystal Prep and I think more than anything she wanted to find where she belonged. Canterlot High offered much more to her than Everton would have.

• Brohoof 1

Poor writing, is al I have to say. I agree she should have gone to Everton, which would've challenged her, academically.

But I guess the writers want it to be known that trying to pursue your own interests is BAD, and gets you nowhere (just like they did with the cmc). Helping others and friendship is supposed to be more a priority in life.

Friendship and Happiness, Friendship and Happiness is the reason. That and MAGIC. This fandom can be very vapid sometimes.

Edited by Evil_Emperor

Why would she transfer to Canterlot if isn't going to help out her education much?

Because friendship is apparently worth putting your dreams and goals on hold, or even dropping them outright. 

Outside of that, it's plot convenience. Now SciTwi is a mainstay for future EG stuff.

Had it been some University or something...then that would have been more impact.

True. The whole Everton thing seemed rather minor and insignificant right from the start. It really should have been a college she was desperate to get into. 

Knowledge, despite its beauty, is not everything as there is beauty and magic in friendship as well. There is no need to sacrifice friendship for knowledge. Plus,  as long as you love learning and continue searching for knowledge (which Sci-Twi definitely does), you will find what you are looking for and it doesnt matter what program or school you are in

p.s: For someone as smart as Sci-Twi, (capable of solving the famous hardest "easy" geometry problem on the blackboard in 2 minute + easily using maxwell's equations to create a device that harness energy that no human understands[magic] ) she should have no problem going for a PhD straight away....(assuming she didnt win a nobel prize first :) )

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...