In the season 4 finale I am led to believe

that Twilight (with all alicorn magic) was

FAR more powerful than Tirek was in the

season 4 finale fight. 

When Tirek ate the magic he expanded

more than 25x his previous size rather than x2

as I would have expected. This makes me think

that they were not exactly on an impass,

Tirek may have some form of invincibility.

During the fight, Tirek took several hits from

Twilight but showed not much signs of pain or

being tired to top it all off, Being hit with the

rainbow power didnt kill him, he was reduced to

his first form.

Could it be possible that Tirek can not die, but

can only be contained?

He definitely can, it is just with that much magical power, he most likely was near invincible in that state. In his standard state though, I have a feeling that even a ladybug could take him on and defeat him, or 'kill' him in this case.

Except Sombra.... we do not speak about King Sombra... XD

I still can't bring myself to believe that Sombra is dead, even if it's been confirmed by the writers.  They did make a point of showing his shattered horn flying off into the distance.  I'm thinking/hoping that that's enough for Sombra to regenerate himself over time and make a shocking return.  All the more shocking considering his death was official.

As for Tirek, he's still languishing away in the Underworld.  Although he lost nearly all of his power, it was shown in flashbacks that he wasn't always as weak as he was when he was imprisoned.  Tirek possessed a measure of power before he even came to Equestria and began draining ponies of their magic.  It's possible that he could regain his strength and make a comeback as well.

Probably not though.  Each new season brings with it a new villain for the Mane 6 to overcome.  No matter how cool they are, MLP bad guys usually get a short outing before they're swept under the rug, never to be seen again.

I still can't bring myself to believe that Sombra is dead, even if it's been confirmed by the writers.  They did make a point of showing his shattered horn flying off into the distance.  I'm thinking/hoping that that's enough for Sombra to regenerate himself over time and make a shocking return.  All the more shocking considering his death was official.

As for Tirek, he's still languishing away in the Underworld.  Although he lost nearly all of his power, it was shown in flashbacks that he wasn't always as weak as he was when he was imprisoned.  Tirek possessed a measure of power before he even came to Equestria and began draining ponies of their magic.  It's possible that he could regain his strength and make a comeback as well.

Probably not though.  Each new season brings with it a new villain for the Mane 6 to overcome.  No matter how cool they are, MLP bad guys usually get a short outing before they're swept under the rug, never to be seen again.

You should read the current arc in the IDW comics if you want a sequel to The Crystal Empire.

I can tell you, I think if he was hit with the rainbow power in his first form, I think he may die or just really disintegrate...something along the lines of DBZ...but think of it, positive magic when combined, becomes like 1000x stronger than Tirek at maximum power, wish really, he ate up all the magic there was in Equestria. But still, I believe that in Equestria, when positive magic is used for malacious purposes, no matter how much magic the foe gets, the positive magic is always able to overwhelm the negative magic.  

The Elements of Harmony has never killed anyone but it puts a random effect on the enemy most of the time incapacitating them. Discord was turned into a statue which I believe is supposedly the only way to put an unstable chaotic being into a more stable form. Luna was sent to the moon as it was relative to her being. 

• 5 years later...
On 2015-11-12 at 9:26 PM, cider float said:

The Elements of Harmony has never killed anyone but it puts a random effect on the enemy most of the time incapacitating them. Discord was turned into a statue which I believe is supposedly the only way to put an unstable chaotic being into a more stable form. Luna was sent to the moon as it was relative to her being. 

well in season 9 sombra trick the mane 6 into using the element of harmony on him because he can follow them to the source of their power so he destroyed the tree of harmony and the element but the mane 6 destroyed sombra

• 4 weeks later...