Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Nintendo Direct Today

Not at all! I am saying that Nintendo still doesn't seem to get what good pre-order incentives are. While it's commendable they don't include anything that affects gameplay to not punish those who don't pre-order, but an OST isn't exactly something that will make everyone run out and go "Oh wow! I NEED to pre-order now." While it's a nice inclusion, the target audience is GAMERS not musicians. While musicians may run out and get it, I have a feeling this is going to be like a lot of their other pre-order items where anyone who DIDN'T pre-order will still end up getting one of the many copies left over.

I don't know where you get the idea that only musicians want the OST. I think you greatly underestimate the love for video game OSTs, especially Zelda. Zelda OSTs are loved by many.

I think what you're missing is not necessarily that a lot of people don't want the OST, it's that a lot of people are content with just downloading it illegally online. The TP OST has been up since around its release. However, I do not believe in illegally downloading music, so I don't get an OST unless they provide it someway legally.

If everyone else had my values, I'm sure the demand for this OST would be large... But *bites tongue*

Different topic, but two points I'd like to point out:

• We don't even have a price yet.
  • The OST is NOT included, it's a pre-order incentive. I said if the OST was INCLUDED it would boost the value of the game, even though it would still be fluff to most people. While it would justify a $50 price tag, it is still just fluff. Veeeery few people care about OSTs, god knows I have like 12 of the damn things from games that I got and have never listened to half of them and the other half I listened to all of once. While it can make the price tag more "worth it" as a pre-order incentive it's kind of pointless. I still intend to get the game, but I am not pre-ordering to get an OST that I'm pretty confident I'll be able to grab on ebay the day of if I REALLY want it for like $5-10. 

Oh wow, I thought I had them straight in my mind... >.<

All of the preorder sites list it $59.99. Besides, that's aside from the point, Mr.!

When I say it's included you should know what I mean. I know it's a pre-order bonus, in my mind that means it is included because I'm preordering it!

Again, I think you underestimate the love for video game OSTs, especially Zelda ones. It's fine that you feel the way you do, but that isn't the general opinion I see. Video game OSTs are important to a lot of people. The thing is, as I said, not too many people care about acquiring them legally, thus getting it legally means nothing to them.

Even still, for those who don't want the OST, there is the Wolf Link and Midna Amiibo, which is apparently a pretty big hit going by the fact that preorders are already sold out. Amiibos really aren't anything special to me, so I'm glad that they included the OST, too.

Edited by Envy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you get the idea that only musicians want the OST. I think you greatly underestimate the love for video game OSTs, especially Zelda. Zelda OSTs are loved by many.

God knows I love the Zelda soundtrack, but I also know many gamers who get soundtracks and they usually end up sitting on shelves. XD

I think what you're missing is not necessarily that a lot of people don't want the OST, it's that a lot of people are content with just downloading it illegally online. The TP OST has been up since around its release. However, I do not believe in illegally downloading music, so I don't get an OST unless they provide it someway legally.   If everyone else had my values, I'm sure the demand for this OST would be large... But *bites tongue*

Maybe. Who knows? I'm still not convinced that the demand for the OST is as high as the demand for a new game though. I am not convinced that a majority of people would want to listen to the music without it being in the game. While some might, I doubt many people will want to just listen to the OST. I seldom meet many people.

When I say it's included you should know what I mean. I know it's a pre-order bonus, in my mind that means it is included because I'm preordering it!

Except apparently it's sold out everywhere now, so it's another case of Nintendo not shipping enough AGAIN. Either way pre-order incentive is not included with the game. Included with the game means no matter when or where I buy it, I get it. Pre-order incentive is just a matter of "Pay $60 for the game, or you don't get thing." When a lot of people would probably rather wait for the price of the game to go down to get it. It's just punishing you for not dumping $60 into the game versus waiting for it to go down to like $30. 

Yet, here with Twilight Princess HD we have an example of a remaster released on a system that can play the original.

I see no reason why they can't release GSC on the 3DS. Are HG/SS even easy to find in stores anymore?

Oh they are findable, in toysrus, gamestops, and random video game store it's the price that's the hard part. Most (if not all) of the gba-3ds (and even the gbc versions) are usually around the price of a brand new copy, around $30 to $40, even used copies. I've been looking to replace my ss and white since the save files got corrupt and with those prices it's better to get another copy of the latest gen, especially with the dex filling and other uses I could get out of an extra copy.