Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Why Teen Titans Go Sucks

AnArtisticPontato

So... TTG. What can I say about it? It is inconsistent with character traits and personalities, they made the characters annoying, and when the creators finally watched the original they used parts of it for comedy. They ended up getting mad about the criticism they received, and you know what they did? they turned the main antagonist from the original into a joke. I know people have different opinions, so comment yours below.

Edited by AnArtisticPontato
  • Brohoof 5

Oh dammit not this again.

The show has no problems. The reason you don't like it is because you were looking for the melodramatic anime mess that was the original Teen Titans, whereas Teen Titans Go is a full comedy sketch akin to Looney Tunes.

I'll just point out "Go is more successful and has higher ratings than Teen Titans ever did" and just let the flamewar run itself. >_>

• Brohoof 11

"Why My Opinion is More Important than Yours: The Objective Tale"
Really, come on. Teen Titans Go, as much disdain as I have towards it, is a spin-off. As in it is completely non-canon to the Teen Titans universe. It is designed to be a purely comedic take on the series and has no effect on the previous show. Yes, we're all sour about Teen Titans not getting a proper reboot. But Go has the potential to bring forth more popularity for something better.

Just to note, Teen Titans existed long before the 2000s cartoon. Just go an have a quick search for pre-cartoon Teen Titans.
Starfire used to look radically different, and I'm sure her personality wasn't as it was in the cartoon.
Talesofthenewteentitans4starfire.jpg

Edited by Unikitty
  • Brohoof 4

Oh dammit not this again.

The show has no problems. The reason you don't like it is because you were looking for the melodramatic anime mess that was the original Teen Titans, whereas Teen Titans Go is a full comedy sketch akin to Looney Tunes.

I'll just point out "Go is more successful and has higher ratings than Teen Titans ever did" and just let the flamewar run itself. >_>

I'm sorry if I came across as a little harsh and all about it, I guess I'm just trying to show how they didn't really stick to the source material very much. I just don't find much about it very appealing. that's not to say that there aren't any good things about it though, as I do like a lot of full comedy things, so please don't take my little rant as me saying that everything about the show sucks. In fact I like the linkage of the two stories in Larva Amour. I found that to be pretty entertaining. But episodes like Slade and Waffles make me feel like they talk down to their audience.

"Why My Opinion is More Important than Yours: The Objective Tale"

Really, come on. Teen Titans Go, as much disdain as I have towards it, is a spin-off. As in it is completely non-canon to the Teen Titans universe. It is designed to be a purely comedic take on the series and has no effect on the previous show. Yes, we're all sour about Teen Titans not getting a proper reboot. But Go has the potential to bring forth more popularity for something better.

Just to note, Teen Titans existed long before the 2000s cartoon. Just go an have a quick search for pre-cartoon Teen Titans.

Starfire used to look radically different, and I'm sure her personality wasn't as it was in the cartoon.

Talesofthenewteentitans4starfire.jpg

I don't mean to make it seem like my opinion is superior, and I am aware that the original comic is much different than the original show. Jeez, I think I should have worded everything a lot differently.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly think TTG gets a little too much flak from it not being TT. When looking at the two seperately, they're fairly solid; it's the comparison that hurts both--usually by making TTG look too childish or stupid to like, and TT like an underappreciated masterpiece (both aren't really correct).

Though, I do like this self commentary of the poster above, who beat me to posting it.

Curse you, @Melon Blitz;) But seriously, glad you linked that.

In the end I think there just wasn't enough time between the two series. Feeling like TT got 'replaced' by TTG understandably steps on some toes.

• Brohoof 2

I can understand if people don't like it, the designs/comedy are off-putting(I don't like the show much either) or are bitter that OG Teen Titans didn't get a proper conclusion, but at this point I'm more sick of people obsessively whining over why the show is an insult to humanity, than the show than the show itself. People seriously need to let go

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 4

We critics wouldn't have minded Go! not being a continuation of the original... if Go! hadn't decided to be both a giant middle finger to everything we loved about the original and a horribly Flanderized mess on its own merits.

• Brohoof 5

I was just gonna shrug this show off as a more comedy version of the Teen Titains. I personally don't find it that funny but whatever. Then they decide to use episodes to blatantly attack critics because they refuse to believe there are legit criticism for it outside of the typical nostalgic complaints.
  • Brohoof 3

Well, they are both VASTLY different genres of the same theme. That being said, I prefer TT because of the animation style and story. I'll watch TTG if there's nothing else on, or if I'm in the mood for some silliness.

I totally agree with you my faithful subject AnArtisticPontato, Teen titans go.... Sucks! I search up original episodes of teen titans on youtube and all I find is, is, teen titans go! What utter nonsense is this!? :angry:

your princess of slumber,

Princess Nidra

• Brohoof 2

Guys. 

It's a parody.

IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THE ORIGINAL. CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

It's not a parody. Not to be rude, but it's not a parody. The creators hadn't even seen the original at first so how could they make fun of something they couldn't understand? I do though respect how you feel about the show.

Edited by AnArtisticPontato

I question the sanity of anyone who prefers this over the original. Teen Titans was not meant to be a comedy people. It was meant to be dark, gritty and epic.

But I'll say this, To anyone who's seen the original and not seen this, Do yourself a favor and don't. It will kill your brain cells and rot your mind into mush...

And to anyone who's seen only this and not the original, Seriously go watch it, It will blow your mind. And you'll be like: "Whoa holy crap why couldn't I have grown up with this instead!? O_O"

• Brohoof 2

Personally, if you ever watched the original Teen Titans, it just makes you mad at seeing it go downhill in YOUR mind. I never did, but my boyfriend did. I do not care for the show. I happened to see it on when my sister was watching it, and it is just not my humor. It is stupid humor in my opinion. If you like it, more power to you. If not, that is fine too. AnArtisticPontato was speaking their opinion, and there is no need to be so rude to them about their sayings.

You can prefer the original all you want -- the two are different shows. One was intended for an older audience and one was not.

Ironic how Teen Titans Go is the one with the stricter TV Rating lol.

"Go is more successful and has higher ratings than Teen Titans ever did"

Please tell me you're not serious... :confused: Ok it's official...I've lost all hope in humanity now...

Except the Equestria Girls movies were actually good and like what they were based on. Only difference was humans instead of ponies.

It's not a parody. Not to be rude, but it's not a parody. The creators hadn't even seen the original at first so how could they make fun of something they couldn't understand? I do though respect how you feel about the show.

Hate to burst your bubble, but ya wrong. If you've ever watched it, you'd know they make fun of the original show all the time. Really.

Can't you people just let it go already.

We critics wouldn't have minded Go! not being a continuation of the original... if Go! hadn't decided to be both a giant middle finger to everything we loved about the original and a horribly Flanderized mess on its own merits.

I agree. I personally don't mind the fact that it's not a continuation, but other factors make It feel like a slap to the face.

Hate to burst your bubble, but ya wrong. If you've ever watched it, you'd know they make fun of the original show all the time. Really.

Can't you people just let it go already.

Like I said, I respect your opinions and I don't wish to be rude, but it's not a parody, it's more of a spin-off.

• Brohoof 1

I question the sanity of anyone who prefers this over the original. Teen Titans was not meant to be a comedy people. It was meant to be dark, gritty and epic.

Well the original completely failed to do that either so I don't see the problem. Go isn't even continuous to the original. It's a completely irrelevant show with the same characters. This is like complaining that Applejack doesn't have a British accent and doesn't trip over things constantly.

Teen Titans was "popular" not because it was a good action cartoon (it wasn't) but because it was pretty much the only action cartoon available to kids at that time. Sadly, it seems the kids who watched that show have never really grown up.

I'd rather have a good comedy (Go) than a bad drama (TT).

• Brohoof 1

Well the original completely failed to do that either so I don't see the problem. Go isn't even continuous to the original. It's a completely irrelevant show with the same characters. This is like complaining that Applejack doesn't have a British accent and doesn't trip over things constantly.

Teen Titans was "popular" not because it was a good action cartoon (it wasn't) but because it was pretty much the only action cartoon available to kids at that time. Sadly, it seems the kids who watched that show have never really grown up.

I'd rather have a good comedy (Go) than a bad drama (TT).

I personally loved TT for its story and characters. I prefer a character with a bit more depth than just "Look at me, I'm goofy!" That's not to say a character can't be humorous or goofy. The characters from Adventure Time are pretty goofy, the same with things like Darkwing Duck and Steven Universe. I could name more, but I don't want to ramble. I don't mean to insult you or your opinion, I only wish to show you the reasoning behind mine.

• Brohoof 1