Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Why Teen Titans Go Sucks

AnArtisticPontato

Well, the execution is pretty lacking, not to mention the characters now act a lot more mean spirited whenever they have a chance. Now, I've seen the show and there are quite some moments I find genuinely funny, but others, like the whole "Waffles" episode are downright stupid.

I see Teen Titans Go as a parody. And while some jokes are dumb and stupid, most of the time they made me laugh real good. Not many shows accomplish that.

I think most of the criticism this show gets it's undeserved, at most of it comes from attempting to compare it with the original show. Doing so it's like comparing Terminator with The Little Mermaid >_>

PD: WHERE THE HAY IS SLADE? THEY MADE FUN OF TRIGON (which is always hilarity incarnate :twi: ), BUT NO SLADE  :angry:  

Maybe they decided some lines shouldn't be crossed. They already ruined Trigon and Brother Blood. They should leave Slade/Deathstroke alone. He's one of the greatest villains of all time. Ruining him would be an abomination.

Coming from a huge DC Comics nerd who is basically dedicated reading and watching lineups specifically for the batfamily and the both generations of the Titans team...

I appreciate a show that can make fun of itself, you know? Teen Titans Go! was "supposed" to be a breath of fresh air from the all too serious tone superhero cartoons all seem to focus 90% of their atmospheric qualities on and add light to a superhero narrative. (Serious approaches are not required for a valid superhero story btw) But that went horribly wrong because they took that aspect way too far and thought immature potty humor would seal the deal... 

It's merely something to vent at and laugh at ironically for me, so I suppose I appreciate it for daring to be different and daring me to approach things differently.

• Brohoof 1

I suppose they're into shows with bland and unappealing humor?

I'm not a fan of the show myself, but I don't understand the need to bash people who are fans of the show. If it's not your taste, don't watch it. There's a lot of people out there that said FiM was a terrible show and they found it unappealing and humorous, and we didn't like it when they said that. So why turn around and do the same thing to another show?

If it entertain kids and some older people, it entertains them. Let 'em be.

• Brohoof 4

I'm not a fan of the show myself, but I don't understand the need to bash people who are fans of the show. If it's not your taste, don't watch it. There's a lot of people out there that said FiM was a terrible show and they found it unappealing and humorous, and we didn't like it when they said that. So why turn around and do the same thing to another show?

If it entertain kids and some older people, it entertains them. Let 'em be.

The problem isn't the show itself. The problem is Cartoon Network treating older shows that had great quality in the past like door mats, with many of their fans' response fallen to deaf ears.

Upon reading through this thread, I've come up with things to say for both sides of this situation.

For the people who hate it, do not attack anyone for liking TTG. It's uneccesary and there is no reason for it. Criticize the show for its faults, do not dismiss people as stupid just for liking it.

For the people who like it/people annoyed by the hate it gets, do not dismiss any criticism of the show as mindless complaining or people being nostalgia blind. Sure there are people who do that, but within that lies people who do have legit criticism on the show. And to be honest, the reason people are still talking about it is because this show has released a few episodes somewhat recently that does make fun of their critics, so it will spawn some conversation. It's kind of like people's reactions to that one subtle jab at critics in the Reflections arc.

• Brohoof 3