Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Friends Forever #25 Twilight and Rainbow

Megas

1022337__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

1022336__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

My Little Pony: Friends Forever #25
Barbara Kesel (w) • Brenda Hickey (a) • Tony Fleecs ©​ ​• Brenda Hickey​ (Subscription Variant​ cover)
Rainbow Dash wakes up to discover that here wings have VANISHED! It’s up to the relatively newly-winged Twilight to help her friend find out the source of the mysterious occurrence.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

Gotta admit, I haven't been this excited for the comics in a while, and it's not just out of my bias for the two and the pairing. Plus I like the idea behind the plot

Plus the person behind the awesome Pinkie/Twilight FF is writing it, along with best artist 

Edited by Megas75

• 2 months later...

I'd argue that this is my favorite comic in the Friends Forever series, despite its problems.

There were a ton of asspulls in regards to the kind of spells Twilight used, and the villains weren't particularly memorable. On top of that I wasn't hot about Twilight simply leaving them behind instead of sending them to jail or something(though she still actually punished them and fought them, so it's still a huge step up from a lot of comic's past bullshit and Starlight)

I loved the dynamic between the Rainbow Dash and Twilight though, which is what I usually want most out of the FF series, they both still had plenty of focus(which is a bit of a problem with some FF comics) and work great together, and both in character. I liked how in the end Twilight gains a new appreciation for flying and while RD didn't get anything new out of it, it was great seeing her being surprisingly capable of strategy. It makes me want to see more of this dynamic in the future even more.

• Brohoof 2

That was an entertaining issue at the very least, and I can always do with some TwiDash.  :wub:

That said the three unicorns probably deserved a stiffer punishment than what they got...but that's somewhat consistent with the show, so meh.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...

I really loved the fusion part. Also I can't believe Twilight can actually temporarily take away a ponies magic it really feels like a legend of korra thing and the fact that unicorns can become pseudo alicorns by stealing Pegasus wings. It makes me wonder whether earth ponies can become pseudo alicorns by stealing unicorn horns and Pegasus wings.