S05:E23 - The Hooffields and McColts  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like?

• I hated it ... WAR!
    • I didn't like it
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT ... WAR! <3

Hillbillies! Tomaters! Pumkning! And booty.

CTyTG-2W4AAIVDb.png

Post episode edit: I liked that episode, nice FlutterTwi shipping bonding. Also how did two guys in the middle of nowhere make big families? (I smell incest)

• Brohoof 13

War, war never changes.  The ammo on the other hand is a completely different story. Do you know the aerodynamic efficiency of a tomato vs a pumpkin? Well the drag coefficient is ten times lower so....

What I liked:

Fluttershy: Awesome to see her get some limelight. Plays a pretty good foil to Twilight's over-eagerness as well as being very supportive.  Also Fluttershy confirmed to have best lines. "You said books twice"

Twilight: Necrotic Twilight is back! Not to any extreme though just a general touch, but she never gets too carried away by it.  Nice to see her in a good strong yet not completely controlled situation.

The Balance: This is probably the best balanced of the three map episodes.  Both Twilight and Fluttershy contribute to the end solution as well as the scenes that led up to it. No pony really outshone the other.

What I didn't like:

The Trojan cake: Come on Twilight, you went as a Spartan, you should know your Greek history!

What was meh:

The Resolution: Basically they all get along after they find out their history and that's that. No consequences for the years on end of their fighting. I mean I get it, you have 22 minutes and you're not going to end on a depressing note. It' just too bad things like this don't work in Pakistan/India or Israel. 

So yeah good last Map episode and probably my favorite (Because Fluttershy, yes I have a thing for best pony). So now where was that Starlight cameo? 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 8

Midway through the episode, I can already see a solution to the problem: The feuding families are good at something the other family is not. They should help each other!

It's also been a while since we've seen fighting dust clouds!

• Brohoof 2

This was an enjoyable episode and I liked it more than last week's episode.

This episode kind of reminded me of over a barrel with the fighting using food and all.

I like Twilight's characterization in this episode.

Plus we got another Fluttershy related episode this season.  We barely got any of those.

Not much to say except it was good.

• Brohoof 2

For the 3 map episodes, this is the second best behind Grindstone. I liked the idea, I like how Twilight and Fluttershy both seemed involved. It's the most exciting for me but still decent.

I'll dock off 2 points for the redneck stereotypes getting a bit overboard. I don't really like to have stereotypes bother me but 22 minutes of it gets old for me. So 8/10.

• Brohoof 1

The best way I can describe this episode is that it's The Great Divide with a less dumb ending, but still equally dull and boring

Somehow this managed to be more boring than Made in Manehattan, though not as much as Appleoosa's Most Wanted.

Twilight was incredibly adorable and Fluttershy wasn't a chicken wuss, so those are a plus, but the everything else episode didn't do it for me. The feuding families in particular were boring and unmemorable 

So yeah meh episode. Griffonstone is still best map episode

I'm pretty sure that Twilight' freezing spell is a JoJo reference.   ZA WARUDO!

WRYYYYYYYY

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 3

Wow Twilight is a failure lol. I dunno it was OK but I seriously don't see that ending as being very believable. Plus I know Twilight is capable of more, why we she portrayed in this episode of not knowing how to friendship? Weird. Fun to watch tho.

• Brohoof 1

Loved the brown/blue color scheme for the warring factions.  Was a bit alarmed by the idea that carrots can pierce wooden shields.  Was amused by Twilight's never-flagging assumption that she would fix the problem in moments.  It was really Flutters that fixed it, btu she would have probably not have had the courage to start all by herself.   So it's good they both went.

A simple and enjoyable episode. It's great to see the Twilight and Fluttershy duo again. It's one of my favorites because of the way the way they interact with each other by try to rely on each other and come up with ideas vs Applejack/Rarity duo where there seems to be some kind of conflict between the two. I also like how we got to see Twilight filling more in as her role as the Princess of Friendship.

The plot device though...it was ok. We've seen this kind of plot before, so I felt that held the episode back a bit. Fluttershy's interactions with the animals was adorable and seeing Twilight trying to come up with solutions in her usual bookworm style was amusing.

So now that all the Ponies have had their calling with the map, I'm curious how they're going to build up the season finale. We also have AKR's final episode next week which I'm really looking forward to!

• Brohoof 2

I really dont know what to say about this ep. it is kind of boring, but really not that bad.

I think the ending was way to predictible but there were some really cute moments in between they helped buffer that out.

Overall I will give it a 8/10 or a "I liked it" rating.