Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite pet?

Luna_Lu

Dogs are my favourite kind of pet. They're cute and cuddly, they're fun to play with, they can be helpful and most of all, they love company. 

I have two dogs. One of them has been around with me for a decade, while the other has been around for just seven months.

Though I don't have any pets, the one that I would like to have is a cat. I feel more comfortable around cats, than with dogs, perhaps because of my quiet and introvert personality which is closer to a cat than a dog :P.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely cats. I love how cute and fuzzy and cuddly they are...while also being ruthless killers. And, of course, I like seeing them screwing up jumps and then looking around acting all cool like they meant to miss and faceplant into the floor.

Aside from that, I like pugs. I like most dogs, these days, but pugs are so delightfully derpy I can't help but like them. Yes, I know they're actually sad creatures because of the overbreeding. Doesn't change the fact they're adorable.

Right now, I have no pets. When I lived with my parents we had two cats, one of which died, and they got a dog because my stepdad wanted a hunting dog. He's really adorable, and when he wags his tail he pretty much wags his entire body. He's also the reason I'm no longer afraid of dogs.

• Brohoof 1

You can't beat the loyalty and affection you receive from a dog. My old Collie/Labrador was probably my best friend. I currently have a pet corn snake. He's cool but snakes are simply incapable of affection, only tolerance. That said, I'm able to feed him, leave the house, go on a trip and he'll still be alive when I get back.

Favourite pet: Cat

Pet I have now:

- Three cats

- Two dogs

- One hamster

- Several dozen mice that live under the house (feed them birdseed when we go outside in the winter)

Out of those, I only really have one cat (name is Farrago) and a certain mouse that really likes me to count as 'mine.'

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Cats. They have an intelligence and independence that I can respect. If you have a sufficiently intelligent feline, take a closer look at the way it analyzes you when it is not playing. The defiance in those reptile eyes, the graceful posture and agile movement, like a dancer. How it knows how to draw your attention so it can get food, or anything it may need. Most cats are fairly smart and are independent enough, so as to not require the same responsability you would need for a dog. Which is perfect for me. They are also loyal in their own way.

And there is a cat in the house, but it isn't mine. Hahaha "mine". When I look at this feline, it is more like he is one who trained his owners, and not the other way around. He is that intelligent. And once again, he brought me a little pigeon he hunted and left it there as an offering today. I just decided to let it play with it and then consume it. When, I returned, the kitchen was full of feathers, so I had to clean that mess myself. But this is the kind of loyalty I was mentioning.

I love both my dogs so much. Before, I would've chosen my super old terrier, but he's been so inactive for the past few months. I still cherish out memories though, so I'll have to choose him. His name is Boss and he has gray eyebrows.

:kindness:

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

• Brohoof 1