Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Know of any good MLP-themed RPG?

Broken Gear

I've been looking around interwebz for some good tabletops with ponies. Unfortunately I failed to find any that would appeal to me. So if you have any suggestion I would love to hear it.

Otherwise  I might end up creating one but I'm laaazy.

I'm currently writing an MLP themed Pathfinder adventure path. It's still a work in progress, but I'm to the point where I'm editing the first book. PM me if you're interested, I'll give you the view code for the currently unpublished fimfic :3

Edit: typos annoy me, fixed them.

Edited by Hocus Pocus

I'm currently writing an MLP themed Pathfinder adventure path. It's still a work in progress, but I'm to the point where I'm edidting the first book. PM me if you're interested, I'll give you the view code for the currently unpublished fimfic :3

I'm not familiar with Pathfinder but my former gaming group stated that, being experienced with 4E, Pathfinder wouldn't be difficult to figure out.  Do you agree with their assessment?

Also, how do you play your games out?  We used to create maps with Maptools, upload them to Roll20 and then communicate via Skype.  Do you do anything similar?

Pathfinder uses the same rules as 3.5 edition with a few additions, such as a separate stat for combat maneuvers (Combat maneuver bonus acts like a BAB for bull-rushes, grappling, etc. and Combat maneuver defense acts as a sort of AC for the same thing) as well as various balance tweaks that add new options of play to each of the classes (i.e. fighters get a feat every level, sorcerers gain boons based on what gives them their magical talent).

4th edition is a lot more streamlined; but as a result, it has a lot less options for customization. The core mechanics are the same, however: roll dice, add modifier, compare to a difficulty class.

As for how we host, we always meet irl for our meetings. The maps are provided on the fimfic, and I draw them out on a chessex game mat.

As for how we host, we always meet irl for our meetings. The maps are provided on the fimfic, and I draw them out on a chessex game mat.

Oh, drats.  I've been looking for an online tabletop group to join but haven't had any luck finding a good MLP-based one.

@@J. Brony, I know you weren't asking me, but as far as I can tell both systems seem to be similar (though I have only read the rules and while ago so I might be wrong).

EDIT: NVM I took too long posting

Edited by Broken Gear
  • Brohoof 1