Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will brony culture end with gen 4?

derpy4ever

Things to worry about if FIM ends

• Will bronies stop watching, caring, loving, and tolerating when  FIM is over?
  • Will gen 5 be brony compatible?
  • Should bronys make an effort to become elected officials to spread the brony message/ cause of love and tolerance?
  • If we run, should we run as bronies as mention our fandom affiliation, or just spread the message without mentioning our fandom?

Comments, answerts or more worries are wanted!

It will end with gen 4, if gen 4 is the last iteration, which I doubt. But if there is a gen 5, there's gonna be a ton of fans of it. Hell, there are alot of people who like the show from gen 1 all the way up to gen 4, they shouldn't have any reason for stopping, right? Well, unless it's terrible, then they might stop

Edited by Leo Mothra
  • Brohoof 2

• Should bronys make an effort to become elected officials to spread the brony message/ cause of love and tolerance?
  • If we run, should we run as bronies as mention our fandom affiliation, or just spread the message without mentioning our fandom?

-Some will stop watching. Being a Brony doesn't make one caring, loving and tolerating.

-Depends on how they make gen 5. If gen 5 is to be like pre-gen 4 MLP, probably not.

-Like USA spreads democracy?

-I tend to care more about politicians' professional life than their personal life.

• Brohoof 2

I would think so. We're heavily invested in several different ways with this iteration of MLP. I doubt a majority of the fans will carry over to the next, either from disinterest in the content, exhaustion, or finding something new and shiny to obsess over.

• Brohoof 3

I would think so. We're heavily invested in several different ways with this iteration of MLP. I doubt a majority of the fans will carry over to the next, either from disinterest in the content, exhaustion, or finding something new and shiny to obsess over.

I just discovered MLP FIM this year! too me it is new and Shiny!

• Brohoof 1

To address your concerns:

The fandom has been slowly dying since 2013.  This is normal of any fandom to spike then pewter out a bit.  Brony, is a title given to anyone who likes MLP and can either be a grown male or female.  The whole love and tolerance is just part of the Brony community and will continue to be seen in decent people.  If a person wishes to run for a government position then why would a fandom affiliation matter?  People will make assumptions about people when the fact they watch a show intended for elementary school girls comes to light.  G5 will most likely be as different from G4 like G4 was from G3, G3 to G2, and G2 from G1.  Everything comes to an end.  I'm sure the writers are working on a great way to wrap up the series.  I do believe Slice of Life would have been a nice wrap up to the series but that's neither here nor there.  So in short those who love and tolerate would continue, G5 would be different from G4 making the compatibility hard for most bronies, and the association with the fandom would hurt the political aspirations of a candidate.  Well, that's my take on this.  

Edited by EMT Brony
  • Brohoof 1

Its always important to tell everyone 

about love and tolerance, we don't need

a fandom for that. While a fandom would

make it easier, there are also a lot of

groups such as diversity clubs which share 

similar ideas. 

Everyone as a whole should be making 

better choices which affect themselves

and others in a positive way. Everything

should be for for everyone, and that

is a goal humans have been trying to

achieve for a long time.

if we get another art style that makes me desire to be blind, then I will only support G4 comics and art. G5 should just be a sequel to G4. I mean hell Transformers had the Unicron trilogy, do it this time with ponies. 

The fandom has been slowly dying since 2013.  This is normal of any fandom to spike then pewter out a bit.

What makes you say that? I see Bronydom to still be increasing in size. While I expect it will be true that Bronydom may shrink significantly sometime after end of G4, that didn't happen yet.

• Brohoof 2

Absolutely, the only bronies staying for G5, will be a minority, which I don't mind myself since the undesirables are most likely to leave if they change anything for the new series, if it's going to be made of course.

I don't think so. Before gen 4, I think that there were very little if not no bronies, but I'm sure the term ''Bronies'' didn't exist back then. When gen 4 started, I'm sure I heard that a guy who saw the episode liked MLP and then started posting things on 4chan about it. A few people who were willing to give the show a try liked it and then spread the word even more, until mods started to ban pony posts, which started the meme ''Mods are asleep, post ponies''. Eventually, a site called Ponychan was started, which was pretty much a pony version of 4chan, which spread the ''brony virus'' even more. Right now, MLP isn't really that little girl's show that everyone thinks it is. It's more of something that focuses on dark plots and sometimes reflects the everyday life of people and sometimes occasions that happen in real life as well, along with some MLP unique plots as well. When gen 5 happens, which I'm sure has been confirmed, will probably become even less girly. If the generations continue on for longer, eventually most of MLP's generations are not girly, but more for adult audiences, making it so that anti bronies will become an ''endangered species''. However, it's also possible that Hasbro will try to make MLP more girly, like they wanted it to be. They probably didn't intend for 30 year old men to be watching what they tried to make for little girls, so in gen 5 they may want to make MLP focus more on who is intended to watch, which is little girls, disappointing many bronies, just like Nintendo tried to make Brawl more casual than Melee, which disappointed many players.

What makes you say that? I see Bronydom to still be increasing in size. While I expect it will be true that Bronydom may shrink significantly sometime after end of G4, that didn't happen yet.

Well, it's not as prominent as it once was and the intensity that once was there is not there.   

The fandom will decline when G4 ends, but I don't think it will die completely. I don't know how many people will try out G5. I'd probably watch at least the first few episodes of it, but I don't know if the future writers will try to make it as good as G4. Even if G5 is good quality though, I doubt it could get as big as G4 has.

I raised this point in a similar thread,I will be disappointed if g4 is discontinued but if g5 is as good as g4 then I would still watch it, I will always be a briny but I too worry for the fandom and the message if it is permanent, I also reckon it would be good if they do a fifth generation is if they do more fan made content like merponies and other styles of art like the fans have done their fan art in, also it would be nice to see the current fillies all grown up, an interesting concept for me

Depends. if its a totally new gen with nothing in common with G4 like what G3 was to G1, then yes.
if its more like a reboot like what EQG is to FIM, OR if its akin to how digimon does things (New generation but keeps the world highly similar), then it could continue.

The fandom will likely downsize; I doubt there is anyway to really avoid that. However I'd say the culture will remain. The source of the fandom may stop, but the culture and fandom will likely live on regardless.

• Brohoof 1