Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will brony culture end with gen 4?

derpy4ever

I don't think there will be a GEN 5 of MLP, i think ponies have reached there best and final form. they have been a bigger hit than the older generations and i don't think hasbro can improve them to make a gen 5 and even if they do it might be a long long time before they try

If I can't get into Gen 5 I'll just bask in the glory of Gen 4. Sort of like those guys that grew up in the 70's and only listen to bands like Venom, Slayer, Poison, Twisted Sister, etc. while constructively criticizing the new music.

"I can't do this whole pop thing man, where's the soul?" **Flips hair back, does air guitar with 'I smell a fart / guitarist face'**

"I can't do this whole Gen 5 thing man, Where's best pony?" **Flips hair back, does air guitar with 'I smell a fart / guitarist face'**

I see it following the same trend of "Star Trek" and the "Trekkies", a good bulk will fall off the wagon. Those left will be bronies and pegasisters for life. :)

Im staying until the show ends, why quit now? Yeah, there might not be the same ponies, but why would you leave?

If it turns out that Gen 5 is really good and has everything that attracted me to Gen 4 then I might watch it. A lot of things I find appealing about mlp are the style/design, voices, characters and if that all went away then I might not be interested anymore. As long as g4 ends gracefully then I'll be satisfied and quietly move on. There'll still be lots of people who will never stop watching, not to mention, all the little girls that the show was actually made for.

Things to worry about if FIM ends

• Will bronies stop watching, caring, loving, and tolerating when  FIM is over?
  • Will gen 5 be brony compatible?
  • Should bronys make an effort to become elected officials to spread the brony message/ cause of love and tolerance?
  • If we run, should we run as bronies as mention our fandom affiliation, or just spread the message without mentioning our fandom?

Comments, answerts or more worries are wanted!

• Will bronies stop watching it? There will always be the hardcores who continue to watch the show daily but I think most will gradually or immediately move on. I personally have a weird pattern when it comes to my interests, when it goes I quickly look towards other things but then start thinking about it a lot after a couple years of that thing being gone. And are you referring to being nice to other people or loving the show itself? Well I certainly don't need a TV show to tell me how to be a decent human being. And I will definitely care about it less (heck I already do care about it less). 
  • That depends on if it's good or not. I don't think a G5 is even being planned out right now so there's no way to know.
  • What kind of politics is that? Telling people to be nice to each other. You don't need a TV show for that and such a message has been preached long before FIM became a thing.
  • This isn't some kind of secret persecuted society it's just a bunch of people on the internet expressing their liking for a show in many different ways. Why make it this big thing with some kind of code of honour? If someone say 20 years from now asks me "hey remember that brony thing from the 2010s?" I'd say "yeah I was into that" and just go on about my day. 

It depends, most people got into the fandom for G4, and G4 only. Unless G5 recaptures a lot of what made people like G4, I doubt everyone's gonna stick around. The people I know that will stick around are the ones that got into the fandom for the entirety of MLP

Things to worry about if FIM ends

• Will bronies stop watching, caring, loving, and tolerating when  FIM is over?
  • Will gen 5 be brony compatible?
  • Should bronys make an effort to become elected officials to spread the brony message/ cause of love and tolerance?
  • If we run, should we run as bronies as mention our fandom affiliation, or just spread the message without mentioning our fandom?

Comments, answerts or more worries are wanted!

In all honesty, I wouldn't want to become a politician and be all like "We can fix our country through the power of friendship! Just follow the example of the great Twilight Sparkle and her friends!" I feel like that'd just get kinda weird. I'd rather just keep the show as a good show that I was a big fan of, with good morals and good characters. Like maybe I'd be a bit more vocal about how much I like the show, but I don't want it to permeate into everything I do. Especially the serious things like politics.

As for the main question, it depends on how G5 plays out (if they're making it). If it ends up rehashing too much of the girly, little-kid-ish stigma of the previous generations, people may have an aversion towards it. I think part of what makes G4 so appealing is its mix of slice-of-life with the highly fantasy nature of the show.

Edited by PGNatsu

It all depends.

Will G5 touch us like G4 has, or will it be a complete lowest-common-denominator antisequel like Teen Titans Go!?

I kinda hope it turns out like Go! just to weed out people who take cartoon shows for children too seriously.

In all seriousness, FiM is like any other fandom. With a new generation comes adjustments. Someone will hate it for changing too much. Someone will hate it for not changing enough. Thus some people will leave, but also, new people will show up.

And there will always be loonies who think that everyone else in their chosen fandom is a carbon copy of their individual selves, presume that what they want out of the show is necessarily what everyone else wants / the best for the show in general, and get all flabbergasted every time they find that's simply not the case...

I kind of hope Hasbro reboots the show with the same characters but some significant adjustments taken with the presentation level. It's undoubtedly going to remain a young children's show, but Hasbro and the writing team have learned valuable lessons about producing character-driven shows for children that hopefully make it a bit more consistent and stable than this incarnation has been.

• Brohoof 2

I kinda hope it turns out like Go! just to weed out people who take cartoon shows for children too seriously.In all seriousness, FiM is like any other fandom. With a new generation comes adjustments. Someone will hate it for changing too much. Someone will hate it for not changing enough. Thus some people will leave, but also, new people will show up.And there will always be loonies who think that everyone else in their chosen fandom is a carbon copy of their individual selves, presume that what they want out of the show is necessarily what everyone else wants / the best for the show in general, and get all flabbergasted every time they find that's simply not the case...I kind of hope Hasbro reboots the show with the same characters but some significant adjustments taken with the presentation level. It's undoubtedly going to remain a young children's show, but Hasbro and the writing team have learned valuable lessons about producing character-driven shows for children that hopefully make it a bit more consistent and stable than this incarnation has been.

i agree completely with this. I do hope that they keep the main characters of this generation, but do something new, cool, and impressive with the next one! And perhaps, if they do keep characters from this generation, perhaps some side or even background character development could happen in some episodes!