Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone on here celebrate their anniversary of joining the herd?

SteveMorison

I don't remember the exact date that I joined, but I do celebrate it. It was a seminal moment in my life. Usually my celebration comes from looking up an older pony video or one that celebrates the fandom in some way. This one's an old favorite of mine.

• Brohoof 2

Nope, I don't remember the exact date I watched 'A Canterlot Wedding' for the first time.  However, I do like to watch that pair of episodes now and then to remind me of when it all started :D

Well, I know when I joined the herd, and setting a symbolical date in that time span wouldn't be a problem, but, generally, I don't celebrate anniversaries. Not even my own birthday. Some State holidays like Independence Day are excluded form this policy, but as a rule, I believe that, if something is important, one should remember about it every day, rather than set aside one "special" day to make up for it. As I see it, anniversaries are, for the most part, a shortcut form daily commitment and a way to convince ourselves that we do remember, that we do care, when in fact, it's not always so.

Please keep in mind it's just my private observation and I don't negate the point of celebrating anniversaries in general. I just don't see much place for them in my life.

I can't really remember when I became a brony or even when I started watching the episodes. So I don't celebrate it (nor would I for that matter :P). 

I can't actually remember when I first watched the series, just that it was between Seasons 1 and 2. Aside from that, I really don't think that joining a fandom is cause for celebration...unless I can get paid days off from work, then I'd turn the date of every single one of my fandoms into holidays.

• 3 weeks later...

My forum anniversary (what I consider to be the day I 'joined the herd') was two days ago and I haven't even remembered until now, so I guess not xD It's rare I celebrate any sort of anniversary, though :3