Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anyone on here celebrate their anniversary of joining the herd?

SteveMorison

I don't think I can forget my "Bronydom" anniversary. I was pretty on-the-fence of the show for a while. I don't really celebrate it, but I distinctly remember that my first thought after finishing Fallout Equestria on October 17, 2014 was, "I am a Brony."

I hadn't watched the show yet, and did not until I found The Cutie Map on YouTube. It feels good to reflect on that day, but I still conclude that Fallout Equestria turned me 100% Brony.

Nope, I don't remember the exact day, and "joining the herd" is still kind of ambiguous to me because I don't know what constitutes as official joining. I started out anonymously following Equestria Daily along with watching the show and started doing fanart, but never actually interacted with bronies until I joined the site...so I still don't know exactly when I became part of the herd. *Shrug*

Whatever, I am what I am now, so that's all that matters. ^^

Edited by Quartzy

• 6 years later...

I'm not sure of the exact date I joined the herd. It was something that pretty much happened. One moment I'm here sitting drinking my tea and then without notice, ponies suddenly appear into my life and are just there. :catface:

• Brohoof 2

You mean the first time I joined the MLP fandom in general? That's very hard to remember and not a very memorable moment. I do celebrate my join date here at the forum because it is shown in my profile :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 3

I haven't been celebrating my anniversary for joining this forum---I think the act of joining the forum was when I joined the fandom per se.

I was a fan probably since the fall of 2010:  I was browsing youtube for G-1 footage for a parody of G-1 that I never actually made, found a clip of Twilight introducing herself to Fluttershy, got curious, watched the pilot, got hooked HARD.

I probably should start celebrating my anniversary, but not sure how I'd do it...

• Brohoof 2

Actually, I don't know the exact date but I know it was in 2012 between seasons 2 and 3. (Really good time to be alive). So basically, I don't celebrate because I don't know when it happened.

• Brohoof 1

Different scenarios how I became a Brony if it was worth celebrating:

• I woke up THAT morning and knew I was a Brony. It was time to watch FiM for the first time.
  • Internet had a surprise party stored for me THAT day, and I was greatly surprised to become a Brony.

Because of any of those events, I would have remembered what day, and how long I had been a Brony. But that is not what happened. The change happened gradually.

• Brohoof 2

Now I watched a few episodes before officially calling myself a brony, but I remember I used to call it a broniversary, mine is Feb 13, 2013, but I first watched a couple days prior, but I have a very good memory for it, the fandom was popping off, I went to two bronycons, I used to have a weekly Skype group, facebooks just for MLP friends. I miss it. I miss it a lot.

• Brohoof 2

I also don't see it as a big deal and won't celebrate when the time comes. I don't even celebrate my own birthday or any holiday for that matter, it would just take away my freedom. The best way to live, in my opinion, is to just follow the feelings and to not listen to the calendar or so. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...