227 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• I hated it!
    • Nope. Didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was OK
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT .... HOOFSIES <3

this episode speaks so much to me!

I have almost no contact with my best frien anymore and since I moved 3 months ago I haven`t spoken to him since, so much so that I`m afraid he has changed, this episode gives me hope for our frienschip to survive

• Brohoof 2

Goodbye Ms. Rogers, it's been a blast! 

What I liked:

Applejack: Good form on her as well as this basically being her episode.

Pinkie Pie: Pinkie Pie overworked, that's funny, especially in how frazzled she is. 

Rarijack: They're hinting it and I'm taking it!

The animation: For an episode all about the heart of a performance they definitely had a lot going on for visuals and they were glorious

The song: Semi-musical, but the songs were pretty great and we seem to have gotten an Equestria national anthem or at least something along the line of "America the Beautiful" ponified.

What I didn't like:

The manager: Like I was expecting, a one-note purely selfish pony who manipulates the singer to get what they want. I know it's a stable of these kinds of stories but I just wish there had been more depth to it, like maybe he was being pushed by marketing excs to push Rara as much as he could or just something more instead of Bossy business pony #459 that just doesn't understand the art.

What was meh:

The exposition: I know it's a fault in many an episode but here is no expectation.

Lena Hall's character: Okay not even going to try to spell her name out.  Nice character here but not much too it other than the singer manipulated by her manager that realized her true dream sort of thing. Not bad but not much for me to grab onto either.

CMC not have a larger role: Okay this one's on me completely, I saw the animatic and thought the CMC would play a bigger role in this episode. Turns out I was wrong.

So a decent and awesome but not that spectacular finale outing for Ms Rogers. Here's to her new future with Disney. (Please come back if they're anything like this manager!) 

• Brohoof 3

This episode was great!

Applejack really shined in this episode, and I really enjoyed the friendship between her and Rara.

The songs were great especially "I'm Just a Pony" which is still one of the best songs in the show.

A great way for AMKR's last episode to be.

And a new favorite of the season for me.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

THOSE SONGS! Oh my god that episode was amazing, liquid pride was most definitely shed. Lena Hall did so well here and her singing was stunning. And the CMC on stage at the end brought the feels train right home. 10/10 all the way.

sig-4224365.CUWb-V_WIAIs5q_.png

Also Fernando is best pony

sig-4224365.CUWYIU0WEAA972p.png

• Brohoof 3

I shed tears again this season; what an amazing episode. <3

• Brohoof 3

My thoughts on the music: She just went from one generic form of pop to another. Sure, I prefer the second, but it's pretty bland to me, anyway.

On the episode: It wasn't bad, it was enjoyable... But not one of my favorites. I guess it was just too predictable, and didn't really stand out.

• Brohoof 3

Wonderful episode! Moral was laid on a little thick, but that's not really a problem. Gotta love Colaratura(did I spell that right? whatevs, I'm just gonna call her Rara anyways lol) and her VA's singing was enchanting, some of the best on the show probably imo(and after doing some research, turns put she's been on Broadway and has a band, totally not surprising). Gotta love this one. :D

Thanks for so many great episodes Amy Keating Rogers, your last one was a smash! :wub:

• Brohoof 3

This was a great episode. Rara did put up quite a show in that episode with her beautiful singing. When I heard her singing voice, I thought her tone was similar to Queen Elsa's voice from Frozen. Anypony else saw the connection as well? 

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

The episode was quite predictable but sweet. This was a good fit for Applejack's character, it is also nice to learn about the old friends of characters, similarly how we learned about Twiligh's old friends. I would have been better if the manager had a change of heart so he had Rara could have had some compromise about her act in the future but the ending was moving.

Ehh it was OK for me. Nothing endearing about it and it's was way rushed at the end. I guess I'm not crazy about the eps where somepony makes a complete personality overhaul after a lifetime of being stuck in their ways just because of a single interaction with one of the mane 6. Just me.

• Brohoof 2