S05:E24 - The Mane Attraction  

227 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• I hated it!
    • Nope. Didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was OK
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT .... HOOFSIES <3

The only other time I have seen a cutie mark glow was when it happened to Diamond Tiara when she sang about her future being bright and the cutie mark setting her free.

Oh. I forgot about that. I really should watch it again.

I have episodes I liked in this season, and episodes that I was ok with, one or two that quickly lost my interest, and then there were episodes that I loved.. chalk this one up to the loved column... definitely goes into my top ones for the season list.

I love the new ponies. Like, all of them. Coloratura, Svengallop, the dancers (seriously, though, the dancers :D ). Just sayin'.

GREAT episode! Now if only we can get Idina Mendzel to guest star sometime.......

She once guest starred on the show Arthur, which I thought was pretty neat. She even did a tiny Frozen shout-out there.

I love the new ponies. Like, all of them. Coloratura, Svengallop, the dancers (seriously, though, the dancers :D ). Just sayin'.

She once guest starred on the show Arthur, which I thought was pretty neat. She even did a tiny Frozen shout-out there.

REALLY? Well, if she can do Arthur, let's see if she might do this! I actually tweeted this suggestion to Meghan McCarthy herself a few minutes ago!

Well we already knew they had technology; not just trains and stuff, but we see Twilight Sparkle's science machine as early as season 1, and Vinyl Scratch had always worn those headphones.

Of course we knew that they had technology, but this is a new one. Also, those unicorns in the end appeared to be taking videos with their horn (this idea sounds weird).

Of course we knew that they had technology, but this is a new one. Also, those unicorns in the end appeared to be taking videos with their horn (this idea sounds weird).

Actually, I think that's merely the equivalent of people waving their cellphones during a concert. I doubt unicorns (besides Twilight) are that advanced in their spells.

My reaction to Lady Gaga pony:

sig-4224977.500px-Excalibur_Reaction.jpg

So, um....are we just going to overlook that AJ basically destroyed "Countess'" whole mega pop star career? Straight up left her without a manager to handle the performance list, stage props, lights, makeup, sound , everything. And no doubt a chunk of her fans won't like the new , or rather old her. No doubt her reputation that exceeds even Sapphire Shores as the pony of pop is ruined, now that she's content with being herself. Never considered you'd ruin your filly friend's entire career, before you intervened, didja, Apple Jack?

So we're just ignoring that whole issue? Guys?

(See 18:34 ) https://youtu.be/-HEgebBYuq8

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 2

One of the first things that went through my head when watching the episode is how utterly I despise Svengallop. I sincerely hope he'll be out of a job forever.

Aside from that, I really liked seeing how much AJ and Rarity's friendship has grown since Season 1. Where they used to be almost enemies at times, now they're close friends and they seem to fully trust one another. For some reason their interactions in this episode brought that across more than their episode Made in Manehattan did.

Then of course, there's the song I'm Just A Pony. I really liked it, both musically and lyrically. The one thing I didn't like as much was the other song, the one about Equestria. I don't know, I just don't like patriotic songs all that much because they remind me a bit too much about the tendency certain people in the USA have to be far too patriotic. I like my country too, but singing a song to 'glorify' it just seems a bit too much.

OMG! That episode was beautiful! The feels! THE FEELS! They are too strong! I was practically crying the feeling of raw, pure, emotion! This is my favorite episode this season, if not my single favorite pony episode ever!

So, um....are we just going to overlook that AJ basically destroyed "Countess'" whole mega pop star career? Straight up left her without a manager to handle the performance list, stage props, lights, makeup, sound , everything. And no doubt a chunk of her fans won't like the new , or rather old her. No doubt her reputation that exceeds even Sapphire Shores as the pony of pop is ruined, now that she's content with being herself. Never considered you'd ruin your filly friend's entire career, before you intervened, didja, Apple Jack?
So we're just ignoring that whole issue? Guys?

Well, I wouldn't say "destroyed". Her manager wanted her to basically destroy her reputation as a good, down to Earth pony in order to force her to focus solely on her career, or rather, the "pony" he made her out to be. A lot of times celebrities are more well liked for what they do off the record than what what they do on it. Likewise, finding out that a celebrity that you like is a total jerk can really ruin your liking for them. I know this has happened to me a few times; where a person I looked up to turned out to be a total snobby ass wipe. If anything, AJ probably helped her career. If RaRa really is the "biggest pony of pop ever" as everypony claims, then I can see the managers lining up to work for her. 

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

I thought this episode was good. Not great, but good. The reviews that rate it as merely okay sum up my views on it pretty well. (Including the epilespy inducing scenes!)

The one thing no one has brought up though is this episode reminds me very much of an episode of "The Love Boat" where Sonny Bono plays a glam rock star who learns he can be just as good a musician without all the face paint, fireworks, and costumes. I think he even had a crappy manager like Rara did. :lol:

And guess what, Equestria has technology! Yay! They have digital cameras.

And, apparently, autotune. :)

So, um....are we just going to overlook that AJ basically destroyed "Countess'" whole mega pop star career? Straight up left her without a manager to handle the performance list, stage props, lights, makeup, sound , everything.

Yeah, I was wondering about this. I was going to watch the episode again because I thought I had maybe missed the part where they explained who was going to be her new manager. But maybe not...

• Brohoof 2

OMG, WHERE DO I START?!

Okay, first of all, I'd like to congratulate AKR on this episode. It was a glorious way to the finish off her time with the series.

I'd also like to congratulate Daniel Ingram and Lena hall for thier amazing work on the songs.

Without further ado:

- Pinkie Pie: Countess Coloratura AJ! COUNTESS COLORATURA!!!!!

AJ: Uhh.... Gesundhiet.

- I can't be the only one who feels Frozen vibes when RaRa sings.

- Am I the only one who actually enjoyed "The Spectacle?"

- Seeing the CMC with thier new cutie marks never gets old!

- Did anypony else see that mini Sweetie Belle around 10:17?

- At last, the song they've been teasing since October 2014 is shown fully animated for the first time and as you'd expect, it doesn't disappoint. If I could cry, I would right about now.

- Which pony used magic to lift the triangle at the end? It looked like Sweetie's magic.

This is it ponies. Season 5 has been a truly amazing season, but only the 2-part finale remains. I'll see you all there.

Edited by Princess Book Horse

My new all time favorite song from the series is now 'I Am Just A Pony' by far.

I thought it was a beautiful song in the animatic, and it is still a beautiful song!

• Brohoof 1

OMG! That episode was beautiful! The feels! THE FEELS! They are too strong! I was practically crying the feeling of raw, pure, emotion! This is my favorite episode this season, if not my single favorite pony episode ever!

Well, I wouldn't say "destroyed". Her manager wanted her to basically destroy her reputation as a good, down to Earth pony in order to force her to focus solely on her career, or rather, the "pony" he made her out to be. A lot of times celebrities are more well liked for what they do off the record than what what they do on it. Likewise, finding out that a celebrity that you like is a total jerk can really ruin your liking for them. I know this has happened to me a few times; where a person I looked up to turned out to be a total snobby ass wipe. If anything, AJ probably helped her career. If RaRa really is the "biggest pony of pop ever" as everypony claims, then I can see the managers lining up to work for her.

no. No. She didn't have any sort of reputation before she met him. It was Svengallop's hard work that made her the super pop idol that she is. Who she wanted to be isn't in that image that he made for her. And it was a dick move to Svengallop, and all her fans, by canging and giving them something they didn't ask for, a the paying customet. (Remember that this is a business. In "cnterlot boutique" Rarity got called out by pepper pony for changing the product and tailor it according to her own artistic liscense. Countess did the exact same thing, but to her entire audience, and you're saying it's ok?)

no. No. She didn't have any sort of reputation before she met him. It was Svengallop's hard work that made her the super pop idol that she is. Who she wanted to be isn't in that image that he made for her. And it was a dick move to Svengallop, and all her fans, by canging and giving them something they didn't ask for, a the paying customet. (Remember that this is a business. In "cnterlot boutique" Rarity got called out by pepper pony for changing the product and tailor it according to her own artistic liscense. Countess did the exact same thing, but to her entire audience, and you're saying it's ok?)

And the guy was total dickbag. If I found out the manager was like that, I would have dumped him too. She's now the biggest pop singer in Equestria, and SHE decides what events she goes to and doesn't go to. The manager BOOKS it. That's his job. He overreached his power, abused the relationship he had with his client, and paid the price for it. Same relationship with Sassy Saddles and Rarity. Sassy Saddles is store manager, Rarity is store OWNER. Owner > manager. Sassy overstepped her boundaries, and Rarity put her back in her place. Rara is content OWNER Scengallop is a manager. He manages. He doesn't make the executive decisions, no matter how much he may want to. 

• Brohoof 1