Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

making christmas merrier Making Christmas Merrier IV - BC Children's Hospital Charity

Jeric

Oh, cool. I didn't know that.
So yeah, just use the calculator to figure out how much your donation should be in Canadian Dollars, put the Canadian dollar amount into the donation box, and it'll convert it into GDP and charge you based on the current conversion rate.

Let me know if you need any more help : 3

• Brohoof 4

I was thinking about donating $50... But then I looked at my bank account and realized I'll barely have any money left for christmas gifts to all my relatives :wacko:

..so I gave 15. Less than last year I believe, but well I'm a poor student alright :adorkable:

• Brohoof 10

..so I gave 15. Less than last year I believe, but well I'm a poor student alright
Every bit counts whether it's $5 or $500, or even just helping by spreading the word of MCM to your friends outside the Poniverse community <3 
  • Brohoof 4

Ah, a wonderful cause~ Warms my heart and makes me quite jolly, even though Christmas isn't even here yet, heh. Best of luck raising the money!
Gotta run it a bit early ^^  It runs for a month so we have to start it in November, and the hospital needs the donations in time to buy toys for the kids. :D 
  • Brohoof 2

This is such an amazing event! It really warms my heart to see that we've already smashed several goals with ease! Hopefully, I will be able to donate soon, to help out with reaching each new goal :) Bless everyone who has already done so, and those others who plan to!  :squee:

Edit: Is there any way I can donate via post? As in, enclosing the money in an envelope and sending it to an address? I understand that there is a mailing address, but will I be able to donate in association with Making Christmas Merrier that way? Unfortunately, that is the only way I am allowed to donate. :( My parents do not seem to trust the site and seem to think we will receive spam emails and our details will be shared.  >_>

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 2

I do enjoy seeing people work together to raise money for charity. It's not really somehing you see these days. Most people would much rather spend the money on themselves as opposed to doing something that would make others happy. 

This is why I enjoy this fandom so much. We are one of the few fandoms (that I know of) who actually take part in charities.

Back on topic: If I could donate, I would, but I'm currently broke and have no means of donating money.  :(

• Brohoof 2

Are the songs limited only to the show or are we allowed to pick something completely different?

For this round, it is pure FiM songs. Trust me, Pony does dominate but it isn't the only singing event type.

• Brohoof 3

It still sucks that I have no way of donating money, since I can't have a paypal! >.<

I hope that we reach $4000! That'd be absolutely wonderful! ; v ;

Good luck and raise that money people!!! Every penny counts! :D

It's so awesome how you guys raise money every year. Gives lots of hope for these kids and the doctors/nurses! <3

Edited by PrincessWubsyButt~
  • Brohoof 4

It still sucks that I have no way of donating money, since I can't have a paypal! >.<

You can donate using any credit or debit card without using PayPal too :D  If that's not an option either, shoot Feld0 a message and he can help you work out some way to donate if you'd like. <3 

• Brohoof 4

You can donate using any credit or debit card without using PayPal too :D  If that's not an option either, shoot Feld0 a message and he can help you work out some way to donate if you'd like. <3 

I have no other way, no credit cards or PayPal! But I sure will message him to see if I can do anything!! ;o; Thanks.

• Brohoof 1

Edit: Is there any way I can donate via post? As in, enclosing the money in an envelope and sending it to an address? I understand that there is a mailing address, but will I be able to donate in association with Making Christmas Merrier that way? Unfortunately, that is the only way I am allowed to donate.  My parents do not seem to trust the site and seem to think we will receive spam emails and our details will be shared. 

I've alerted him about this so he might reach out to you directly, but if you send a PM to @@Feld0, he can help you out with this.

That being said, I do want to address the concerns you mentioned your parents have.  The primary donation site is run and maintained by the BC Children's Hospital directly, so donations made on the BCCH page don't go through MLP Forums at all.  Unless you sign up for their emails, the only messages you should receive are a donation receipt / confirmation email.  If that site doesn't work for you, we also have a donation page on MLP Forums.  This again will not result in any additional email subscriptions or spam of any sort and is completely secure.  You're also welcome to set up an email specifically for filling out the donation form on the BCCH website if that's your primary concern.

• Brohoof 6

It's that wonderful time of year again.

Honestly this one here is the only forum I've ever been apart of to have annual good cause donations- to boot, donations around the holidays. It's truly something special to participate in an event like this. Let's keep up the extraordinary and help out those who would more than appreciate every donation! Go MLPForums!  :D

• Brohoof 6

I go for 2 days and all the good stuff starts happening.

Great work everyone with donations and here is to hoping we can smash last years total and give these kids a Christmas they'll remember for the rest of their lives! Go MLP:F, together we can make a diffrence :) 

• Brohoof 2

I've alerted him about this so he might reach out to you directly, but if you send a PM to @@Feld0, he can help you out with this.

That being said, I do want to address the concerns you mentioned your parents have.  The primary donation site is run and maintained by the BC Children's Hospital directly, so donations made on the BCCH page don't go through MLP Forums at all.  Unless you sign up for their emails, the only messages you should receive are a donation receipt / confirmation email.  If that site doesn't work for you, we also have a donation page on MLP Forums.  This again will not result in any additional email subscriptions or spam of any sort and is completely secure.  You're also welcome to set up an email specifically for filling out the donation form on the BCCH website if that's your primary concern.

Thank you! I've sent @@Feld0 a PM now, hopefully he will get back to me soon :) If going the route of posting my donation in association with Making Christmas Merrier becomes too complicated though (I doubt it will be), then I know now for certain that I will be able to donate online. Thanks again  :squee:

Once again, congratulations to everypony who has already donated! This money is all going to such a worthy cause, and I can't wait to chip in!

Edit: Just donated! I'm so happy I could help out, although I wish I could have donated more...

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 4

@, The minimum donation is set at five dollars. The reason for this was because last year a number of members donated a few cents to get the donation badge, and due to fees it ended up costing more than it helped. 

• Brohoof 5