Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help with my OC, please!

frenchie1995

My OC that I have created is called Ferric Bromide (FeBr3). He is a chemist and enjoys longs days of work in the lab performing crazy experiments. When he is not working, he can either be found at the bowling alley or spending time with his lovely wife, Starlet Harmony(My girlfriend's OC). His best friends are Big McIntosh and Applejack.

Favorites:

Color- Yellow

Food- Pizza

Music- Jazz

Sport- Hoofball

Movie- Star Wars IV: A New Hoof

Lately I have been having second thoughts about his name and his cutie mark. I original choose the name Ferric Bromide by randomly naming chemical molecules until I found a name that I liked. His cutie mark was chosen because I was wanting it to be something that people who know chemistry would think it was funny, while knowing that most people wouldn't understand. By the way, the cutie mark is the chemical symbol for alcohol. 

I would love any suggestions and recommendations on how I should edit my OC. Thank you for reading!  :lol:

Ferric Bromide

post-36148-0-69294800-1448009360_thumb.jpg

Starlet Harmony 

post-36148-0-70950600-1448009584_thumb.png

Edited by frenchie1995
  • Brohoof 1

The only thing I can say for editing is this: Your cutie mark is not an accurate representation of alcohol. You have listed out the molecules of ethyloxonium, and the covalent bond between those molecules, but you don't have the water, ethyl, or hydroxide groups expanded. I suggest expanding them to make a more true to life representation of ethyloxonium

Edit: no... What is that supposed to be? you have C2H7O. . . but your cutie mark isn't even C2H7O.

Edit #2: or is it (CH3)2OH? Hold up this really confusing, I'm going to fix this for you and give you some material to help you use your OC better. It seems to me that you have little knowledge of chemistry while your pony is engrossed by it. If you can't think like a chemist you won't be able to use Ferric Bromide justly.

Edit #3: Your cutie mark is not even any sort of alcohol, it's nothing but a bunch of things that look like chemistry symbols slapped together. His cutie mark is physically impossible and reflects poorly on his and your knowledge of chemistry. Personally I would throw away this OC, get some hands on experience with actual chemistry, and then return and build Ferric from the ground up.

Edit #4: Last remark. This is a better representation of what your cutie mark should look like. It is incomplete because I haven't listen whether or not the molecule is polar, or if the molecules need to be arranged differently, or if it occupies multiple planes.

6mm06NS.jpg

I apologize if I sound brash, rude, or offensive. I got a little too engrossed in fixing your OC's Cutie mark.

Edited by SugarfootWillie