Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unpopular opinions about MLP?

JeyWiz

Our fandom is full of people who stick to popular opinions about the show, sometimes because it's because they share the same perspective with other fans, other times it's just for the sake of liking something mainstream. However some of us have rather interesting and unpopular opinions about MLP. What are your unpopular opinions about the show?

Here are mine:

-Rarity is best pony.

-Rainbow Dash is overrated

-The CMC's cutie marks are actually good.

-Celestia is better than Luna

-2012 was a pretty decent year for the fandom. It was no better than any other year.

-2013 was actually not bad for the show. It wasn't worse than any other year.

-EQG is equally as good as FIM

-Alicorn OCs are pretty good

-Alicorn Twilight was nothing to rage about

-The fandom is not dying

-Season 3 was good

-Discovery Family is a horrible tv channel

-Earth ponies are the best race.

• Brohoof 6

Personally, some of those opinions seems more popular than unpopular. You'd be surprise when I made a thread similar to "Rarity is best pony" many agreed she was beyindnsome shallow fashionista. Plus, there are a loooot of Earth Pony people.

Um....I'd say these are unpopular topics:

-The Show should end soon.

-Twilight should be new ruler of Equestria

- All of the Mane 6 should be alicorns

- Sunset Shimmer should return and stay in Equestria

-I hate [insert any character here]

• Brohoof 3

One I have heard from some before is that they don't like the music in FiM. I was very surprised by this when I heard it from some because the music in the show is fantastic. 

Another unpopular opinion is one that I actually hold and that is that the EQG movies should not exist, even though they are good. Yeah, bit of a clusterbuck of an opinion, I know.

• Brohoof 2

One unpopular opinion I heard of was that the show was objectively mediocre, another one was that the animation was bad. Two of which I kinda agree with.

Edited by 3bode
  • Brohoof 1

One I have heard from some before is that they don't like the music in FiM. I was very surprised by this when I heard it from some because the music in the show is fantastic. 

Another unpopular opinion is one that I actually hold and that is that the EQG movies should not exist, even though they are good. Yeah, bit of a clusterbuck of an opinion, I know.

It has become an acquired taste for me. When I first heard them singing I was cringing. 

One unpopular opinion I heard of was that the show was objectively mediocre, another one was that the animation was bad.
If I'm to be honest show is decent but animation has errors.

Also some of my unpopular (I think) opinions:

• Pinkie Pie is most annoying pony to be ever conceived by creative mind (okay, maybe second most annoying)
  • Many of the breaks from reality, especially when it comes to anatomy, are irritating (LEGS OF PONIES DO NOT BEND LIKE THAT)

I'm going to be a little biased on this one (obviously) so don't hate

These are all my opinions:

1. Pinkie Pie might actually be the smartest of them main six (unorthodox but smart)
  2. Pinkie Pie might only be random on purpose and not naturally just to make other's smile 
  3. Chrysalis my not be a bad person but someone doing what must be done to save her race
  4. The crystal heart may originally be owned by the Changeling's and possibly there old source of food
  5. The Alicorn Amulet was made by Sombra so he could have the power to match Celestia
  6. Rarity might only be generous so people will owe her favor's she can call on(don't hate)
  7. Fluttershy is shy because she is afraid of hurting people (as when she loose's her temper she does become violent) 
  8. Applejack is more loyal then Rainbow Dash as she is more patient with people and less concerned about herself

That's a few off the top of my head so Please don't hate

Edited by Trottermare Galamane
  • Brohoof 1

tbh, most popular opinions aren't really that unpopular. I'd actually argue that most of them are popular and bandwagon opinions, most of the time with claims that are highly exaggerated to flat-out wrong.

The only one I can agree with is that the love for Background ponies in this fandom feels really excessive

• Brohoof 2

I do not like Bloom and Gloom and I find it to be really really dull.

I would be perfectly fine with the show ending soon.

I don't hate any episode.

The first half of season 5 was just okay.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

-Season 1 is probably my least favorite out of the 5 seasons

-Gilda and Diamond Tiara were redeemed much better than Trixie.

-Rarity and Rainbow Dash get too much hate.

-I didn't really like Slice of Life that much. In fact, I consider it one of the weaker episodes of S5.

-Looking back, Season 3 wasn't that bad.

-Mysterious Mare Do Well isn't even close to the worst episode ever.

-I'm not that big of a fan of background characters or MLP fanon in general.

-I actually like the US theme song.

yee

• Brohoof 2

I don't so much have unpopular opinions as I do just always negative ones. A lot of the show causes me cringe, but I still enjoy it so I keep watching. @.@

So you risk torturing yourself by watching a show about techno coloured ponies?
  • Brohoof 1

If I'm to be honest show is decent but animation has errors.

Also some of my unpopular (I think) opinions:

• Pinkie Pie is most annoying pony to be ever conceived by creative mind (okay, maybe second most annoying)
  • Many of the breaks from reality, especially when it comes to anatomy, are irritating (LEGS OF PONIES DO NOT BEND LIKE THAT)

1. Who's the 1st most annoying character?

2. It's a cartoon. Anything can happen XD

1. Who's the 1st most annoying character? 2. It's a cartoon. Anything can happen XD
  1. I just realised it sounded like I was saying she's 2nd most annoying character in the show. But in the show she is #1. From other media it would be  Olaf (from Frozen) or Jar-Jar Binks (not from Frozen XD )
  2. Doesn't mean I don't find that irritating. Just because anything can happen does not mean it should.
  • Brohoof 1

• RainbowDash is worst pony
  • FleetFoot is best Wonderbolt
  • Spike is hilarious
  • Starlight Glimmer and Tirek were best viliians