Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unpopular opinions about MLP?

JeyWiz

Well, I'm fairly sure I have some unpopular opinions:

- I think Fluttershy is annoying more often than endearing.

- Magical Mystery Cure is well-written episode.

- The CMC's cutie marks are awesome and suit them perfectly.

- EQG is awesome and I hope Sunset will make a cameo in the show itself.

- I don't like the Cadance/Shining Armor baby subplot.

• Brohoof 1

-Season 3 was a great season with a lot of classics and only 2-3 duds

-I'm not sure exactly why Vinyl Scratch has such a huge following. I always found her a little boring.

-Magical Mystery Cure was a fantastic episode and aside from being rushed, I don't see why it was so maligned.

-Applejack is best Earth Pony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

• Party of one is one of the worst episodes is the series.

• Prince BlueBlood was HILARIOUS, too bad he didn't come back.

• "unpopular opinions" about Twilicorn, (whatever if it's positive or not) are now popular opinions.

• Trixie was an underdeveloped character I feel I they decided to keep her in the show because she was Starlight Glimmer's new friend.

• Thorax is bland.

oh yea i also forgot to mention i think it wouldve been cooler for twilight to had been a earth pony

it would be nice to really hon in on the term "friendship is magic" by having her magic come from the love of her friends and not her horn

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, Sunset Shimmer's "redemption arc" feels like it wasn't even an arc at all. Turns into a demon, almost hurting a TON of people, and then getting defeated is a redemption arc? Seems kinda rushed in my eyes.

Edited by BeepThePony
Used the wrong "Arc"-
  • Brohoof 1

Moments ago, BeepThePony said:

Honestly, Sunset Shimmer's "redemption ark" feels like it wasn't even an ark at all. Turns into a demon, almost hurting a TON of people, and then getting defeated is a redemption ark? Seems kinda rushed in my eyes.

eh? i mean she kinda had to prove herself as a good person in the second movie and still did some not morally good stuff. she had a lot more time to think on her actions. i will say her as a character reveal was rushed but i think her redemption arc was not

starlights on the other hand? she had a good character reveal but a bad redemption arc

7 minutes ago, 75ponii said:

eh? i mean she kinda had to prove herself as a good person in the second movie and still did some not morally good stuff. she had a lot more time to think on her actions. i will say her as a character reveal was rushed but i think her redemption arc was not

starlights on the other hand? she had a good character reveal but a bad redemption arc

That is true, Starlight had so much potential to be a good character. If the redemption arc wasn't so rushed, she would probably be one of my faves honestly. 

Kinda ruined it for me though you know? Lol

14 minutes ago, BeepThePony said:

Honestly, Sunset Shimmer's "redemption ark"

I don’t want to, but I’m being PHYSICALLY COMPELLED to say that it’s “arc”.

”Ark” is a boat. “Arc” in storytelling refers to the rise and fall of a story element.

Moments ago, ShadODerp said:

I don’t want to, but I’m being PHYSICALLY COMPELLED to say that it’s “arc”.

”Ark” is a boat. “Arc” in storytelling refers to the rise and fall of a story element.

aH! I didn't even realize that mistake! Sorry! :rarity:

Pony Life is a lot better than S9 :oh_golly:

28 minutes ago, BeepThePony said:

Honestly, Sunset Shimmer's "redemption arc" feels like it wasn't even an arc at all. Turns into a demon, almost hurting a TON of people, and then getting defeated is a redemption arc? Seems kinda rushed in my eyes.

Ehhhh, that's not her redemption arc, that's just the end of the first movie. Rainbow Rocks was literally an entire movie dedicated to giving her a redemption arc

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Megas said:

Ehhhh, that's not her redemption arc, that's just the end of the first movie. Rainbow Rocks was literally an entire movie dedicated to giving her a redemption arc

That is true, but like 75ponii said, she still did some not very morally good stuff in the movie. It was rushed in some aspects, but I could give it the benefit of the doubt. She did help stop The Dazzlers to prove she was a good person.

Now, I'm not sure if all of these are technically unpopular, but I've seen enough people in the fandom in opposition to these points that I consider them so.

I do not like non-pony characters

I don't like the student six

I wasn't a huge fan of The Last Problem

I don't like shipping the mane six together

Cozyglow should've been reformed

Cloudsdale is the best cannon location

Pegasi are the best type of pony

Unicorns are overrated

• Brohoof 2

- I think this idea of Pinkie Pie having a personality disorder is dumb. Pikamena is not an evil side of pinkie, PIKAMENA DIANNE PIE IS HER GIVEN NAME.

- I agree with @Landi72 CozyGlow deserved better, they have completely ruined her for me.

- I believe Fluttershy is the most loved of the mane six while Rainbow Dash is the most popular meanwhile Rarity is the least liked out of the mane six while AJ is the least popular.

- Most ships are dumb, sometimes the fandom will ship two characters just for standing next to eachother or will ship just because they only have ONE thing in common ( example: FlutterMac).

- I don't like Discord as much as the others like him and he is probably the most overrated male character of the series.

SugerMac is better than MarbleMac FlutterMac and CherriMac combined 

Starlight Glimmer is a more developed character that Sunset Shimmer. Sunset needed more character development she should've at least have one episode in FIM.

People call characters like AppleJack boring, but praise characters like Derpy Hooves, it's killing me! 

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

Gabby is one of the worst and bland characters ever put into the show.

The movie should not have been acknowledged as canon.

Sea ponies are dumb. 

Tanks for the Memories is not great, but not as bad as most make it out to be.

Cadence is overrated.

Pharynx is underrated.

Fame and Misfortune is the worst episode in the show. 

Season 7 is the best season (minus Fame and Misfortune of course). 

Chrysalis should have been redeemed.

Starright glimmer is a Mary Sue. 

And last but not least;

There should have been an entire episode dedicated to why pizza is the ultimate life form.

• Brohoof 1