Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are there no episodes with Celestia or Cadence as the lead role?

GagiePie

This has bugged me, we have had 5 seasons and yet NO Celestia or Cadence episodes! I'd like more Luna episodes but she has had her own, Celestia and Cadence have only ever been plot devices to start episodes or keep a character in check. People actually have made a meme about Celestia being a troll because of all the task that she has givin Twilight but I really don't like that. We need an episode were we can see both of these characters true colors shine. I'd love to see more joking bickering going on between Celestia and Luna, heck, why not have an episode where the two fight and our mane six try to fix the fight, that can give us our first episode where Celstia was actually one of the main characters. I don't really count "Threes a Crowd" as a Cadence episode because Discord was the main focus and Cadence was really just a supporting character or side character. What do you think a good Celestia episode would be about ad do you think we'll ever get one? 

I'd love to see a Celestia episode that delved into the history of equestria. More about her relationship with Luna, anything about her parents, maybe something with Starswirl? (Why you gonna mention him a million times and not explain him or give him an episode Hasbro?) But honestly any kind of Celestia episode would suit me. I want to like her, I really do, I think she has potential, they're just not showing it. As for cadence? Hopefully we'll get something if / when she has that baby that was teased, some kind of family troubles episode. Sure, maybe a little dark, but they've handled topics like death and wars before on the show and made them somewhat light-hearted and kid friendly, I'm sure they could do the same with this.

This would be interesting, but I'm just not sure how it would play out.

I think this is mainly due to the fact that episodes (with the exception of Slice of Life) pretty much are required to center around (1) one of the Mane Six, (2) Spike, or (3) the CMC, or (4) a combination of the above.

I only need 2 types of Celestia episodes in my life and then I'm complete:

1. We definitely need a serious episode with her and some backstory, and show some of her flaws that may not be so obvious at first. I do see Celestia as a very deep character capable of some impactful scenes.

2. A more laid back episode about how she keeps from being bored. And not just because of the whole "prankster Celestia" thing, but because she actually has been shown doing things just for the fun of it and enjoying some wild situations.

It's probably because Celestia and Cadence are a bit low on the fan popularity of things. If you see the ponies shown nowadays it's just some serious pandering now. Luna was more popular around the three and had her own episode that made no sense and made an appearance in all the CMC dream related episodes.

Before looking at this topic title, I never realized how much I want a Celestia and Luna centered episode, mostly about their childhood, though...

Cadence though? Eh, idk...maybe. XD

You might like the "Journal of the Two Sisters", by Amy Keating Rogers.

• Brohoof 1

Celestia would benefit from some character development. Really, outside of the comics she hasn't been given the attention she deserves. I believe that they don't want to delve into too much info on her, but at the same time...outside of her younger years is there much that could be shown?

As for Cadance she definitely needs something. Really, it seems like the Siege of the Crystal Empire comic arc has given her the best opportunity to shine. She a legit character, but I have a feeling the show writers don't know what to do with her and have to balance her with the other main stars.

I'd really like to see something with Celestia. She's so poorly developed that all we basically know is that she's basically a god. She's just a thin character, and I hope that we'll get some more episodes with her in S6, perhaps in the premier

For being the mane character of an episode, even Luna hasn't gotten that; All of her big roles have still had twilight, the mane six, or the CMC as the true central figure with her in a co-starring role, even in do princesses dream of magical sheep or luna eclipsed.

So I think cadence has gotten just as much of a role as Luna in Three's a crowd and A canterlot wedding. For Celestia though, Yeah, she really needs an episode for her.