Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you experienced any bullying for being a brony?

Ed Lyons

The whole concept of bullying someone because he/she watches a cartoon show sounds pretty silly to me, sadly some particular individuals bully others for just about every possible thing that exists in this universe.

These bullies desperately try to find an excuse to justify bullying, but it is still bullying plain and raw, and as far as I know in most cases bullying has yet to accomplish anything remotely beneficial.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

No i haven't been bullied for liking it but that's because no one knows that i like it except for my family and i'm quiet and not very open about it. I might get some negativity if i put a pony avatar on my PSN profile although they're still not available to buy.

Yes, a little... In middle school (Special School for Blind/Visually Impaired people) almost from everybody who wasn't blind in this school. But fortunately for me it's only the past, now I'm in much better Hisgh School where nobody cares about that I'm a brony.

Edited by Yarishia

When I was in fourth grade, there was this guy. I'm not going to mention his real name, but let's call him Micheal. Micheal would tell me that MLP is a little girl's show and that I shouldn't watch it. He didn't hate on me for MLP, but he picked on everyone for small things. He was a bully in general, but by fifth grade he was much nicer and fun to hang out with. This is the closest to being bullied for liking MLP, but I wouldn't really call it bullying because it wasn't that strong. However, I was still open about MLP, and a lot of people were surprised and disturbed so I decided that I've been taking to many risks with my openness and then I started to hide it.

Nobody knows I'm a brony..........yet.

Well try to keep it in, don't follow what I did.

Edited by gamecubeguy214

No one outside my family and a few close friends know, but I try to keep my bronyhood secret because already my school is kinda ghetto so I know I would probably get more trouble than I should.

Edited by Treeclimbyou

I got bullied on Youtube for being a Brony, but i didnt get bullied just for being one, i got bullied only after defending other Bronys.

But it didnt change anything really.

And now i just stay away from any hate.

I also got hated on, after i uploaded " Antibronies suck " , that was the best.  :lol:

Never directly, usually through their gossips,

I feel it would be dangerous for them to confront me directly seeing as how I'm stronger and taller than any one of them ,

that... and I've been known to not take insults lightly. My pride is the worst part of me ;_;

Edited by Vulcan

Well luckily for me I never had to go through high school being a brony and dealing with all that HS drama crap, in college no one real cares what your into in my experience. Yah my friend teases me about it once in awhile but I do they same with the stuff hes into, neither of us really care lol. The only bullying I have ever seen has been online but really now, they usually just want the attention. 

Not really, by the time I became a brony I was in college, people may be a bit weirded out there, but I can't really see bullying occur often if at all in my college. Plenty of other people are way more overt about stuff like this and some of them are quite popular with the classes I see them in. To bully at that stage is pretty pitiful, looked down upon among most of my peers(Generalization maybe, but just from my observations/experiences).

Well, recently I did have an incident on another online forum where a pegasister out of all people started clobbering me every time I expressed my opinion about S4 episodes. She's six years older than I am, when I said "I liked that episode," she would call me garbage. I said some episode wasn't too great, she'd call me trash.

Of course, that wasn't our first meeting on the forum either. Ever since she first saw me posting, she clearly showed off she doesn't like me.

I don't know if you would call this bullying but I got into a huge argument today with my grandmother over my new Rainbow Dash plush. She took offense to the fact that her mane and tail are rainbow colored and for those who don't know the gay pride flag is rainbow colored. Did I mention she is incredibly homophobic? From there it just spiraled out of control and some pretty terrible things were said on her part. :(

But luckily the new plush I bought accepts even the hardest of hugs.

The plush is pictured below and it is a 4DE plush.

post-36634-0-82488100-1452750904_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My mom always loudly complains when I try to play any Mlp songs without using my headphones. Another time, I wore a brony shirt to an art class, and some of the parents of the younger people in the class were like, "well, I would never wear something like that." I don't know if I'd call that bullying, but hey, who cares anyway. The all those people are opposites of me in general- I'm not surprised that they sometimes sneer at stuff I like.

My friends tease me, but that's all in good fun. I'm not open about it to anyone else, nor do I plan to be. Trivial stuff like my adoration towards a kids show isn't really important to them.

Yes. My family used to bully me for it. My stepdad never went further than just saying that I was a "girly-boy," but my brother used to want to physically harm me just for watching the show.

Can't bully someone for being a brony if ya don't know in the first place, I'm a closet brony, so only a few people know, and I'm the one who let them know, and they're normally very trusted friends who I don't mind knowing because they don't give af.

OvO

She took offense to the fact that her mane and tail are rainbow colored and for those who don't know the gay pride flag is rainbow colored.

And that's actually part of the reason why people wrote Rainbow Dash as a lesbian in fan fictions (along with the fact that she's a tomboy). Anyway, she got offended over Dashie having a rainbow mane? If a rainbow were to appear outside, would she be offended by that?

And that's actually part of the reason why people wrote Rainbow Dash as a lesbian in fan fictions (along with the fact that she's a tomboy). Anyway, she got offended over Dashie having a rainbow mane? If a rainbow were to appear outside, would she be offended by that?

The rainbow was a gift from god it's not offensive is what she would say. Then she would go on a tirade about how man has corrupted such a beautiful thing blah blah blah.