Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I hate Discovery Family

JeyWiz

I just hate how at the end of 2014, the hub network had to be replaced with this awful channel called "Discover Family". Here are reasons why I despise this disgusting, boring and stupid channel so much:

1: The Hub had better promos for the episodes like Equestria Girls (not the human one), Adventure ponies etc, while Discovery Family often has plain boring promos. The worst part is that not all the episodes got promos, which is why the ratings are decreasing.

2: The Hub acknowledged the fandom. They loved us and they enjoyed airing shows for both the bronies and the girls. Discovery Family however, pretends that we don't even f**king exist. They don't give shoutouts to the fandom or anything. It's like all they care about is the money and not the fans.

3: The Hub had better shows like Dan Vs. Now, with this utterly apalling channel, it only has very few cartoons and mostly boring documentaries about things no one gives a crap about.

4: Employees of the Hub were laid off. I mean seriously! Thousands of people were fired all because of a new crappy tv channel.

What do you think of Discovery Family and how it tragically replaced the Hub network?

• Brohoof 2

*facepalm*

You're joking? Right?

Discovery Family never replaced The Hub. It was just a relaunch. Same thing how Discovery Kids was relaunched as The Hub.

And when did you hear that The Hub employes were fired...? I'm pretty sure after the rebrand, The Hub employes were allowed to continure working at Discovery Family.

I think you're exaggerating this a bit.

• Brohoof 15

While I would agree that Discovery Family's promotions are terrible compared to the Hub's, and for a while the show's future was in doubt, the fact is that MLP is still doing good and the loss of the Hub has had little to no impact on it.

The Hub failed because Hasbro made a number of poor programming decisions and had lofty, virtually impossible expectations regarding the channel's ratings growth. In addition, Hasbro's need for self-promotion drove prospective advertisers away from the network, and a virtually complete lack of talent development and original programming that wasn't franchise-based or acquired from another studio meant that the channel had no future.

Discovery instead seems like they're just burning Hasbro's agreement with the channel off until they move to other channels (the new Transformers show is on Cartoon Network), but to be honest, how many of us actually watch the show on Discovery Family?

The HUB will become the Discovery Family Channel  as a joint venture of Discovery Communications and Hasbro, with Discovery Communications taking a 60% ownership position in the new channel and Hasbro’s stake decreasing to 40%.  The network,  which has  grown from nearly 56 million homes in 2010 to approximately 70 million today, will be consolidated and managed under the Discovery portfolio of networks.  meaning discovery is calling the shots not hasbro on programing because hasbro gave up some ownership of the channel to partner with discovery

I just hate how at the end of 2014, the hub network had to be replaced with this awful channel called "Discover Family". Here are reasons why I despise this disgusting, boring and stupid channel so much:

1: The Hub had better promos for the episodes like Equestria Girls (not the human one), Adventure ponies etc, while Discovery Family often has plain boring promos. The worst part is that not all the episodes got promos, which is why the ratings are decreasing.

2: The Hub acknowledged the fandom. They loved us and they enjoyed airing shows for both the bronies and the girls. Discovery Family however, pretends that we don't even f**king exist. They don't give shoutouts to the fandom or anything. It's like all they care about is the money and not the fans.

3: The Hub had better shows like Dan Vs. Now, with this utterly apalling channel, it only has very few cartoons and mostly boring documentaries about things no one gives a crap about.

4: Employees of the Hub were laid off. I mean seriously! Thousands of people were fired all because of a new crappy tv channel.

What do you think of Discovery Family and how it tragically replaced the Hub network?

Time to respond:

1. Now this I do agree with, the Discovery Family promos are usually bad, but can you explain which MLP Episodes 'Equestria Girls' and 'Adventure Ponies' are? .-.

2. I've never heard of the hub shouting out to the fandom.

3. Documentaries? What shows are you seeing? Most of the shows that are not cartoons are either like kid-friendly reality shows, game shows, and regular TV shows.

3. Source pls thnx

I wouldn't say tragically, I'd say more of a minor discomfort.

• Brohoof 2

My responses:

1. Be happy that they're still showing promos for MLP

2. Hey, they still care about the fans by keeping the show on air.

3. Even The Hub aired live action movies, and sitcoms at night that you probably didn't care about.

4. Where's your source for this?

Edited by Flow
  • Brohoof 1

He may be referring to the ad that they never got to release.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - The Hub Bron…:

There were a few April Fools pranks that may count as well, depending on how you look at it. The Equestrian Girls promo that was sent to EqD was also a promo, and had a shoutout too.

There were people laid off, though I highly doubt it was thousands.

Is it fair to say that MLP is the only thing keeping Discovery Family afloat?

I'm not sure some Bronies say that MLP is the only thing that keeps stuff like Hasbro or Discovery Family alive...

While yeah, MLP is probably Discover Family's most popular show, I honestly doubt the network would suddenly shut down if it went.

*facepalm*

You're joking? Right?

Discovery Family never replaced The Hub. It was just a relaunch. Same thing how Discovery Kids was relaunched as The Hub.

And when did you hear that The Hub employes were fired...? I'm pretty sure after the rebrand, The Hub employes were allowed to continure working at Discovery Family.

I think you're exaggerating this a bit.

Okay, i guess i was going over the top that time. Sorry.

4. Where's your source for this?

I saw it on Equestria Daily: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/10/the-hubs-employees-apparently-laid-off.html

Time to respond:

1. Now this I do agree with, the Discovery Family promos are usually bad, but can you explain which MLP Episodes 'Equestria Girls' and 'Adventure Ponies' are? .-.

2. I've never heard of the hub shouting out to the fandom.

3. Documentaries? What shows are you seeing? Most of the shows that are not cartoons are either like kid-friendly reality shows, game shows, and regular TV shows.

3. Source pls thnx

I wouldn't say tragically, I'd say more of a minor discomfort.

Adventure ponies is a promo for the show that appeared on the hub: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GmfrExZZ0Ow

Equestria Girls (not the humanized one) is also a parody of California Girls also made by the hub: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pTPqjKk_xCo

This is my source. I saw it on EqD: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/10/the-hubs-employees-apparently-laid-off.html

• Brohoof 1

He may be referring to the ad that they never got to release.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic - The Hub Bron…:

There were a few April Fools pranks that may count as well, depending on how you look at it. The Equestrian Girls promo that was sent to EqD was also a promo, and had a shoutout too.

There were people laid off, though I highly doubt it was thousands.

That would have been amazing to release! Can you say 'massive shoutout' or what?!

It is technically the same channel just under a different name, but yes things have indeed changed on there and not exactly for the better. These changes though have been happening even before the re branding so it can't be blamed solely on the re branding. Changes like the amount of cartoons decreasing dramatically with them now being constrained to mostly early morning to mid afternoon blocks with MLP being the only notable cartoon on when the HUB once had Dan Vs as well as some classic cartoons like Batman the Animated Series and Superman the Animated Series. What incentive does someone have to get Discovery Family? There are MLP episodes all over the internet and that is the only reason I can think of why someone would want that channel. I have it, but only due to it being part of a package deal.

Equestria Daily also claimed that Hasbro destroyed a fan letter from a 10 year old using Tweets as "evidence".

I doubt Equestria Daily is always a reliable source.

The information comes from someone from The Hub itself.