Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fandom q+a Silly Filly Studios Q&A

Simon

What are some of your other hobbies outside of My Little Pony?

hah, we were just talking about questions like this, actually. :Y

Personally MLP doesn't even count as a hobby for me anymore. I'm so far removed from it, I haven't watched it since the end of season 3.

I do a lot of personal art in my free time. I run a webcomic-style askblog featuring my robot girl among various other OCs. I sometimes draw nsfw as well (which I'm not shameful of at all because I'm trash).

I've experimented a bit with game design here and there, nothing substantial. I've had a small platformer on the backburner for a long while.

• Brohoof 3

do you like celtic music?

Yes, but  haven't listened to anything in particular.  I like music that mixes genres such as symphonic rock and electro swing.

What was the most random question asked tonight?

Any question I answered tonight.

• Brohoof 2

What was the most random question asked tonight?

That one thing about Travis's (soundrez's) pie.

Any words of advice for people who want to go into this field?

Practice. Practice practice practice. Push through your self-doubt. Make contacts. Find friends who work on similar stuff. Practice. P.r.a.c.t.i.c.e. There is no born expert, just remember that.

Are you going to make another one?

another what? what's another? What is another, really?

• Brohoof 2

So StarSign will be 20+ minutes long?

Negative.

We don't know how long it'll be, but 20 minutes for a single cartoon isn't easy, and if we do what we want to with it 20 minutes at a time won't be feasible.

We'll actually go more into detail about what it is next week, so be sure to catch the livestream on Youtube :Y

• Brohoof 1

Any words of advice for people who want to go into this field?

If you look back on the first few pages of the thread we replied to a lot of these kind of questions.  Basically, in the words of shia labeouf, just do it!  Start drawing, start recording something, start singing, anything!  It's all going to come with practice and hard work.  That and lots of studying other people.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks you guys for answering my questions.  :squee:  Hope you guys have a great rest of the night.  :)

Thank you and everyone else for being interested in our work!  Now we shall resume slaving away working at our computers for the rest of the night.

• Brohoof 3

Thanks you guys for answering my questions.  :squee:  Hope you guys have a great rest of the night.  :)

Thanks to you and everyone! We had a lovely time. :) Thank you as well for donating so much to charity tonight!

What is your favourite pirates of the caribbean movie?

1 was the best of the four but we'll see how five turns out.

• Brohoof 3

Well, it's 8 PM which means the Q&A and giveaway are officially at an end. <3

I can't express my thanks enough to everybody from Silly Filly Studios for coming out and spending some time with us, it was an absolute delight to chat with you guys today. <3

Some things of interest, in terms of posts, this was our most successful Q&A to day being the first thread to hit the 200 post mark.  And to make things even more awesome, we have currently raised $1,107.26 for the BC Children's Hospital!  Remember that while the Snowdrop plush giveaway is over, we'll be taking donations up until December 19th, so there's still plenty of time to give!

Also be sure to watch for our next Fandom Q&A announcement, and come hang out with us every week for a staff, member, or fandom Q&A!

The winner of the Snowdrop plush will be contacted soon!

Thanks again for participating in tonight's Q&A everybody!

• Brohoof 5