Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Comedians You Can't Stand!

PonyFunk

Two that come to mind are Demetri Martin and Mike Birbiglia. Their comedic style and delivery I find unbelievably bland and uninteresting. I'd rather watch Ashton Kutcher as Kelso from That 70's Show.

Comedians Jeff Dunham and Dane Cook get ton of criticism for being incredibly unfunny and that their humor is far too immature to handle. However, I get more entertainment out of them than Martin and Birbiglia. 

What comedians drive you bonkers with their un-hilarity?

I can't stand Jimmy carr and his un-funny re-used in every single show overrated 'jokes.' Sorry, I just hate how popular he is in comparison to how funny he is. Clive anderson as well, only a 'comedian' by luck. Used to host who's line is it anyway (the english version) wherein even the cards written for him weren't funny. So when he's on a panel show as not the host, like on mock the week for example, he's got nothing. No jokes, no prepared material, no good improv skills. Hell, at one point as a guest on MTW he even suggests doing it "Without that funny bit" and then giggles at his own non-joke.

Dane Cook. I have watched two or three of his comedy specials and I just don't get it. I relaly don't understand what makes him funny. His jokes, his delivery of said jokes, it is jsut painful to watch.

One of his jokes was this one time (paraphrasing horribly here):

"I had an atheist friend and I asked him, don't you believe in god? He answer No, I believe that we are one with nature and when we die, we become a beautiful tree. So when he dies, I am going to cut down that tree and make him, into a bible!"

The whole time after that I was just like "Uhhhh......lol?" That joke was horrendously bad. 

Another is, of course, Adam Sandler. How that guy even has a career at this point is baffling to me. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Sandler. Past and present 

Chris Rock 

Frankie Boyle 

Jimmy Kimmel 

Joan Rivers 

Russell Brand 

Edited by Phill

The ones I can't take are the ones that scream in their movies all the time, like Adam Sandler, Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy. Okey, Eddie Murphy does the voice of Donkey really well, but his comedic glory ends with Shrek according to me.

• 2 weeks later...

There's this Swedish comedian called Magnus Betnér, I don't have an issue with his jokes apart from the fact that he's boring, however his opinions are somewhat dumb and it really annoys me.

• Brohoof 1

I don't exactly have the greatest experience with this kind of thing, but a high school colleague wanted me to listen to Dane cook on his mp3 player. Maybe it simply wasn't my kind of humour, but I remember it being more annoying than funny.

I can stand all of them, because if I don't like them, then I don't watch them. It's different for you, I suppose.

Edited by Iltis

Seth McFarlene if a comedian cartoonist counts. I also don't find Jimmy Kimmel that funny though he can make one or two skits good. Also Russell Peters, I don't know why but he's just not funny.

Also Ted was bad.

Edited by cider float

It's hard to pick one, but ones that use racial slurs and cussing are ones I don't laugh at. I have nothing against cussing at all, a random s**t or a f**k here and there is fine. HOWEVER if a single sentence has like four or five cuss words in it. I just hear the cuss words. The joke doesn't come across to me and I'll never get it.

Side note:

I rarely ever laugh at stand up comedians to begin with, I find a lot of their stories interesting. Especially George Carlin, he made people laugh yes, but I find him to be a very intriguing person to listen to. He's like a modern day philosopher to me.

@@cider float,

Also Ted was bad.

I agree to this, but I have to admit the CG for the Ted character was AMAZING! :o

I really don't find Sarah Silverman funny at all. Frankie Boyle is also pretty bad. It just seems like they think that the more offensive the joke it the funnier it is. Offensive jokes CAN be funny but it doesn't make it automatically funny.

Edited by Conspiracy.