Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Who's the best rapper alive?

Gambit

Tech N9ne is without a doubt one of the most skilled in the game right now and a good chunk of the people signed to rhymesayers are amazing (brother ali is my favorite)

Eminem is kinda overrated. Everything after recovery feels like he's just yelling at you and the only thing I'm really into from him is his old stuff.

Parappa the rapper XD

Seriously though ,

I believe that there is no best rapper rather, best "rappers" ,

one for flow , beat, speed, and depth, and whatever else may be a defining skill in such a profession. :)

In my case, I love the guys from ERB, they may be cheesy but they're very funny XD

• Brohoof 1

Tech N9ne is without a doubt one of the most skilled in the game right now and a good chunk of the people signed to rhymesayers are amazing (brother ali is my favorite)

Eminem is kinda overrated. Everything after recovery feels like he's just yelling at you and the only thing I'm really into from him is his old stuff.

Saying something is overrated is overrated..

• Brohoof 1

It's gotta be K.dot (Kendrick Lamar) he has such a wide variety of styles to project different feelings. (Ex. in "m.a.a.d city", he has this wacky, voice cracking, crazy voice that shows his passion to a place or subject... but in songs like "Bitch dont kill my vibe" or "i" he has this light nasally voice.)  On top of that, his flow, in my opinion, is some of the best. He can also cover issues like racism or depression so well unlike any other rappers or other artists period. Just look at "for free?"  

I really like threads like this... I had no idea so many people liked hip hop in the MLP forums  B) 

• Brohoof 2

I'm going to date myself here...but I still feel that Rakim is the greatest rapper alive.  He's old-school and not active anymore...but you young folks might find that you enjoy his art, if you educated yourself on his contributions.  Give him a listen and you'll undoubtedly see how influential he was to everyone in the game from Nas to Common, Tupac to Eminem.  :)

That said...Pinkie Pie can spit fyah!!!

• Brohoof 2

He's by far not the greatest, but i feel that Macklemore gets waaay too much shit because of some of his singles. Yes, his popular songs make people categorize him as a meme rapper, but give his full-length album a chance. Ten Thousand Hours, Wings, Thin Line, Starting Over, and Cowboy boots. All great songs. He spits what he feels and has weight to his flow.

He covers his thoughts of America, consumerism, Drug use, and life in general. You can tell he loves hip-hop and what it stands for. So don't let the Billboard charts manipulate what you think of an artist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxZPNXRT2fQ&list=PLQ5OciHKz4J_f_vE4Skf-EXLJxgisFP3I

• Brohoof 1

@

I totally agree about Macklemore.  "Jimmy Iovine", in particular, is absolute genius.  That said, I'm waiting until I hear his next album before I pass judgement on him.  For now, his body of work isn't large enough for me to definitively say how I feel about him.

• Brohoof 1

Mos Def, Tyler, The Creator, Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q, Nas, Jay Z, Ice-T, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Xzibit, Snoop Dogg, Warren G... so many choices.

To be honest, I would say Nas is my favorite rapper still alive.

NasIllmatic.jpg

:wub:

Edited by Guest

People aren't gonna find me very interesting with this reply, but I'd say Mic The Microphone.

Sure, tell me that sounds cheesy, but you look fro brony music for six months and find nothing better than the set we've got.

And that guy that makes music videos for the really horrible fanfictions.

Edited by Lightbulb

Sorry, I gotta show my roots...

The best rapper ever heard is LL Cool J.  Always was, always will be.  'Nuff said.

B)