Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Amazing Characters in Season 5

Glike

Does anyone feel Season 5 has introduced some of the best, most memorable characters of the series? I mean, I don't remember another time when so many characters became fan favorites in one season.

In my opinion, some of the best characters this season:

-Starlight Glimmer (Sure she's a pretty "normal" villain/character, but I think that adds to her appeal).

-Sugar Belle

-Tree Hugger

-Many beloved background characters got some pretty good personalities and quirks in episode 100 (even though that episode proved to be one of the most split in the fandom).

-MINUETTE!!! :3

-Moondancer

-Sassy Saddles (I loved her even when she was jerk-ish, but now that she's kinder makes it all the better)

-Marble and Limestone Pie

-And most recently, Rara. :3

Not to mention there's been dozens of notable new background ponies. Most notably the ones in Canterlot Boutique and the hedgehog filly from Crusaders of the Lost Mark.

Finally, even already established characters got some pretty good development. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, the CMC definitely, and I think it's safe to say Applejack (although hardly the focus) has had her best moments this season.

The relationship between AJ and Rarity has really come so far, and how can you dislike her newfound cousinhood with Pinkie Pie?

With all that said, although this season may have had its low points, I believe it's one of the best for character development and establishing new characters.

What are your opinions?

• Brohoof 2

Now that I think about it, season 5 did introduce some pretty memorable characters.

My favorite is Starlight Glimmer.

• Brohoof 3

With all that said, although this season may have had its low points, I believe it's one of the best for character development and establishing new characters.

The characters are what made this season so good (so far)!

• Brohoof 2

Marble Pie was pretty amazing. It might not seem so at first glance, but this minor character managed to BEAT MAUD AND PINKIE PIE in a favorite character poll consisting of over 10,000 people! All due to her characterization in "Hearthbreakers" (and some ship tease with Big Mac). All she said was said "Mmm-hmmm." I guess it goes to show you that brevity is the soul of wit.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/11/poll-results-which-pie-sister-is-best.html#idc-cover

Edited by Lyra's Pants

Don't forget about Orchard Blossom! (May count as half a character only, but she DOES count.)

My favorite was Minuette though.

Now that I think about it, season 5 did introduce some pretty memorable characters.

That is so true! This season even introduced the canonical personalities of many background characters that were already there!

• Brohoof 1

Oh man, I never thought of this. You're totally right!

Season 4 had some good characters too like Maud Pie and Coco Pommel, but this season hit out of the park when it came to new characters with characters such as..

- Marble Pie

- Limestone Pie

- Moondancer

- Minuette

- Starlight Glimmer

- Rara

- Tree Hugger

- Sugar Belle

- Double Diamond

- Troubleshoes

All of these characters are great. I'd say Rara, Moondancer, and Minuette are my favorites.