Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was your childhood/youth like?

dyziomon

sure ! yeah, that would be cool

cool if you want you can PM me and we can talk about anything but sometimes it takes time for my respond you know diffrent timezones and all that

right now im focusing on returing to school  and prepering for exams so when i have time i will respond :) 

cool if you want you can PM me and we can talk about anything but sometimes it takes time for my respond you know diffrent timezones and all that

right now im focusing on returing to school  and prepering for exams so when i have time i will respond :)

Sure will! of course i will :)

Back was I was a small child, somebody told me that the world was gonna roll me and I'm not really the sharpest tool in the shed. I saw a girl and she was looking kind of dumb because she had her finger and thumb in the shape on an L on her forehead. I loved Shrek.

I grew up in northern Illinois and had a normal childhood.

I had a close childhood friend and I remember we pretended to be Pokemon trainers in my back yard.

Well I'm re-living my childhood as I didn't really have one growing up. My parents moved around allot until I was about 12, so I never really had the chance to settle in an area and make friends. This sort of left me a bit socially awkward, and even to this day I still find it hard to socially interact, spending hours mulling over everything that I said that day and torturing myself about it. I have two older brothers who took great delight in humiliating me at every turn during my teens, especially in public. My mum openly admitted to me when I was 13 that she hated children, and that included me and my brothers. I would hardly ever see my dad, he was always at work.

I feel like I missed out on a large part of my life that I can't really get back, but what the heck, I'm going to try, but this also brings it's problems. I can now tend to be a bit immature and overly intense if somebody starts to take an interest in me. So if you've had or area having a hard childhood  / youth try to get some help. I'm sure there are plenty of people and ponys here that can lend a listening ear. And just talking about your problems can make such a difference.  If I had the internet when I was growing up I know I'd be a different, more confident person, but I didn't, they hadn't invented it back then. Go on, check out my profile for my age, it may surprise you.

My childhood... hmm..

I was WAY more outgoing as a child. I was popular and had a ton of friends.

We were always moving around, cuz my dad liked to switch companies. We moved nine or ten times.

At some point we started going to a church with a HUGE youth group with tons of cliques, and I became an outcast. From that point on, I turned extremely shy and quiet. I stayed that way throughout high school, and didn't really start recovering until I graduated.

I guess that's the short version. :P

Violent abusive Dad, that's all I want to say there.

Although after leaving him he has started to reform, but yeah Mum ain't goin' back and I don't really forgive him xD

But hey! I played a lot of Pokemon and Sonic XD

• Brohoof 1

Very ordinary childhood. Played outside everyday until dark, ran around the neighborhood. Made stuff up, played with toys, rode bikes, watched cartoons, did homework, recorded movies, had parties, fought with siblings, didn't eat vegetables, had and went to sleepovers, did chores, went on vacations, played sports, played board games, swam, read books, climbed trees, chased cats, got into mischief, got hurt, got stitches. When Nintendo came out I played video games. Then somehow I grew up and everything went to total shit.

Badass, My entire block was a warzone with the good ol' plastic guns. Would trade anything to go back, shit was simple then, no work, no college assignments, just plain old fun; it was back before everyone i used to be friends with  went through the metamorphosis of becoming a pot head in middle school and complete losers by high school. The classic manhunt/ hide and seek type games were the best fun too. Also bikes. Bikes were the greatest thing ever, everyone used to ride around the neighborhood. Now i see kids sitting around on their brand new iphone 6s and their only 8. i didn't have a cell phone until i was at least 13. Kids from today are missing out on a world out there i'd love to go back to. 

I could say i had a troubled childhood, but i can't complain; it helped shape me into the man i am today.

I was very angry, lazy, brash and impatient. I picked fights and started quarrels with everyone because i was very hateful of the world around me and how unfair i felt it was to me. I could not even share this with what little friends i made. I felt cheated because i was decided for, being a kid after all.

In truth, i think the one i was really upset at was myself. I should have adapted instead of trying to force everything to go my way, and i ended up making mistakes that i regret to this day.

But it could've been worse. All in all i enjoyed doing what i did, i wasn't miserable or anything, and i had an overall nurturing environment which allowed me to emerge stronger.

I hope you learned something from it at least.

Now please don't take this the wrong way to those who have been bullied. I used to be the main bully at school. I was just insecure with who I was inside or if I would be bullied myself.

There isn't a day that I go now feeling sorrowful for the people I hurt and what I did. My past is best forgotten but I have since mended relationships with my victims. And for those who were bullied I am sorry that you had to go through that...you guys are the stronger ones. I just wish I was more mature back then...

Now please don't take this the wrong way to those who have been bullied. I used to be the main bully at school. I was just insecure with who I was inside or if I would be bullied myself.

There isn't a day that I go now feeling sorrowful for the people I hurt and what I did. My past is best forgotten but I have since mended relationships with my victims. And for those who were bullied I am sorry that you had to go through that...you guys are the stronger ones. I just wish I was more mature back then...

That is a very mature attitude.

Positives:

1. Went on good trips to places like Disneyland, Scotland, Walt Disney World, etc.

2. Getting excited for field trips.

3. Some playdates and parties.

4. Awesome cartoons.

Negatives:

1. Being noticeably different from other people from 3rd to 5th grade and me being unable to adapt to changes. Especially recess yard change, which was overwhelming for me. Everyone figured out how to play and make new friends while I was walking around feeling hella scared of unwanted social interaction and bullies. Not only that, I saw a guy in the recess yard going around kicking other people, which caused me to stay away from the yard. What made it worse was that there were (insert worst insult ever) who tried to force me onto the recess yard despite my worries. :(

2. 6th grade: Went to a Christian school and thought the quietness would be better than the other school. Turns out, too many bullies. I even ended up throwing rocks at people who were playing dodgeball. Not only that, my intrusive thoughts were at an all time worse. I changed schools and again, I was misunderstood. The only thing keeping me happy during that time was constantly watching episodes of Arthur.

In conclusion, while there were good memories, the bad memories still leave me sour today.

I've had a pretty good childhood so far. My parents split up when I was really young so that didn't bother me, I've gone to good schools and have been near the top of many of my classes. I've had lots of friends too. I have been bullied a bit, but come to think of it, I might've done a bit more bullying than I'm proud of.

My childhood was spent mostly watching TV and on the internet (though primarily Neopets). As for my youth? Well, I'm currently living it... Unfortunately though, it is spent mostly on the internet. I know I should probably go out more often.

• Brohoof 1

I'm fifteen, so I'll just cover early childhood. I was okay, but I wasnt treated awfully well by most. I got teased a lot and was routinely left out of basically everything. That being said, I wasn't too sad most of the time, since I distracted myself with other things, like Pokemon for example. Other than self esteem issues and the bullying/exclusion, I had a very good childhood. My family always had enough money, even when they got divorced.

At the moment things have gotten a little rough. I'm surprised I'm still alive and kicking. I'm getting better, though.