Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite and least favorite games consoles?

Mothra

Which gaming consoles are your faves and least faves?

For me I have to say that the 3ds was a huge deal for me, when they had booths touring at different places to test it out I was blown away with the 3d, even though these days people think nothing of it, back then, playing street fighter on it was amazing! The snes is another one for me, as is the gamecube, both of them have games that are some of my faves from my childhood. Mario kart, Wind waker, hell, even weird ones that were probably awful like this weird Tasmanian devil game I had on the snes.

As for the worst, and I hate to say this...

The N64. It's impossible to use the controller, I still have no idea how Im supposed to hold it despite a friend of mine having no problem at all and ridiculing me for it, I never saw the appeal in most of the games, like golden eye, Banjo Kazooie and Ocarina of time (Still a zelda game I hate)

What are yours? Also, it's just opinions guys. Normally I wouldn't add that, but I feel like I have to protect myself a little from not liking the N64

Favorite - PC, if it counts. It has a high amount of freedom involved when it comes to building a PC, upgrading parts and stoof, plus there's lots of great games, such as Undertale, many of the multiplats play much better on PC, and there's also a high amount of backwards compatibility.

If PC doesn't count, then definitely the Super NES. Tons of great games (including my favorite of all time - Super Mario World), good graphics for it's time, good controller and it's pretty nostalgic to me since I used to play it at my grandfather's house all the time.

Least favorite - Game.com. It was a good concept, but all the games were terrible ports and the screen was hard to look at.

If we're talking about consoles I have, then probably the N64. I don't dislike it, and it really pains me to say this as I'm a Nintendo fanboy and this was once my second favorite console, but I personally feel most of the great games on it haven't aged well due to a lot of them having really dated mechanics (including stuff like Ocarina of Time, SM64 and Goldeneye). I know the PS1's library didn't completely age well either, but I find myself going back to games like the Crash and Spyro trilogies then going back to games like Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. Not to mention the controller for it is just plain awful. I understand you usually don't use all 3 handles, but the analog stick feels really cheaply made and in general it's pretty uncomfortable to hold.

Edited by SuperXMASBrony

My favorite console would have to be the PlayStation 2. It had a lot great games and it had some good replay value to some games.

My least favorite would have to be the Gameboy Advanced. It was fun at the time, but there weren't a lot of games that interested me in my opinion. 

Ummm... either the Game Boy Advance or the SNES. They both have great games :) The only problem with the Game Boy Advance was the screen >.> until the Game Boy Advance SP was released the games were so hard to see >.>

I can't actually think of a bad console I have owned. The Virtual Boy seemed God awful though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjz4bls_gPs

Favorite? Toss up between the Gamecube, PS2, SNES and the Xbox 360, a majority of my all-time favorite games ever were on those consoles

Least favorite? As a huge Nintendo fan, it's probably the N64 which I feel gets a ton more praise than it actually deserves honestly, especially since it shares a lot of problems the Wii U currently has. While it has a ton of great games, some of the greatest and most influential games from Nintendo and Rare(and a 3rd party here and there) even, that's all it really had as its library only has a small amount of good games, much like the Wii U, and severely lacked 3rd party games and any they did get was just a shoddy port of the PS1 game, just like the Wii U, and unlike the Wii U it didn't have decent indie support to fall back on. And don't even get me started on the awful controller

Edited by Megas75

Favorite: Gamecube. So many classic titles I love, although I should also give this honor to the later years of the N64, as it had a lot of top rating games by me, as well. The GCN gets that push as my favorite mainly because of Animal Crossing and Super Smash Bros. Melee - two games that kept me playing for a longggggg time. It also had other really amazing titles such as Paper Mario: TTYD and Twilight Princess.

It was Nintendo only at the beginning of their gimmickry phase that they've been in at such a long time. Gimmicks were completely optional at the time. The controller was left alone, and games could be played normally. The way it should be.

Least Favorite: Wii. Virtual Boy aside - which I never played - this is by far Nintendo's lowest point. Sure, they may have sold like hotcakes, but that is meaningless to me. This system and its games is a great shame to Nintendo.

As I mentioned in the last paragraph before, the GCN era was when Nintendo was starting with gimmickry, the Wii was when they went full-step into it and, while they tried to leave options for non-gimmickry controllers, they did not implement it perfectly, or even really very well. Games like Animal Crossing City Folk forced you to use the Wii Remote, and it was so poorly implemented. A terrible tool to have to use to make patterns, for example. Also a controller which sucks batteries dry faster than anything I've ever known, every time I would turn on the system I needed new batteries. I hated it, I just wanted my corded GCN controller back.

Games: A very disappointing catalog, Animal Crossing City Folk, poorly implemented and forced motion controls aside, was a terrible AC game. Reviewers criticized it for being "more of the same", but it was so much worse than that. It was a lazy game to the core, the features all suffered from this lazy execution. Super Smash Bros. Brawl was just flat out disappointing. The Super Mario Galaxy games, despite the massive undeserved praise they got, were really only good for their orchestrated OST, they do not match up to what set 64 and Sunshine apart from the 2D series, and they also had forced motion controls that added nothing to the games. And then there was the Wii's swan song - Skyward Sword. Not an entirely disappointing game. The motion controls were actually worthwhile for once. There were lots of very neat concepts introduced in the game, a futuristic dungeon for one... the characters were fun, but the game was the first time I actually saw flaws playing a Zelda game. Too much boss repetition (not the story bosses, one that was actually a dungeon boss that came back later for no reason), playing through a dungeon more than once, and the later tasks in the game just felt tacked-on and were a pain in the butt (the tadtones(?)).

The only game that really excelled for me on the Wii was Mario Kart Wii with its bikes, fun tracks, and Wi-Fi. Even still, the Wii U did that just as good.

Edited by Envy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Playstation man, so PS1 and PS2, play most games on these than PS3 & 4, Games do stress me out that why I hardly play much and video game drop off my interests, still like Spyro the dragon, he's kind of my Sonic/Mario/Pokemon.

Can't stand Xbox, all Xboxes.

Favorite: Sega Genesis. I had a NES prior to owning a Sega Genesis, but the Genesis is definitely the one I have the fondest memories of. I still love playing some of those games, like Altered Beast and Streets of Rage 2.

Least Favorite: As a gamer, I've enjoyed every console I've had, but if I had to choose one, I would have to say the Wii U. I got it within the month it came out and there weren't many games available for the console. For some reason, I thought the console was going to have better third-party support than previous Nintendo consoles. I ended up selling it about a year later. To be honest, I sort of regret it now, but it is what it is.

I would say, it depends on the Games that the Console has.

And as far as i have seen, most of the Sega Dreamcast Games are either available on Ps 1 or Ps 2 or Gamecube.

And all the other games...doesnt really interest me, so i would never buy me a Sega Dreamcast.

And i have problems with the Wii controls. I tried for hours to throw a grenade in a Worms Game for Wii, but couldnt find out how  :lol:

So, Sega Dreamcast and Wii are my worst consoles, i think...

My Favorite? I dont know...the Playstation 2 maybe? Thats the Console i spend the most time with.  :)

Favorite: The DS Lite. Had a great library of games, easily portable, could be used to play GBA games and had a decent battery life. Every DS after this one was one tacked on gimmick like a camera after another and the 3DS (to say nothing of the pointless NEW 3DS) almost feels like a step backwards in terms of playability. Because, honestly, who uses the 3D function with how much of a drain it is on the already reduced battery? 

Least Favorite: XBox Family. Nothing against anyone who likes the Xbox, but not only did it's library seem to be filled with almost nothing but shooters, but I could never get a hang of the controller. Plus, it's the only console I know that is apparently so tempermental  as to randomly blue screen for no reason with the infamous Red Ring of Death.

Favorite

Xbox One: A lot may disagree with me, but I do think that the Xbox One is one of the best game consoles ever made. I have purchased the most games on it than I have for any other game system by far and it provides a ton of value and features. The ease of use with the OS makes it so easy to use. It is really is fantastic. Also, the controller is amazing. 

Least Favorite

PS Vita: While it is really powerful, and can play a bunch of classic games, the system itself has a terrible OS and little to no support for new games. Sony has pretty much dropped the ball entirely with it and that is a shame, as it could be amazing. I do wish that they would have made a better version of the XMB for it instead of the bubbles OS. 

• Brohoof 1

Favourite : Xbox One/Xbox 360

Kinda torn between the two but I love them both for their games and controllers :D I've also had nothing but good service                       from Xbox Support. 

Least Favourite : Don't really have one. I don't buy consoles I dislike :D

Favourite: The GameCube. Holy crap were there some fantastic games on that thing. My GameCube library is easily the best game library I have, filled with beautiful classics like paper Mario ttyd, custom robo, Mario party 5, smash bros melee and animal crossing. Plus it's the home to the only pokemon RPGs ever not on a handheld.

Worst: the Wii U. There are so few games worthwhile. Of course there are a few hits, but I doubt any of them will make me want to plug the console back into the TV 10 years later to play again, like the n64, the GBA, the old SNES and the GameCube have already accomplished.

Edited by Celtore

Favorite: PSOne

How much I love this console, there are the most of games from my childhood in it like Crash, SPyro and Destruction Derby 2.

Least Favorite: Every portable console, because they have too small screen for me and I can't play on them.

I see the N64 hate and I weep 

My favorite console is the Nintendo 64. It ruled my childhood, and gave me more great gaming experiences than I can remember. I still have my N64, and play it from time to time. It's a staple of my childhood and holds some of the best games I have ever played.

I don't have a least favorite console. I mean there are consoles I dislike, but those same consoles are ones I have never played so I don't have a least favorite.

I mostly grew up with Nintendo's consoles. I played a LOT with the nintendo 64 and GameCube mostly. I still do play them sometimes and my 3DS games as well. But since a few years, I mostly shifted for the PC.

(Sorry I had to joke a little with the ''Master race'')

Eeeeeh, I don't really feel like any console is better than another. The only thing that matters is their game selection and I can find at least a dozen games on every single console to make it worth the purchase. The hardware is completely irrelevant to me. As long as it plays the games it gets the pass.

my most favorite back in the day was......this! sorry if the image is too big i also heard it is a rare one XD my least favorite was the ps vita it just felt awkward holding it and the buttons were too small for my big hands lol.5l027jN.jpg

So far, my all time favourite console would have to be the PS3 - even though the thing itself wasn't that good, being able to get HD remasters of PS2 games, and being able to play ps1 games on it...it was fucking amazing.

Least favourite would have to be the original Xbox. I just disliked everything about it.

Honourable mentions:

The Sega Dreamcast. That fucking machine was majestic, and the games were fantastic.