Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If a character was to die in MLP who should it be?

cider float

And when I mean that I mean in a meaningful way. Not because you dislike the character.

I feel like at some point Celestia could die either by sacrificing herself or because her time is up and now she has to hand the reins to Twilight Sparkle and the future but the writers implies it in a subtle way because it's still a children's show.

I'd used to think one of the pets, 

namely Tank, but they've already done a similar thing with him in the past. 

In fact, I don't think a Character would die for a lesson on grief

because they've already done a similar plot with tank's hibernation.

So my current vote for this outcome would be... 

*drum roll*

Goldie Delicious, that old lady with the cats and the heirlooms, 

mostly because I subscribe to the head canon that Goldie is Pinkie's Grandmother.

Her passing would not affect the Mane cast very much and as such it would not be another lesson on grief.

However it would open up a plot to pinkie discovering her past,

Maybe she's not really a pie?

and does knowing She's not really related to a family that's loved her for years really change anything?

• Brohoof 1

Okay Rainbow Dash or Twilight Sparkle. If it's Twilight then it's a villain going after her in order to eliminate the princesses/tough magic wielders that would oppose them and it would set the stakes really high as now the strongest fighter and leader of the group is gone.  If it was Rainbow Dash then she would go out in a blaze of glory sacrificing herself in order to save her loved ones, a la sonic Rainboom kick to the head into an explosion.  At least that who'd I choose out of the Mane 6. 

• Brohoof 2

RainbowDash.

Not only does her arrogance irritates me to no end, but she could easily get critically injured in a flying accident.

• Brohoof 3

RainbowDash.

Not only does her arrogance irritates me to no end, but she could easily get critically injured in a flying accident.

Lol you too, huh? Yeah, her superiority complex is extremely annoying.

• Brohoof 2

The problem with these kinds of questions is that they only answer you'll get is from people who always go "x should die cuz I hats dem lol" and rarely find someone with a reasonable explanation

Really there's absolutely no reason for anyone to die at this point, and I can only imagine getting rid of one of the main characters would piss off a majority the fanbase, especially the one of said character

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Princess Luna should die.

Before she threatens the entire world with her dark nightmare forces again, because she still can't talk about her issues with anypony, somepony should put her out of her misery.

I suggest Celestia to kill her. When we finally have a edgy and tragic enough background for her, the writers would probably give her a great episode and the fandom would finally stop to suggest mostly Celestia to die.

Granny Smith, it could be a family episode and even little kids kind of expect gradparents to die so it would not be too shocking.

Celestia to move story forward since it would open story possibilities.

Zecora since it feel the show does not really know how to use her character and the episode could have a plotline involving her home country.

Discord if they want the character to exit before he comes stale and he could have some final moment of redemption of dying to save his friends.

Not that the show will ever kill a non villanous character, expecially after what happened to Tank. And these ideas probbaly could work in a another show but be a bit too dark here after so long of nothing this kind even close to happening.

Well actually the movie could kill of a character since I think it will be a slightly more serious than the show, but still killing characters even in movies if they are animated happens really rarely and they are more serious type of films than MPL film will be. So I do not think it will happen. But I could see a new character, Spike, Twilight, another princess or Discord die (or appear to be dead) and then almost immediately be bought back.

• Brohoof 1

Besides the older characters, I could honestly see Luna sacrificing herself to save the mane six/Celestia/the whole world? Like an ultimate redemption/making up for her past bad deeds kind of thing.

Wait a second. I thought Lauren Faust said you can't even HAVE death in My Little Pony.

But if I had to guess, I'd go with Celestia or Luna sacrificing herself for the savior of Equestria.

I like how people are saying somepony should be killed off because they dislike them, when OP clearly said that's not a valid reason.

Seriously that is really shallow.

Anyway, I don't think any character needs to be killed off. I don't think they could pull it off well for one, anyway, and I doubt they would get away with it.

• Brohoof 1