Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 5 Finale: Trailer Analysis & Predictions

Judgement Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LfNuzQ7YGw

A trailer for the Season 5 finale was released a few days ago, and I have quite a few things to say about it. This video contains my thoughts and speculation regarding what might transpire in the upcoming episode.

Please let me know your thoughts, and whether you agree or disagree with any of the points suggested. :)

~ Judgement Day

• Brohoof 6

I will tell this has everything to be an episode of Doctor Who. XD

I can imagine that it could be quite emotional and i predict a face turn by Starlight Glimmer at the end of the Episode, after she realizes that she might have rigged the universe a bit too hard, just for her revenge.

• Brohoof 3

I can imagine that it could be quite emotional and i predict a face turn by Starlight Glimmer at the end of the Episode, after she realizes that she might have rigged the universe a bit too hard, just for her revenge.

I think Starlight will never regret what see did or will do.

• Brohoof 3

I think Starlight will never regret what see did or will do.

I agree with this. Starlight has convictions, and solid belief that what she's doing is good and just. (A part of what makes her such a good villain.)

Edited by Sunset Discord
  • Brohoof 4

Too bad I can't watch it until Sunday at the latest. But this one is gonna be...interesting to say the least. It has a lot of things going for it...as well as things I'm really dreading(like the possibility of Glimmerdemption)

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

Well, my predictions were right after all, It looks like S5 is gonna end with an Cliffhanger for sure. Take a look at ReBoot, in season 2, Bob was exiled to the Web by Megabyte, and Enzo loses his eye while losing in a game in S3 and yes Megabyte returns and took full control of the Principle Office in S4.

Let me rephrase that: When S6 airs on Discovery Family, it's gonna take a full season to restore the timeline and then re-defeat Starlight Glimmer. Just trust me.

• Brohoof 1

I'm predicting that Starlight will lose any sense of depth she had in the season premiere and simply be reduced to a power-hungry villain so hell-bent on revenge that she makes some insanely stupid mistake that leads to her downfall. 

I'm also predicting that the mane five (the non-alternate timeline mane five, that is) will hardly play any role whatsoever, as it seems as though it's simply falling on Twilight to fix this mess on her own with only the assistance of Spike. 

In short, I'm predicting that this will more or less be my reaction to the finale: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRaoHi_xcWk

• Brohoof 2

It might be Statlight Gimmer that ends up fixing the issue (not that the anyone else does nothing) since she could realize what damage she has done to Equestria. And since it was supporting ponies that saved the day in the premiere and supporting characters given a bigger role overall this season it would fit if it was someone else than Twilight that would fix things.

The villain fixing the issue she caused would be a good twist and a moment if redemption (even if villains in this show do not need to anything to be recorded which is nice but change is too).

Also if Nightmare moon is the main villain for the finale should't Discord, Crystalis and Tyrek be too? Expecially Discord, I could see Nightmare Moon managing to defeat the other villains on her own somehow but how she would deal with Discord without the elements?

Unless Twilight and Spike (and Starlight Glimmer maybe) not only travel to an alternate dimensional but to a time after Nightmare Moon defeated Celestia but before Discord was freed from the stone?

MAIKUN, while I personally woudo like like a season long arc I truly doupt that will happen. This show's plot does not need to follow some other show.

• Brohoof 1

Seems like Starlight Glimmer will be much worser than in the first episodes (I still think she's a fallen student).

Not sure if I'm going to watch the finale. I stopped watching after Rarity Investigates.

I myself stopped watching after Slice of Life, though I did make a brief return for Crusaders of the Lost Mark (which I was not a big fan of, especially when it came to Diamond Tiara's rushed redemption). The two-parters tend to take themselves a bit more seriously than the usual slice-of-life fare, so with any luck, the finale will stay focused on delivering a solid core narrative. My expectations are not especially high at this point, but the trailer has me sufficiently excited that I plan to watch the episode.

I predict there will be fan service. Accurate or nah?

Given the show's track record at this point, I imagine so (though hopefully it will be toned down, so as not to clash with the more serious tone).

Too bad I can't watch it until Sunday at the latest. But this one is gonna be...interesting to say the least. It has a lot of things going for it...as well as things I'm really dreading(like the possibility of Glimmerdemption)

I don't blame you, as the show has definitely struggled with rushed villain redemptions in the past (Discord and Diamond Tiara being prominent examples). The completed S5 cast poster shows Starlight Glimmer standing next to Twilight Sparkle, with a friendly smile upon her face, so I have a feeling that a redemption is probably on its way. With any luck, the execution will be more successful than in past episodes.

Well, my predictions were right after all, It looks like S5 is gonna end with an Cliffhanger for sure. Take a look at ReBoot, in season 2, Bob was exiled to the Web by Megabyte, and Enzo loses his eye while losing in a game in S3 and yes Megabyte returns and took full control of the Principle Office in S4.

Let me rephrase that: When S6 airs on Discovery Family, it's gonna take a full season to restore the timeline and then re-defeat Starlight Glimmer. Just trust me.

I love the idea of a cliffhanger ending (and completing the story in the S6 premiere), but given the show's track record, I find it unlikely. With that said, you could very well be right (after all, the Equestria Girls film was released mid-season, so there is no need to resolve the conflict at the end of S5).

I'm predicting that Starlight will lose any sense of depth she had in the season premiere and simply be reduced to a power-hungry villain so hell-bent on revenge that she makes some insanely stupid mistake that leads to her downfall. 

I'm also predicting that the mane five (the non-alternate timeline mane five, that is) will hardly play any role whatsoever, as it seems as though it's simply falling on Twilight to fix this mess on her own with only the assistance of Spike. 

In short, I'm predicting that this will more or less be my reaction to the finale: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRaoHi_xcWk

I cannot say that I disagree with your predictions (as this seems to be a trend with the recent seasons). However, I like to go into episodes expecting the best (so as not to colour the experience), so I will put those reservations aside until after I have seen the finale.

It might be Statlight Gimmer that ends up fixing the issue (not that the anyone else does nothing) since she could realize what damage she has done to Equestria. And since it was supporting ponies that saved the day in the premiere and supporting characters given a bigger role overall this season it would fit if it was someone else than Twilight that would fix things.

The villain fixing the issue she caused would be a good twist and a moment if redemption (even if villains in this show do not need to anything to be recorded which is nice but change is too).

Also if Nightmare moon is the main villain for the finale should't Discord, Crystalis and Tyrek be too? Expecially Discord, I could see Nightmare Moon managing to defeat the other villains on her own somehow but how she would deal with Discord without the elements?

Unless Twilight and Spike (and Starlight Glimmer maybe) not only travel to an alternate dimensional but to a time after Nightmare Moon defeated Celestia but before Discord was freed from the stone?

MAIKUN, while I personally woudo like like a season long arc I truly doupt that will happen. This show's plot does not need to follow some other show.

I like those ideas. As for the other villains making an appearance, that would probably only happen if the characters jump around to a lot of different points on the timeline. Given time constraints, I imagine that they will probably limit the scope of the story and just focus on Nightmare Moon (though we will have to wait and see).

@@MAIKUN, As much as I would like to see them take a real whole season to solve a much more complex and layered problem, I have my doubts that would occur.

@@Cleverclover, - well if you have low standards, and somehow the finale slightly exceeds that, maybe you'll find a little enjoyment out of it?

I never liked how they used time as a plot element before in its about time (since it seems as though that should never have worked), but meh, its magic. Somehow magic fix, whatever.

@,  - I'm thinking you might be right, that there will be a bit of fan-service in the finale, but not too much.

@,  Man I really hope she doesn't have THAT FAST of a heel-face turn.  I mean, I'm not expecting the main conflict of the two part finale to extend beyond S5 (although a cliff-hanger would be cool actually for once).  Though I still hope there's going to be an actual background story about Starlight Glimmer, because seriously, it would be an absolute waste if we don't get more of character history put into her consider that she has been a lot more interesting and complex antagonist than previous other ones. 

• Brohoof 1

Yes ;p

(I know you were probably talking at someone else, but figured I'd post anyways XD)

If this question was directed at me, then my answer is twofold. On the one hand, I like to go into every episode with an open mind, and for what it's worth, the trailer does make the finale seem exciting. On the other hand, based upon my feelings regarding the show's quality record since the start of Season 3, my guess is that it will probably be a bit of a mess. But those reservations will be put aside until after I have seen the episode.

full.png

full.jpg

Yay, more pics for baseless speculations. :P

The first picture intrigues me especially. :)