Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Season 5 Finale: Trailer Analysis & Predictions

Judgement Day

I'm keeping my hype in check as it stands. The finale certainly looks like it has promise, but I don't want to raise my expectations too high.

Still though, season 5 has been great thus far, so hopefully that quality keeps.

The premise of the finale sounds great, and so far I liked everything I have seen from the promo and images. It is looking like it is going to be easily the best of  Season 5.

My guess for the first picture is that Starlight is able to take control and equalize Ponyville, and that second picture may be Twilight and Spike trapped in a crystal during their time travel adventures.

Edited by UnknownFry

Quote malfunction, oops. Not really good at this.

sig-4231507.sig-4231083.full.jpg

Maybe the crystal prevents the time spell from affecting them? That could explain why Twilight still has her wings. I don't usually consider comics canon, but in Reflections Celestia suggesting trapping her and her evil counterpart in crystal so she couldn't get out, they're magical resistant.

Place your bets: Will Starlight be redeemed or not?

It's been obvious from the beginning, so yes it probably will happen.

Edited by EmeraldSkies

I bet 1000 bits that she makes a face turn. I have no doubt.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight discovers her Titan-shifting abilities!

Personally I think that's how starlight manages to temporarily dispose of twilight while she stops the sonic rainboom.

Twilight comes after her in time, starlight freezes her in a crystal and twilight and spike fall towards the ground, Twilight has to figure out how to shatter/escape the crystal before the two of the hit the ground and die, cue tense action scene of her escape.

Meanwhile Starlight stops Dash somehow.

Given the G.M. Berrows book synopsis, I don't see how this is in question :P XD

No she won't. She didn't learn her lesson in the premiere, so I highly doubt she will again here. She just wants power and control - there's not much she could be if she turned good.

If we see her getting brainwashed by the Mane 6's Rainbow ray of friendship just like Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Sunset then I'm just gonna quit. We need a better ending than that. Something unexpected, not a boring cliche.

No she won't. She didn't learn her lesson in the premiere, so I highly doubt she will again here. She just wants power and control - there's not much she could be if she turned good.

If we see her getting brainwashed by the Mane 6's Rainbow ray of friendship just like Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Sunset then I'm just gonna quit. We need a better ending than that. Something unexpected, not a boring cliche.

I completly disagree. I think she can work well with the mane 6 in Season 6.

Most people don't see it, but she has alot of things going on. She kidnapped the Mane 6, and tried to brainwash them and then if the finale predictions are true, she literally tried to ruin their entire lives and make them miserable for her own gain. Everyone but Twilight would be Discord tier suspicious and untrusting of her. That could be the basis of some good interaction.

Glimmer has a pretty nuanced personality that has a bit of all the mane 6 in it. She's able to at least appear nice and 'motherly' like Fluttershy, secretly has a bit of an ego like Rainbow Dash, started a cult in the middle of nowhere and works entirely alone so a bit of AJ, was called a 'Fancy Pony' in her Gameloft bio so she may come from a nobile bloodline which is the polar opposite to Rarity, Hates fun and chaos so her and Ponka would butt heads, and of course is analogous to Twilight.

There's a bit more to her than that but you get the point. She has a lot in place to create entire episodes with her interacting with the various mane 6. And has Our Town to deal with.

I know that i am probably one of the few guys, who would enjoy a face turn, but hey bomb away at me. Just my opinion. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to see Starlight meet Discord. Someone who loves order meeting the embodiment of chaos.

Considering what kinda pony Starlight is, that might turn out hilarious. We could also get a nice lesson, on how order can't survive without chaos and the other way around. :D

The thing is, I don't see how this is up for discussion; The Poster for S5 has starlight glimmer's shadow standing next to twilight with twilight having a happy expression on her face while looking at her, and there's a book coming out about her as twilight's student.
There's literally no way I can see her NOT being reformed, its basically canon by now :P

Keep in mind, there's time travel this episode too, so we might see WHY starlight hates cutie marks and why she's like she is. They could end up going back to a pivotal point in her life and find out a freudian excuse for her behavior that allows them to redeem her.

• Brohoof 1

The first picture intrigues me especially.

It looks like the same image of Ponyville you see in the intro before it zooms in on Twilight landing in Ponyville (specifically the first season's intro since that image is also missing Canterlot and the other mountains in the background), just grayed out.

sig-4231083.full.png

Here's the description that accompanied this picture:

Another day in Ponyville, exactly as nice as every other day. Everything is equal in Ponyville. There’s absolutely nothing wrong here. So if anypony asks, say that everything is all right… and it just might be.

This seems to imply that Stalin Starlight Glimmer took over Ponyville.

Edited by WriteCodes46

We could possibly see a lot of the old history of Equestria and the events which transpired before. Something like flashbacks of the past, etc. Then, probably, Starlight would try to manipulate the spells, and end up making a whole mess of everything. xD 

I completly disagree. I think she can work well with the mane 6 in Season 6.

Most people don't see it, but she has alot of things going on. She kidnapped the Mane 6, and tried to brainwash them and then if the finale predictions are true, she literally tried to ruin their entire lives and make them miserable for her own gain. Everyone but Twilight would be Discord tier suspicious and untrusting of her. That could be the basis of some good interaction.

Glimmer has a pretty nuanced personality that has a bit of all the mane 6 in it. She's able to at least appear nice and 'motherly' like Fluttershy, secretly has a bit of an ego like Rainbow Dash, started a cult in the middle of nowhere and works entirely alone so a bit of AJ, was called a 'Fancy Pony' in her Gameloft bio so she may come from a nobile bloodline which is the polar opposite to Rarity, Hates fun and chaos so her and Ponka would butt heads, and of course is analogous to Twilight.

There's a bit more to her than that but you get the point. She has a lot in place to create entire episodes with her interacting with the various mane 6. And has Our Town to deal with.

I know that i am probably one of the few guys, who would enjoy a face turn, but hey bomb away at me. Just my opinion. ;)

I think her similarities with the Mane 6 just make her that better of a villain. If she can relate to them, maybe she can manipulate them better.

With the redemption pattern, there's a fair chance she'll be redeemed. But what would happen after that? I suppose she could try to keep order in Ponyville (with order and equality being her thing). But to do so would mean she'd be on their side against another villain, who would probably try to start chaos. Discord's already been redeemed though..

I think her similarities with the Mane 6 just make her that better of a villain. If she can relate to them, maybe she can manipulate them better.

With the redemption pattern, there's a fair chance she'll be redeemed. But what would happen after that? I suppose she could try to keep order in Ponyville (with order and equality being her thing). But to do so would mean she'd be on their side against another villain, who would probably try to start chaos. Discord's already been redeemed though..

I never said she would be completly redeemed. Just kinda like trying to be good, but still with flaws. She could be Twilights friendship student and the others would be kinda mistrusting of her, Starlight interacting with the mane 6 can be very interesting.

That's just me though.

• Brohoof 2

Well, Glimmer is not guilty of being EWM (Evil While Monster) so she’ll be 100% redeemed without any long-term consequences. I mean, she only tried to magically change Equestria into a bleak enclave of misery because mommy and daddy didn’t love her very much. Clearly a minor offence compared to what Tirek did. Can’t fill Tartarus with ponies when you have unsellable monsters to occupy its chambers.

Also, I can’t really take her seriously. She’s an untalented (compared to Twily) little unicorn with a cast time of like three years. A diamond dog could take her down with a rock and a fast throwing arm. The only thing that makes her an actual threat is plot armor.

But this is not the biggest problem since a “kid show” card can always be used to make salt out of my acid. What’s bad is that some people who are slightly less enthusiastic about fanon never got to develop any real attachment towards her. She’s just … enh (deer face no space). These two episodes should justify her position as a non-background pony. I want to believe.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not really looking forward to this finale. Personally, I don't think much of the two-parters because they suffer from many problems, with at least a few overlapping. I did like "The Cutie Map" though (along with the pilot and "Princess Twilight Sparkle"), but that doesn't make me hopeful about the new episodes. I'm trying to have neutral expectations, though. (key word being "trying")

Also, I can’t really take her seriously. She’s an untalented (compared to Twily) little unicorn with a cast time of like three years. A diamond dog could take her down with a rock and a fast throwing arm. The only thing that makes her an actual threat is plot armor.

>I Keep pressing the brohoof button but it won't reach a millon!

Agreed so freaking much. She's a good antagonist, but I honestly don't feel she's ANYWHERE near 2 parter villain territory. She feels on par with Trixie as a villain, not really "Threaten equestria" tier villainy.

hell, the only reason she looks to be a threat here is because the crew threw here an "I WIN" artifact plot tailored to let her screw things up in time.

My prediction in the 5th season finale is to see Starlight Glimmer redeemed in stopping the war from the time changes, all ponies will have to forget about equality.